Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 38 Flower​

Hey guys. Mega late with my daily update today, another crazy day at work.
This morning the readings:

PPM : 450
PH : 5.8

Solid as a rock. And after almost an entire day, the only movement is a rise to 5.9 PH.

Audrey :love:

:peace:

Day 39 Flower​

Good day all :ganjamon:

Today is Friday, and man am i happy about that. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Last weekend which was pretty much dominated by trimming, and this week being flat out at work I could use a few days off. The weekend is going to be spent putting the dried bud into jars for curing, which is a pleasurable task. I'm going to carry up the rain water I need for the next few days as soon as I finish work, then, I'm good to chill and look for my RO system for my kitchen. Although I have a make shift portable RO now, I'm going to continue to use rain water for the rest of this grow, just to keep things consistent.

Anyway, the readings this morning:

PPM : 450
PH : 5.9

Not budged since lights out.
I have to give it to these ladies :bravo: They have been pleasant the last few days. It's as if they knew I was going to be slammed at work and cut me some slack :laughtwo: The reality is, I paid for my own mistake (over feeding them), the price being, having to do the PH Down Dance for a few days....my least favourite dance.

I didn't top up in the end yesterday. I'll do it after work, there will be a nice air gap between the net pots and the water by then. They'll be ready for it. The system is pretty much running on minimum at the moment.

I always try to keep a reasonable air gap between the net pot and the water. For a 20L(5gallon) bucket, I'll usually go between 2" and 6". That air gap will be moist air that the roots will still be able to absorb, and it will provide a nice layer of oxygen for them. In my experience, good fluctuations in water level have a positive effect on root mass.

Have an excellent Friday everyone

Enjoy

That’s some nice looking bud you got going there genie! I can see from earlier posts you used LST but Did you top or fim any of them during the veg stage?
Hey @Stoneisland :passitleft:

They're coming along nicely, stacking every day.

I did LST these. As you probably saw I just supported the base of the stem and pulled them right over. One of the main purposes of LST/HST is to break vertical apical dominance with horizontal training. ScrOG is also a form of LST.

I only really top seedlings to be honest. Once, maybe twice, and I HST/LST from there. I might top in the screen sometimes if I know they aren't going to have space. I rarely top young clones, I don't see the point. LST is way less stressful for them, and I can increase their horizontal footprint without topping. You can with seedlings too of course, but I like to make the most of the parallel growth when young and in early veg.

Plants grown from seed grow nodes in parallel up to a certain point in veg, this is a good opportunity to do my topping and really shape the plant. Clones will already be growing alternating nodes, so I prefer to super crop or tie them down.

Day 39 Flower continued...​

I topped up the system with the following after work today:

Week 6 Recipe
- Starting Water : Rain water 0ec/30ppm
base
- Silica @ recommended
- CalMag -> 0.4ec
- Magnesium Sulphate -> 0.5ec
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 0.8ec
boost
- Buddhas Tree PK918 -> 1.0ec
- Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> 1.0ec
Diluted down to 0.9ec
PH adjusted to 5.8
bennies

- Hydroguard

The system after circulating reads:

PPM : 460

Close enough. After a couple of hours, the PH wet up to 6.1 (as expected) so i knocked it down to 5.8 again.

System is nice and full, so provided they remain stable, I shouldn't need to do anything for a few days.

Day 40 Flower​

Happy Saturday everyone. The readings first thing this morning:

PPM : 470
PH : 5.0

Wasn't expecting that. Big drop in PH. I added 5L of plain water to the system, adjusting it to:

PPM : 440
PH : 6.0

After a couple of hours, the PH dropped to 5.7 so i knocked it back up to 6.0. Hopefully I can get these ladies stable today. Here they are though I' putting Audrey first because the front left lady ruins the canopy picture

I'm debating squeezing in flowering this lady in Coco. This is the one i defoliated last week:

I've put her under a temporary screen, just to spread her out. She will eventually go under a screen with smaller holes if i go a head and flower her. She'll also sit on top of a stainless steel grill for drainage. And i'll be transplanting her to a larger fabric pot.

The reason I'm debating it is, because I currently have the 4 Clones in the starter DWC, this will eventually become 2 (i'll pick the best 2 root systems) for flowering, And it might be a squeeze keeping the in the starter system in the little veg area for that long.

We'll see. One thing is for sure, i either squeeze her in, or she's going to have to go. I might just can the idea of flowering this one in Coco and move the clones into the system next week in this space instead. Their roots are already out of the hydroton and into the water, but they need a few more weeks of veg at least If i'm going to go with 2 (maybe 3). I'll take some picks and post them shortly

I was glancing over the canopy earlier and I spotted what looks like K deficiency on some larger fan leaves on one of the Blue Kush ladies (back right).

I also spotted some Ca deficiency on the same plant around the same area.

As i'm seeing both K and Ca deficiency, I'm wondering If it's actually locked up, or if it was from the period of drought and i missed it. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

If it spreads, I'll empty the system, flush with some plain PHd plain water + flashkleen for an hour or two, and then fill with a light feed of base only (CalMag is part of my base).

Any thoughts, please don't hesitate to share :Namaste: What do you think @Tokin Roll?

I just popped my head in and noticed I've made a potentially fatal mistake. Last night i was testing the far-red light, and switched it on, bypassing the timer..and forgot to turn it off - so that light has been on all night. I don't know what effect this will have because it's not Red, but Far-Red light, so i might get away with it. But to be safe, I'm going to leave the plants in complete darkness tomorrow to induce the overproduction of Florigen to try to mitigate this mistake and avoid them potentially revegging. :(

All we can do it hope. As a result, I won't be posting a photos of the ladies tomorrow. That will be the first time, so for Day 41, we will have no update photos, just readings updates. Damn it. Stupid mistake on my part - I really hope I get away with it.

Fingers crossed.

To clarify, this has nothing to do with the Mars Hydro lights. I supplement with far-red light, which is a different fixture entirely. And it was my own mistake. Hopefully it won't have a negative effect anyway. We'll see.

As i'm seeing both K and Ca deficiency, I'm wondering If it's actually locked up, or if it was from the period of drought and i missed it. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

If it spreads, I'll empty the system, flush with some plain PHd plain water + flashkleen for an hour or two, and then fill with a light feed of base only (CalMag is part of my base).
Any thoughts, please don't hesitate to share :Namaste: What do you think @Tokin Roll?

@GoogleGenie I think if you bump up your ppm's over 500 you well be fine,

Magnesium Sulphate
Out of curiosity are you using Epsom Salt?

Tok..

I just popped my head in and noticed I've made a potentially fatal mistake. Last night i was testing the far-red light, and switched it on, bypassing the timer..and forgot to turn it off - so that light has been on all night. I don't know what effect this will have because it's not Red, but Far-Red light, so i might get away with it. But to be safe, I'm going to leave the plants in complete darkness tomorrow to induce the overproduction of Florigen to try to mitigate this mistake and avoid them potentially revegging. :(

All we can do it hope. As a result, I won't be posting a photos of the ladies tomorrow. That will be the first time, so for Day 41, we will have no update photos, just readings updates. Damn it. Stupid mistake on my part - I really hope I get away with it.

Fingers crossed.

To clarify, this has nothing to do with the Mars Hydro lights. I supplement with far-red light, which is a different fixture entirely. And it was my own mistake. Hopefully it won't have a negative effect anyway. We'll see.
I dont think the one night will have any ill effect when it happened to me it was a week before it started to reveg.

@GoogleGenie I think if you bump up your ppm's over 500 you well be fine,
Thanks Tok. I’ll try that. They don’t seem to like it that strong, giving me a drop on PH when I exceed 500, but maybe if I just bump it up and continue to adjust they will adapt.
Out of curiosity are you using Epsom Salt?
I’m not. I’m using Sweet by Botanicare, but was going to switch to Epsom salts when it’s finished. Any tips for when I do? Anything I should be aware of?

Day 41 Flower​

Morning guys. With the lights off all day today, I will only give reading updates. The readings first thing:

PPM : 460

I had to bump the PH up from 5.6 before light out, but I’m pleased to see they’ve settled. Tomorrow I might bump the nutrient strength up a bit to address the deficiency I spotted yesterday, depending on whether it’s spread or not. The only time I will open the tent today will be to plug the lights back in so they come on in the morning.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend :peace:

Sweet bud fattening GG! Nice going!
Hey @StoneOtter, thanks for stopping by :high-five: I hope the weekend has treated you well.
They're doing well, let's hope my mistake hasn't done any real damage.

Rain, snow, whatever. I’m pretty sure I had hail stones in my last top up. When it melts

Fingers crossed.

To clarify, this has nothing to do with the Mars Hydro lights. I supplement with far-red light, which is a different fixture entirely. And it was my own mistake. Hopefully it won't have a negative

Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom