Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Try a pan or bowl of rice and see if that help with the humidity.

If that doesn't work put the rice in a sock and hang it.

I have used sand in a bowl with water to add humidity also.

Just something to think about,

Tok..
Wow I never thought about doing that. :thumb:

Try a pan or bowl of rice and see if that help with the humidity.

If that doesn't work put the rice in a sock and hang it.

I have used sand in a bowl with water to add humidity also.

Just something to think about,

Tok..
Great tip there @Tokin Roll - what a great idea!!

Kewl on the little squeeze bottles. My wife tie dyes and has loads of these.
I have the opposite problem. I an constantly fight high humidity. I run an exhaust fan and two other fans running just about 24/7.
Fighting the other end of the battle there Dusty :passitleft:

Day 12 Flower​

RH is still very low today. Will keep the Humidifier on all day to try and keep it at 30% minimum.

The readings this morning are:

EC : 0.8
PH : 5.6

I'm actually quite relieved. I thought I was going to be doing the "PH Down Dance" all this week, but that might not be the case. I would have expected it to take a bigger plunge if we had a bigger problem.

Bumped it up to 5.8 and will keep an eye on it. I don't want to top up the system again as the water level isn't quite low enough yet. There will be a nice air gap between net pot and water as it stands, so i'll let it drop a little, and top up with weak nutrient solution later.

Here they are this morning. You can see the flowers now. You can also tell they have sativa in their genetics, look at the stretch on them (except for the runt front right).

Some of those branches are so stretchy, If they keep stretching I'm going to have to rearrange the screen a bit. But hopefully they're letting up now.

And here are some close ups. You'll notice some minor tip burn. This could be due to the nutrient solution strength being too strong, or the low RH recently. I'll be keeping a close eye on this either way.

Checking on the system, the PH has drifted down to 5.7 again.

Will address this with the top up. I made 10L of:

Topup​

Canna Aqua Flores -> 0.6ec
Boost -> 0.7ec
Cannazyme
PH adjusted to 5.8
Root Excelurator Silver
Hydroguard

Fed the system 5L of the above. After feeding the system read:

EC : 0.7
PPM : 380
PH : 5.8

I was going to feed a weaker solution, but noticed a slight yellowing of the lower leaves of the front-left lady. And a single leaf at the bottom has been completely cleaned out.

There is some minor tip burn on the lower growth also which is from earlier as the new growth doesn't show it.

Here are a couple of snaps of the buds in the other area, currently at Day 43 of flower. I thought I would share some pics here too.

Hit a few problems with these girls, but we made it, and they're pretty happy at the moment, feeding nicely. The number of dark pistils has increased over the last day or so. I estimate ~3 weeks before I will need to begin flush.

Deep Cheese

Blue Kush

Thanks Nugz :high-five: She is indeed. They both are. I try not to touch them without gloves on or i can't get it off my hands
I spray my hands with Pam cooking oil, then scrub with dawn, then rinse clean.
Learned that from a old school mentor I was helping during harvest.

:green_heart: This is going to be fun to watch. Looking great.
Thanks mate. I'm hoping it will be fun to grow too :lot-o-toke:
Lookin great GG! Hope the PH stabilizes for you.

That Blue Kush is :drool:
Thanks Rexer :high-five: I do like this Blue Kush so far. She produces some lovely buds. I'm hoping I can do a better job of flower this run.
I might have to try a run with those deep cheese
This is my first time with it. It looks really nice. I got these from Dinafem some time ago but it doesn't appear they are trading at the moment.
I spray my hands with Pam cooking oil, then scrub with dawn, then rinse clean.
Learned that from a old school mentor I was helping during harvest.
Excellent tip I will certainly be giving that a go. I was recommended toothpaste - but that didn't do a great job. Thanks Bong, James Bong :thumb:

Day 13 Flower​

The readings this morning:

EC : 0.8
PPM : 380
PH : 5.7

PH dropped a point over night which isn't too bad. I'm going to dilute the remaining 5L of top up down a bit and top up the system when the level drops a little. Ladies seem pretty happy at the moment

And here is Audrey, loving life

Back
Top Bottom