Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

It's probably a simple oversight

What is your solution ratio?

What is your nutrient feed?

There's a water chart on this site some where.

1. Flushed with a low ph water, which can start to play into the acid rain theory.

2.Is she taking the water and not nutrients?

When you flush your system was the water ph adjusted or very low?
I would adjust it and keep an eye on it.

Tok..

It's probably a simple oversight

What is your solution ratio?

What is your nutrient feed?

There's a water chart on this site some where.

1. Flushed with a low ph water, which can start to play into the acid rain theory.

2.Is she taking the water and not nutrients?

When you flush your system was the water ph adjusted or very low?
I would adjust it and keep an eye on it.

Tok..
I’m not too concerned at the moment to be honest. I added water to drop the EC as a precautionary measure. The drop could be a number of things, it could just be they are consuming an excess of one nutrient over another. Or that this base is poorly buffered. So I don’t want to do anything drastic just yet.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on Ph to keep it in range and I’ll be monitoring the water level too. If the water level doesn’t move that would concern me. I’ll mark it and see if it moves. Otherwise I’ll just adjust as necessary.

Im waiting on a delivery of my usual base Nutrient as I ran out a couple of days ago (Aqua Flores). As soon as that arrives I’m going to drain the system and replace with my regular nutrient. I am using a freebie backup I have. Deliveries here are taking much longer than usual.

I’ll make a note of any activity and share it here though. Thanks Tok :thumb:

Day 19 Flower continued...​

The reading before lights out:

EC : 0.9
PPM : 450
PH : 4.9

That is a pretty major drop. I added 4ml of PH Up to bring it back up to 6.0. This also increased my readings by 20ppm.

I’ll check it before bed and adjust as necessary.

Day 20 Flower​

The PH before i went to bed was sat at 5.7, so i added 2ml of PH up to bring it up to 6.1.

This morning the readings:

PPM : 470
PH : 4.9

Another major drop in PH.

Some good news. My regular base nutrient - Canna Aqua Flores arrived today.

I drained the system. And filled with plain water @ PH 5.8. It's been circulating in the system for over an hour, and no drop in PH. Stable at 5.8.

I'm convinced that the drop is due to a poor or in-balanced buffering in the backup nutrient I used (Ionic Hydro Bloom). I also noticed that this nutrient is for hard water, and i'm using soft water which might have something to do with it. Either way, I won't be using that again.

I'll drain the system again shortly and refill with a fresh batch of Week 4.

Audrey :love:

I drained the PH'd water that was circulating in the system, and refilled with a fresh batch of Week 4.

Week 4 Recipe​

Starting water : Rain water 0ec
Solar Green Power Silica @ recommended
TA CalMag (CaliMagic) -> 0.4ec
Canna Aqua Flores -> 1.1ec
(I consider this my base)

Buddhas Tree PK918 -> @ recommended (1.3ec)
Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> @ recommended (1.4ec)
(this is my week 4 boost)

Diluted down to 0.8ec
PH adjusted to 6.0
Root Excelurator Silver @ recommended
Hydroguard @ recommended
(My bennies)

Readings after feed (after 10mins circulation)​

EC : 0.8
PPM : 420
PH : 6.0

I set the PH at 6.0 in case there is a drift down. After an hour, the system reads:
EC: 0.8
PPM : 410
PH : 6.1

EC down, PH Up! Happy days! I added 4L more to the system to bump the EC up a little. It now reads:

PPM : 460
PH : 5.8

I think they'll be able to handle the increase. My top up solution is 1.0ec.
A minor hiccup, but we appear to be back on track. :thumb:

Day 21 Flower​

The PH had slipped down to 5.5 and the EC had started to rise to 480 before I went to bed. Which is an increase of 30ppm and a 3 point drop in PH. I bumped the PH up to 6.1.

This morning the readings:

EC : 1.0
PPM : 500
PH : 4.8

As scary as this is - I'm not too alarmed by this. The ladies are clearly telling me that the nutrient strength is too strong with a drop in PH and clear rise in EC. So i added some plain water + bennies and left the system at:

PPM : 400
PH : 6.0 (a little higher in case it drops).

Here they are at Day 21:

She has her first battle scar

You're all over it. I think this kind of stuff is why hydro seems daunting to some of us. But in reality as long as you have things setup properly and understand how to manage it then it's no different to any other medium. You are just reacting to what the fluid is telling you before the plants start showing it. Which is more efficient.

You're all over it. I think this kind of stuff is why hydro seems daunting to some of us. But in reality as long as you have things setup properly and understand how to manage it then it's no different to any other medium. You are just reacting to what the fluid is telling you before the plants start showing it. Which is more efficient.
Exactly that!

I think one of the most difficult parts is finding the sweet spot in terms of nutrient strength and responding accordingly. Growers underestimate how much their environment and setup can have an influence on this. I've seen some growers hitting really high EC levels and the plants are getting on with it. But if i were to run at those levels i'd fry my plants.

When I first started out, if the PH took a huge drop like that i'd just throw in a load of PH up - the sins, oh the sins!

One interesting thing i learned about running a hyper aerated DWC is that you need to provide more water (lower ec). Hyper aerated being a system with optimal temperature for the most amount of dissolved oxygen, and then providing the most oxygen possible. Plants roots take up nutrient more efficiently in this sort of environment, so they take up more water. To add to that, when growing under LED, plants also take up nutrients more efficiently, so again, more water, and you need to be extra mindful of VPD. Some good examples of how environment can affect how you feed.

It's all a learning process. This place helps a lot!!

Half way through the day and the system reads:

PPM : 410
PH : 5.7

Still a very slight increase in EC and drop in PH, so maybe the nutrient strength is still a little strong. I added a few litres of plain water to bump up the PH to 5.9 and bring down a touch (400ppm). Will keep up this dance today and see what the system reads tomorrow morning.

:bongrip:

Day 21 Flower continued...​

Readings after lights out:
PH : 5.8

The PH has dropped a point, so I’m going to preempt a drop overnight. I set the PH up to 6.0. This also bumped the ppm up to 410.

Let’s see what the morning brings. Good night all :peace:

Day 22 Flower​

The readings this morning:

PH : 5.4

Another drop in PH, but not quite as drastic as it was. I added 6L of plain water to the res to bring the EC down to 380 and adjusted the PH to 5.8. I'll keep an eye on this today. Will top up with nutrient solution later today.

The screen is pretty crowded so will do some reshuffling when i defoliate later on. I don't think I will have much defoliation to do which is a relief. Still some yellowing going on with the front-left lady so will keep an eye on her too.

And here they are:

I think I spot a bit of Magnesium deficiency. Will be addressing this with next feed.

Day 22 Flower​

The readings this morning:

PH : 5.4

Another drop in PH, but not quite as drastic as it was. I added 6L of plain water to the res to bring the EC down to 380 and adjusted the PH to 5.8. I'll keep an eye on this today. Will top up with nutrient solution later today.

The screen is pretty crowded so will do some reshuffling when i defoliate later on. I don't think I will have much defoliation to do which is a relief. Still some yellowing going on with the front-left lady so will keep an eye on her too.

And here they are:

I think I spot a bit of Magnesium deficiency. Will be addressing this with next feed.

Things are looking good my friend. :thumb: Nice girls.

Your light source is gonna determine your e.c. level. 3watt chips and yeah cant feed to high
Hps you wanna get it up there. Like out in the sun they can feed heavy.
I’d like to grow under HPS one day, just to see what it’s like. I’ve only ever grown under LED. Under my current circumstances HPS isn’t an option. Absolutely though, you're right Dusty, with LED you need to go easy.

When I started out, there was little to no information about growing under LED and the lights themselves were difficult to get hold of, in fact there was still a lot of scepticism and misinformation around LED lights (some of you may remember). So I followed the same sort of methods that HPS growers did, while growing under LED, which at the time led to a great deal of confusion for me, being a new grower. It was a steep learning curve at the time. I’m still learning, every day, from you good people especially, but it’s less of an avalanche of information these days, and more of a pleasant stream :laughtwo:

I’ve been growing these past couple of years but strictly high CBD stuff for my partner who suffers with chronic pain. I was very pleased to find a lot more information available, and lots more LED growers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. This and my other run are my first THC rich ladies for a long time....and I can’t wait! :love:

Back
Top Bottom