Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

I'm either noticing more on indoor plants than I have in the past with my outdoor BUT...am I seeing a second round of budding? It looks like there's orange older stigmas and then there's new 'turgid' :oops: stigma with plump calyxes? I've seen it on other people's tent plants, too.

Day 42 Flower​

Good morning guys. And Happy Monday!

The readings this morning:

PPM : 460
PH : 5.7

Hasn't moved since last night. Water level has dropped significantly though. Bumped the PH up to 5.9. Lights back on for the ladies after almost 36 hours of darkness, so lets just hope they continue to flower following the interruption to their dark period.

I'll be swapping out the res either today or tomorrow for the final recipe. I'll be flushing through some fresh water for an hour before adding the new feed. I'm going to bump the nutrient strength up to 500ppm/1.0ec (maybe even a little higher) to address the deficiencies i saw as I'm noticing them on other parts of the canopy too.

:peace:
It would be heartbreaking if they hermied because of your light problem the other day. I did it once wit a white light. Left on at night, and had just one girl got upset about it. But I was able to make it to harvest hopefully you'll be ok.
Girls are looking good GG . :thumb:

I'm either noticing more on indoor plants than I have in the past with my outdoor BUT...am I seeing a second round of budding? It looks like there's orange older stigmas and then there's new 'turgid' :oops: stigma with plump calyxes? I've seen it on other people's tent plants, too.
I know what you mean @copperrein, it looks like there is another round of flowers sprouting. I've seen this on other strains I've grown too, especially sativas. On occasion i've had to reduce the hours of light to get them to mature. This strain is a little deceptive too, the stigmas turn really quickly. It will be interesting to see how quickly these new stigmas turn, and if more appear.

As long as they don't reveg or hermie - I'm happy :)

It would be heartbreaking if they hermied because of your light problem the other day. I did it once wit a white light. Left on at night, and had just one girl got upset about it. But I was able to make it to harvest hopefully you'll be ok.
Tell me about it @Bill284 - It will be heartbreaking. I think I'll be more upset about how the journal will end to be honest haha. I've put so much effort into keeping it updated daily, and documenting as much as possible, including mistakes (big or small), it would be a shame for it to end that way. But I'm thinking positively. I'm hopeful :peace:
Girls are looking good GG . :thumb:
Thanks my friend :high-five:

Tell me about it @Bill284 - It will be heartbreaking. I think I'll be more upset about how the journal will end to be honest haha. I've put so much effort into keeping it updated daily, and documenting as much as possible, including mistakes (big or small), it would be a shame for it to end that way. But I'm thinking positively. I'm hopeful :peace:

Thanks my friend :high-five:
I understand all the work you have put in to it my friend. Your def dedicated to your girls, I have faith it'll be ok. ;)

It's up to you @GoogleGenie , but I would raise the (PH) up to 6.0-6.1 during this stage of flowering to uptake the PK better. If the (PH) is to low it may resemble nutrient lockout, but it's not.
I'll do that, Thanks Tok. I'll bump it up.
I think if you spray at night and raise the PH up you will be fine and your ladies will be happy.
When you say spray at night - do you mean spray Magnesium Sulphate at night (as you mentioned in the other post)? Instead of include it in the res? I don't have any epsom salts at the moment, only the liquid form (Botanicare Sweet).

Epsom salt can be use to spray foliage at night to increase Magnesium and sulphur deliver thought the leaves until you are able to raise the bucket PH.

Do not use in bucket if you are spraying. It's hard to overdue it with Epsom Salt, if you use the right dosage properly. If you decide to add it to the bucket solution dissolve about 15ml in your bucket to start.

Something to remember Epsom salt works best with sick or plant at the end of flowering.

I think for faster results I would spray with ph'd epsom salt

Tok..

Epsom salt can be use to spray foliage at night to increase Magnesium and sulphur deliver thought the leaves until you are able to raise the bucket PH.

Do not use in bucket if you are spraying. It's hard to overdue it with Epsom Salt, if you use the right dosage properly. If you decide to add it to the bucket solution dissolve about 15ml in your bucket to start.

Something to remember Epsom salt works best with sick or plant at the end of flowering.

I think for faster results I would spray with ph'd epsom salt
I have a batch just cooling now that i'll ph as soon as is cool, and then give it to them after lights out. I won't put any in the system. I had epsom salts in the end, used as bath salts usually. But nothing else added, says it's pure Magnesium Sulphate.

Another question @Tokin Roll - I'm going to struggle to spray on the leaves and avoid the buds themselves, especially at the back of the screen - Am i ok to spray this on the buds. Presumably I'll need to wash my buds when I harvest if i do?

Day 42 Flower continued...​

The readings at lights out (after adjustment from 5.8 -> 6.1)

PPM : 490
PH : 6.1

I'm expecting the PH to drop come morning as the EC has been steadily rising too. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

As per Toks advice. I sprayed the canopy when the lights were out with water + epsom salts (1.25g for 1L). Dissolved them with warm water and waited for it to cool before adjusting it to 6.0. I tried my best to miss the buds when spraying but as I'm sure you can imagine, it's tricky in a ScrOG screen when i only have access to the front and one side. So i undoubtedly hit some of the buds. I don't mind having to wash my buds if i need to though.

Let's see what the morning brings :peace:

Day 43 Flower​

Hey guys!

The readings this morning:

Pleasantly surprised that the PH is stable. Thanks for the tip @Tokin Roll - Looks like they appreciated the bump up in PH.

Last night after lights out, I sprayed the canopy with Water + Epsom Salts PHd to 6.0. I read that it usually takes a few days for the plants to respond - however, I think that the yellowing lady front-left is already responding to it and some of her leaves are starting to green up already - I' sure of it:

It will be interesting to monitor this canopy over the next few days.

And of course...

Audrey :love:

Here are some shots of the new flowers @copperrein noticed. I wonder if this might be a touch of fox-tailing from the stress of the darkness interruption and/or the excessive darkness after it - if so, I'll take that :)

And here is a shot of Gabrielle - she's a beast...

I don't know about the foxtails. Some just do it.
Hopefully Otter. I'm just theorising :bong::laughtwo:

Truth is, i'm just super relieved I'm not seeing an signs of reveg or hermie - if there arent any signs of it in the next few days I think we can assume we're out of the woods :)

Day 43 Flower continued...​

Evening all.

I had to knock the PH down a touch today, it rose to 6.2 so i dropped it down to 6.0.

The readings just before lights out:

I'll knock it down to 6.0 again after lights out in case it rises overnight.

Nice, stable, uneventful day today :thumb: and more importantly - the girls seem to be getting on with flowering.

Here are some shots of the new flowers @copperrein noticed. I wonder if this might be a touch of fox-tailing from the stress of the darkness interruption and/or the excessive darkness after it - if so, I'll take that :)
Some strains are worse than others... as the old calyx begins to die off it will send out fresh bud sites (the things we do for love lol)

Hey @Diatomacious and welcome :peace:

Some strains are worse than others... as the old calyx begins to die off it will send out fresh bud sites
Thanks for the input. Yea, I think I was overthinking it with the stress/fox-tails :laughtwo:

I've had it happen before where they just keep sprouting. I usually just like to leave them do their thing, however in the past when it's just gone on for too long the only thing I've been able to do is reduce the hours of light and this seems to encourage the plants to start maturing. I'm thinking i'll just leave these girls be.

How do you typically handle it? Do you see it as an issue?
(the things we do for love lol)
Haha, indeed :green_heart:

Day 44 Flower​

Hey guys! The readings this morning:

PPM : 510

I'm glad the PH is still nice and stable. Rise in EC/PPM suggests that the girls are drinking more water. I'm going to be draining and rinsing the roots with plain water anyway before I refill the system with Week 7 recipe.

Front-left lady is still looking sick, but has picked up a little. Lets see what she looks like the next few days. The others are loving life.

Audrey :love:

How do you typically handle it? Do you see it as an issue?
Nothing you can do about it IMO... she's just sending out some fresh hairs to try and catch some pollen.

It still smokes :thumb:

Day 44 Flower continued...​

This evening after work i drained the system and flushed the roots for an hour with plain PHd water (6.0).

I then drained and refilled the system with 35L of Week 7 Recipe. Depending on how the react tomorrow depends on what i top up the system with. I deliberately 2/3 filled it.

Week 7 Recipe​

Starting Water : Rain water 0ec (25ppm)
base
- Buddhas Tree Solar Green Power (Silica) @ recommended 0.25ml/l
- TA CalMag -> 0.3ec/175ppm
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 0.9ec/450ppm
boost
- Atami Bloombastic -> 1.1ec/550ppm
Adjusted to 6.0 PH
bennies
- Hydroguard

After 10mins of circulating the system read 550ppm at 6.0ph. I had to knock the PH back down to 6.0 earlier as it had risen to 6.2

At lights out, the readings:

PPM : 540
PH : 6.0

Let's see what the morning brings.

Back
Top Bottom