Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 4 Flower​

Woke up this morning and the ladies are sat at:
1.0ec
5.8ph
Just the way i left them at lights out. Perfect!

Shot from the side window of the tent
The stretch is well and truly underway now.

You can see the closest 2 are thriving (no coincidence they have the biggest root balls). The back 2 are a little slower, but coming along.

Day 4 Flower​

Woke up this morning and the ladies are sat at:
1.0ec
5.8ph
Just the way i left them at lights out. Perfect!

Shot from the side window of the tent
The stretch is well and truly underway now.

You can see the closest 2 are thriving (no coincidence they have the biggest root balls). The back 2 are a little slower, but coming along.
Great job! Harvest looks like It’s going to be a good one! :bongrip:

Looking for a new light, as the one I’m using was a starting light that I got from Ebay for my grows.
I’m looking for something along the lines of Mars, or something alike. any recommendations? :ganjamon:
I can highly recommend Mars Hydro lighting. I've not used anything else in years.

It does depend on the size of your space. If i recall you are in a 4x4 space (correct me if i'm wrong). On a budget, I'd recommend the TS 2000 or the TS 3000 lights, the later offering a slightly larger coverage. If you have a little more to spend then i'd recommend either a couple of SP 3000 or the FC 4800.

But checkout the Mars Hydro website, or ping @Mars Hydro - they are always super helpful and very informative. Alternatively, there is this thread you can visit with lots of information

:peace:

At lights out the PH was 5.8 and the EC was 1.0 - I’ll be thrilled if it stays the same tomorrow morning. I haven’t had to make any adjustments today and the water level is dropping nicely in the system so we’ve hit the sweet spot.

if the EC goes down, I’ll feed a solution at 1.0ec. If it stays the same or goes up, I’ll feed a solution at 0.8ec.

Good night all :peace:

Today's question is: Do you think you should let her stretch a another week or so before you put her under the net; just to fill the net properly?

I do one plant for a 4x4and 90+% of the net is not unusual.
Hey Tokin. Ideally, I always aim to have the screen on before the flip. Mainly to control the flowering stretch. I’d expect the screen to be pretty full by the end of Week 3.

When flowering 4 ladies in the system, I aim to veg for around 21 days before I flip. 28 days max. If I let them veg any more than that I just create more work for myself during my day 21 defoliation.
Here is a snap of the last run I did with 4 ladies and I let them veg for 28 days. This is what they looked life come day 21 defoliation
Which is a bit more crowded than I’d like. And it’s murder on my back getting defoliating while the screen is on when it’s that bushy. And believe it or not, there is a scrog screen hidden under all those leaves :laugh:
I have not done it yet, but thinking about starting a general DWC hydro journal.
If you do I’m in :high-five:

So much green. Lol. Awesome.
Thanks Vet. It looks good but it is such a pain to trim. I don't even think that was at day 21 yet so they'd have been even bigger come trim time. Too big :laugh::laugh:

I try to hit the sweet spot where I fill the screen but need to remove minimal come the end of stretch. I really don't like having to do a big trim. All of the energy my beautiful plant put into creating those stems and leaves, and i'm chopping them off, what a waste.
Tempted to try a little scrog when I do my Hawaii Maui Waui.
I'm a big fan of ScrOG. It's a great way to make the most out of your footprint with minimal plants. And it's really easy. The hardest bit will probably be putting a screen together. I find bamboo cane works well :thumb:

Looking great GG! :high-five:

I absolutely love the tip using the steel wool on top of the hydroton... thats a great trick I think I can make great use of!

Awesome reading on the critical flowering time, I'm gonna have to break back out Eds book and reread it again sometime soon.
Love the work your doing and can't wait to see that scrog filled up!

Back
Top Bottom