Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

I'm Pinching your concept, sorry. All my post from now on will be like this one . Thanks
Lol definitely same here.. I'll try at least.. :)

Day 33 Flower​

Hey all. A bit late with my update today as I've spent the day doing some harvesting. This morning the readings were:

PPM : 570
PH : 5.9

EC has crept up a little from the 550 it was at light out, while PH has stayed pretty steady. I emptied the system today. I went to fetch my rain water from outside...

Here they are from this morning:

The ladies had a couple of hours of draught today while the water warmed up up enough to melt the ice and so that it was warm enough not to shock them.

Audrey :love:

After a couple of hours, when the water was in a range where I could give it to them, they didn't seem phased by the drought. I topped up with:

Week 6 Recipe
(base)
Starting water : Rain water
- Solar Green Power (Silica) @recommended
- TA CalMag (Ca + Mg) -> 0.3ec/150ppm
- Botanicare Sweet (Mg + S) -> 0.5ec/250ppm
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 1.1ec/550ppm
(boost)
- Buddhas Tree PK918 -> 1.4eh/700ppm (bloom boost)
- Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> 1.5ec/750ppm (amino acids, kelp)
Diluted down to 0.9ec
PH Adjusted to 5.8

- Hydroguard @ recommended

Readings after refill:

PPM : 520
PH : 5.8

:peace:

Day 34 Flower​

I popped my head in after lights out last night and the readings were:

PPM : 540
PH : 6.3

The EC crept up a touch and the PH crept up a lot. adjusted there and then down to 5.8. This morning however, the readings:

PH : 5.5

A little confusing, but i'm going to take it that the solution is a little strong. I bumped the PH up for now to 6.0. I'm going to wait for some water to melt and i'll top them up to bring the PPM down.

Here they are this morning:

Day 33 Flower​

Hey all. A bit late with my update today as I've spent the day doing some harvesting. This morning the readings were:

PH : 5.9

EC has crept up a little from the 550 it was at light out, while PH has stayed pretty steady. I emptied the system today. I went to fetch my rain water from outside...

Here they are from this morning:

The ladies had a couple of hours of draught today while the water warmed up up enough to melt the ice and so that it was warm enough not to shock them.

After a couple of hours, when the water was in a range where I could give it to them, they didn't seem phased by the drought. I topped up with:

Week 6 Recipe
(base)
Starting water : Rain water
- Solar Green Power (Silica) @recommended
- TA CalMag (Ca + Mg) -> 0.3ec/150ppm
- Botanicare Sweet (Mg + S) -> 0.5ec/250ppm
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 1.1ec/550ppm
(boost)
- Buddhas Tree PK918 -> 1.4eh/700ppm (bloom boost)
- Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> 1.5ec/750ppm (amino acids, kelp)
Diluted down to 0.9ec
PH Adjusted to 5.8

- Hydroguard @ recommended

Readings after refill:

PPM : 520
PH : 5.8

:peace:
Having to melt your rain water that must take a while getting enough for your whole system when you do changes.

Having to melt your rain water that must take a while getting enough for your whole system when you do changes.
Fortunately it only happens once a year and for a week or so when it’s this cold. But yes it’s a pain in the ass when it happens. But I refuse to feed my ladies tap water unless there is no other alternative.

Im actually looking at an RO solution at the moment. So hopefully won’t be an issue going forward :)

Day 34 Flower continued...​

I’ve not been able to give these ladies much attention today due to harvesting of the other area

I topped up the system earlier today with some plain water to bring the EC down some, the water level was pretty low so it only took 10L to bring it down to around 500ppm. After checking a couple of hours later the EC had crept up a touch and the PH dropped down to 5.3. I added some more water to bring the EC down to 460ppm and naturally bump the PH up to 6.0. I’m hoping they settle between 480-500ppm.

Day 35 Flower​

Hey all! The readings this morning:

PPM : 480
PH : 5.0

The PH hit the floor, as i hoped it wouldn't. But the EC rose, which is a welcome hint that the plants are leeching nutrients back into the res due to a period of excessive feeding. This is my bad for taking my eye off the ball the last couple of days, and bumping up the nutrient strength a little too high. A day or so and they should stabilise. In the mean time I will need to keep on top of PH and top up with water until they've found a happy place. I try to give water with PH adjustment fluid so that it doesn't have too much of an effect on the EC.

Here they are:

Audrey :love: really bulking now

Have a great week all :peace:

Coco clone to DWC Net pot​

My next run I'll still be using Coco clones, but I'll be using the majority Hydroton in my net pots. This is the process I go through when going from Coco clone to DWC net pot with Hydroton.

I like my clones nice and rooted/almost root bound when i transplant them. This one is pretty root bound, so what i tend to do in this case, is gently pick apart the roots in the corners and where they are on top of each other, then, sprinkle Great White on the roots and place on an inch high bed of Hydroton.

Note : staining from the bennies and coco might make roots appear brown - they're perfectly healthy though

And fill in the pot with Hydroton. Then I pace them in my starter DWC system.

This is just a box with 4 holes for my net pots and 2 air stones. It's great for when the ladies are small and for getting the roots into the water ready to go into a larger system.

I use this system when i use a majority Hydroton where i need to hand feed regularly or setup a dripper. It makes it easier to keep an eye on the roots and make sure they make it into the water below. When using Coco this isn't necessary as I water the Coco once a day and within a few of days the roots, as some of you remember, will look like this

I'm not expecting this with Hydroton. I'm expecting the roots to find their way down directly through the Hydroton and build in the res, instead of in the coco. So these girls will do most their vegging in DWC, instead of Coco.

I decided to super crop the 4 Blue Kush clones in the DWC Starter system. I trimmed the lower growth leaving only the stuff I want the plants to put their energy into

I love super cropping. It does a great job of enlarging the plant stem. If i grow a large plant it may get 4 or 5. It's an effective technique for directing the plants energy into certain parts of the plant. But being HST the plant will take a little time to repair the damage. But when it does, it will be bigger and stronger than it was before - watch the main stem enlarge each time.

:morenutes:

Coco clone to DWC Net pot​

My next run I'll still be using Coco clones, but I'll be using the majority Hydroton in my net pots. This is the process I go through when going from Coco clone to DWC net pot with Hydroton.

I like my clones nice and rooted/almost root bound when i transplant them. This one is pretty root bound, so what i tend to do in this case, is gently pick apart the roots in the corners and where they are on top of each other, then, sprinkle Great White on the roots and place on an inch high bed of Hydroton.

Note : staining from the bennies and coco might make roots appear brown - they're perfectly healthy though

And fill in the pot with Hydroton. Then I pace them in my starter DWC system.

This is just a box with 4 holes for my net pots and 2 air stones. It's great for when the ladies are small and for getting the roots into the water ready to go into a larger system.

I use this system when i use a majority Hydroton where i need to hand feed regularly or setup a dripper. It makes it easier to keep an eye on the roots and make sure they make it into the water below. When using Coco this isn't necessary as I water the Coco once a day and within a few of days the roots, as some of you remember, will look like this

I'm not expecting this with Hydroton. I'm expecting the roots to find their way down directly through the Hydroton and build in the res, instead of in the coco. So these girls will do most their vegging in DWC, instead of Coco.
Wow amazing amazing.

Day 36 Flower​

Hey guys. Before light out last night the PH was down to 5.7 and the PPM still at 480. I bumped the PH up to 6.0.

This morning the readings:

PH : 5.4

Not the end of the world. It seems the PH nose diving might be slowing. I bumped it up to 6.0. PPM remained the same.

Here they are. The yellowing of the lady front left is still going on, but Im not going to be adding anything to the res especially for her as the other 3 are thriving, so i don't want to disturb them.

Here they are at Day 36:

And another flower from the canopy, belonging to the back-right lady I believe

I'm going to drive the EC down to 0.9/450ppm

Day 36 Flower​

Hey guys. Before light out last night the PH was down to 5.7 and the PPM still at 480. I bumped the PH up to 6.0.

This morning the readings:

PH : 5.4

Not the end of the world. It seems the PH nose diving might be slowing. I bumped it up to 6.0. PPM remained the same.

Here they are. The yellowing of the lady front left is still going on, but Im not going to be adding anything to the res especially for her as the other 3 are thriving, so i don't want to disturb them.

Here they are at Day 36:

And another flower from the canopy, belonging to the back-right lady I believe

I'm going to drive the EC down to 0.9/450ppm
Looks great, they changing color fast. :thumb: Time to start bulking up.

You have been a busy individual. Nice.

Your grow is going to change some opinion about using rain water, and who know what else.

Keep up the excellent work.
Thanks Tok! I hope that when this journal is finished, it will serve as a good (R)DWC/LED resource, as i'm sure your current journal will be :high-five:

Wow amazing amazing.
I'm going to be using the Eazy Cubes next time @Bill284, instead of these small coco pots. The next clones I'll be taking will be from my Wedding Cake, and they're going straight into Eazy Plugs and then into Eazy Cubes :high-five:
Looks great, they changing color fast. :thumb: Time to start bulking up.
They really are changing fast. A week or so and i'll be changing up to my final "late bloom" nutrient recipe. If the last run was anything to go by, I expect these ladies will be ready to take down ~Day 65, so around 4 weeks left.

I'm going to be using the Eazy Cubes next time @Bill284, instead of these small coco pots. The next clones I'll be taking will be from my Wedding Cake, and they're going straight into Eazy Plugs and then into Eazy Cubes :high-five:

They really are changing fast. A week or so and i'll be changing up to my final "late bloom" nutrient recipe. If the last run was anything to go by, I expect these ladies will be ready to take down ~Day 65, so around 4 weeks left.
Lots of time left for them to hulk up.
Roots sticking out of the net pot are crazy.
Hope the cubes work that well for you. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom