Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 58 Flower​

Good morning guys. Yesterday I added ~2ml/l of TA FlashKleen to the system in preparation for the res change this evening and in an attempt to address any lockout that might be occurring.

The readings before lights out:

PPM : 510
PH : 6.0

The readings this morning:

PPM : 520
PH : 6.3

Quite a big jump in PH and a minor rise in PPM. The PH might be the FlashKleen working, as that's quite a jump from last night.

Audrey :love:

:peace:

Looking good genie! How are you getting on with the budda trees bloom nutes? I’ve always used canna boost and/or pk13/14 along side cannas a+b. Ive always been tempted to try the 9/18 pk shogun/budda tree.
If I remember right u veg”d these beauties for 3 weeks? Do you think you could of vegged a little longer and fill the net up even more.. My first ever scrog screen is in and trying to figure out when to switch 12/12

Hey @Stoneisland, thanks for stopping by.

How are you getting on with the budda trees bloom nutes? I’ve always used canna boost and/or pk13/14 along side cannas a+b. Ive always been tempted to try the 9/18 pk shogun/budda tree.
I really like Buddhas Tree stuff. I use their early and mid bloom boost. Flower burst for few days before flip and early Bloom, and then PK918+Metaboost until few weeks before harvest. Their nutrients are a high concentration too so a little goes a long way.

I use Atami Bloombastic or Plagron Green Sensation as my late bloom boost, though BT Pk918+Metaboost can be used in it's place.

If I remember right u veg”d these beauties for 3 weeks? Do you think you could of vegged a little longer and fill the net up even more.. My first ever scrog screen is in and trying to figure out when to switch 12/12
That's right, i vegged these for 18-21 days which in hindsight wasn't long enough for a couple of them.

I was really trying to avoid a scenario like this...
Which is what happened when i vegged for too long. That was a real pain to defoliate, especially under a screen.

I should have vegged them for closer to 28 days and waited a week before putting the screen on to let them stretch up a bit. This strain stretches big time, it more than doubled in size first 10 days, you can see a comparison here.

If you have the screen on already, maybe aim for 50-60% full before you flip. This was some advice a member here gave me a long time ago.

Hey GG...have you noticed foxtailing leads to a longer than expected flower period? I've got blueberry cookies in my tent right now...and the buds keep adding more calyxes and the trichomes are crawling compared to the same strain grown outdoors.

Hey GG...have you noticed foxtailing leads to a longer than expected flower period? I've got blueberry cookies in my tent right now...and the buds keep adding more calyxes and the trichomes are crawling compared to the same strain grown outdoors.
Hey @copperrein. I have found that it can prolong flowering sometimes, depending on when they sprout. I tend to favour the trichomes on the more mature buds to determine when to chop if it does happen.

Day 58 Flower continued...​

This evening I drained the system, and filled it with rain water at 6.0 PH. I left this going for a couple of hours, in which time the EC increased as did the PH.

I then drained the system completely and refilled it with:

Post-lockout recipe
Starting water : Rain water 0ec(30ppm)
base
- Buddhas Tree Solar Green Power (Silica) @ recommended 0.25ml/l
- TA CalMag (Calimagic) -> 0.4ec/200ppm
- Botanicare Sweet (Mg+S) -> 0.5ec/250ppm
- Canna Aqua Flores - 0.9ec/450ppm
PH Adjusted to 6.0
bennies
- Hydroguard

The system after 10mins of circulating:

PPM : 470

Day 59 Flower​

The readings this morning shocked me a little, i had to double take:

PPM : 370
PH : 5.8

I can only imagine they were hungry with a 100ppm drop overnight. The 0.2 drop in PH doesn't really concern me, and the drop in PPM can only be a good thing. The water level dropped a lot too. I added another 15L of the same recipe this morning. The system now reads:

PPM : 500

I bumped the PPM up slightly to 500ppm due to the drastic drop overnight. I will keep an eye on this, but will be looking to come down in the next couple of days.

Day 59 Flower​

The readings this morning shocked me a little, i had to double take:

PPM : 370
PH : 5.8

I can only imagine they were hungry with a 100ppm drop overnight. The 0.2 drop in PH doesn't really concern me, and the drop in PPM can only be a good thing. The water level dropped a lot too. I added another 15L of the same recipe this morning. The system now reads:

PPM : 500

I bumped the PPM up slightly to 500ppm due to the drastic drop overnight. I will keep an eye on this, but will be looking to come down in the next couple of days.

Beautiful G.G. can't wait for the 15th. :thumb:

Beautiful G.G. can't wait for the 15th. :thumb:
Hey @Bill284 :passitleft:

Thanks very much my friend. I'm looking forward to it too.

I think i may have to harvest 2 of the ladies (the 2 at the back) and leave the others going some more, I'm not sure. I'll check the trichomes later to find out for sure

Hey @Bill284 :passitleft:

Thanks very much my friend. I'm looking forward to it too.

I think i may have to harvest 2 of the ladies (the 2 at the back) and leave the others going some more, I'm not sure. I'll check the trichomes later to find out for sure

Get out the scope, Id like to see how much time they have left. Got to be close now.
Whats going in next? Have you got a few started already.

Get out the scope, Id like to see how much time they have left. Got to be close now.
Whats going in next? Have you got a few started already.
Sure thing. I'll take some snaps later and post them, see what you guys think.

I've got another 4 Blue Kush to chose from to go into the next run. As well as the big Blue Kush coco lady. These will be the last Blue Kush i do. Then it's onto the Wedding Cake that is ready to be cloned :yummy:

Sure thing. I'll take some snaps later and post them, see what you guys think.

I've got another 4 Blue Kush to chose from to go into the next run. As well as the big Blue Kush coco lady. These will be the last Blue Kush i do. Then it's onto the Wedding Cake that is ready to be cloned :yummy:
I've never tried blue kush, is it good?

I've never tried blue kush, is it good?
I like it a lot. It’s quite a nice balanced smoke - 45/55 Indica/SatiVa. Great for day time. It doesn’t send my mind racing like stronger sativas tend to do to me. The high doesn’t last too long. 1/3 of a joint will wear off after ~90mins.

I’m told that it’s got a really nice scent, smelling more of the OG Kush than the Blueberry apparently.

All in all I’m happy with it. I’m out of seeds though so I’m trying to stock up with these last couple of runs of it.

I did start looking into how I could get seeds from one of the fem clones but didn’t get very far with it.

I like it a lot. It’s quite a nice balanced smoke - 45/55 Indica/SatiVa. Great for day time. It doesn’t send my mind racing like stronger sativas tend to do to me. The high doesn’t last too long. 1/3 of a joint will wear off after ~90mins.

I’m told that it’s got a really nice scent, smelling more of the OG Kush than the Blueberry apparently.

All in all I’m happy with it. I’m out of seeds though so I’m trying to stock up with these last couple of runs of it.

I did start looking into how I could get seeds from one of the fem clones but didn’t get very far with it.
I have Blueberry thats nice, too sounds similar. Nice :thumb:

Day 59 Flower continued...​

The readings before lights out, once again I had to double take:

PPM : 410
PH : 5.9

Another pretty crazy drop in the PPM reading. Minor drop in PH. But no complaints from me. I just bumped the PH up to 6.1 in case it drops again over night. It has only been drifting a point or two so I don’t want to set it to far outside of the ideal 6.0-6.1.

The water level dropped substantially too so they’ll be getting another top up tomorrow. They’re really burning through it at the moment, which is great.

I didn’t get a chance today, so I’ll take some snaps of the trichomes tomorrow.

GG, I've been following your grow. Your journal is great! Simple and clear.

I'm about to start another RDWC after a 4 year layoff and I have a question. I noticed that, in the beginning, you had a target PH of 5.8, and now you're targeting 6.0 or 6.1. Could you tell me when and why you made the switch?

Back
Top Bottom