Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

I think its all in pheno type my friend. I've had 2 seeds from same package do exactly as you described. You would've thought they were completely different strains.
Don't think your doing anything wrong, as long as you let them mature properly before harvest your on track. Just try different seeds and you'll find one like that eventually. Of course ours will never look as good as G.G.'s but we can try.
You're too kind Bill. Flattery will get you everywhere my friend :laugh: Saying that, this is untrue, there is no reason why you guys can't out bud me :thumb:

These Blue Kush buds are big but they aren't the densest. They're firm, but not hard. It is hard to compare soil to hydro though. And when i say Hydro I mean Coco too.

Day 62 Flower continued...​

The system is still stable at 0.9ec/450ppm and 6.1ph. Tomorrow I'll top up with plain water to bring the EC down to 0.8 (400ppm).

Some shots of the other buds from earlier today

:peace:

Day 63 Flower​

Today was the day I was expecting to take these girls down. I've going to wait a little longer so I can take them all down and use the tent as a drying space. I expect to start harvesting Friday.

The readings this morning:

PPM : 420
PH : 6.2

I'll leave it there until I top up with plain water later.

Audrey :love:

Audrey showing some K deficiency. Pretty normal at this stage, especially as I've omitted my boost since the lockout. Given these will be hanging around a few more days I will give a light dose of this later, still aiming to keep my PPM low.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to thanks those who nominated this journal for GJOTM. I'm touched and very grateful that you feel it is deserving of a nomination. Thank you all :thanks:
Congratulations GG.;)

First, congratulation on your nomination for GJotM.

The ladies are looking very happy and read to make you happy.

When it comes down to drying and curing, don't limit yourself to inside the box.

If you walk down a hallway that has many doors, but you always just use the same door.
Do you ever wonder what is behind the other doors?

Give this a look and tell me what you think.

The Good Stuff

Tok..

First, congratulation on your nomination for GJotM.
Thank you my friend :passitleft:
The ladies are looking very happy and read to make you happy.

When it comes down to drying and curing, don't limit yourself to inside the box.

If you walk down a hallway that has many doors, but you always just use the same door.
Do you ever wonder what is behind the other doors?

The Good Stuff
Outside of the box is one of my favourite places to be :bongrip: I will read through it now :high-five:

My apologies @copperrein i totally overlooked this post.
What is the natural growth progression for a cannabis cola? Like...curtain calls for different parts. Externally after switch the first stigmas appear (heh hopefully) at the nodes...but how does the entire calyx form? When do the glandular hairs form? Trichomes? That sort of stuff.
I'll see if i can gather some resources for you :thumb: I have a few books, one by Ed Rosenthal that explains all this stuff pretty well with some good visual aids. I'm sure i can find some decent articles online for you

My apologies @copperrein i totally overlooked this post.

I'll see if i can gather some resources for you :thumb: I have a few books, one by Ed Rosenthal that explains all this stuff pretty well with some good visual aids. I'm sure i can find some decent articles online for you
I keep forgetting to put the Rosenthal book in my cart. Thank you for knowing things and sharing things <3

Day 64 Flower​

Hey guys! A pretty uneventful day today. Readings this morning:

PPM : 440

Rise in EH and PH. I added water to drive the EC/PPM down to 0.7ec/350ppm.

I'm seeing a progression of the K deficiency so i'll be adding a dose of my boost. I intended on doing this yesterday but wanted to make sure it was still an issue.

The Good Stuff

Tok..
Thanks for sharing this Tok. I looked through it. It was eye opening!

I do like how the buds go straight in the jars and the drying/curing process happens in the crisper in the fridge. As well as produce an excellent final product (by the sounds of it), this would solve a few headaches for me, one of them being needing a tent to be empty, so I can dry and regulate temp/rh.

Unfortunately I won't be able to adopt this method, at least not this time around. I only have 1 fridge in the house and as my grow is a secret this might give the game away :laugh: If only I had space in my grow room for another fridge, or anywhere else in my house for that matter!

I may see if i can get something a little smaller so I can do a jar or two this way. I'm intrigued.

Thank you for sharing this method with me @Tokin Roll :high-five:

Is this the method that you use?

Your post with photos you say EH...whuzzat?

Also if you have Craigslist (or whatever version is in your area) check it every while for stuff like that. We scored a serious coffin freezer for $75 this summer there. I could easily fit four adults, fully articulated, in it.

Your post with photos you say EH...whuzzat?
Eeehhhhiii - Fonzie style :laugh:
Also if you have Craigslist (or whatever version is in your area) check it every while for stuff like that. We scored a serious coffin freezer for $75 this summer there. I could easily fit four adults, fully articulated, in it.
I just had a quick check on the equivalent over here and wow, you're right. People are giving them away!! I just need to find some space and I might have to snap one up. :high-five:

Day 65 Flower​

Hey guys. This morning the readings:

PPM : 480

The EC/PPM has been rising since yesterday but the PH also rose a touch from last night. I added some of my boost, diluted in some water, and let it circulate. It bought the PPM up to 530. After a few hours, it was back down to 480ppm. They clearly enjoyed the potassium boost. I added some rain water to bring it down to 450ppm. Tomorrow I will add more water and bring it down further.

I know I keep bouncing between "Im gonna drive the EC down" and "I'm gonna let them sit where it is" - they just keep sending me in different directions. Only a few days left anyway, so they will only be getting super light feeds now. I'll make up a batch and dilute it down to 0.6ec to bring the overall EC down. I think the potassium deficiency is because i didn't resume the potassium boost following the lockout and only fed my base since.

Notice the potassium deficiency on the lower fan leaf. I'm not too concerned as it's almost the end, I'm a bit upset that the assault was on Audrey's waving leaf though.

They'll be coming down in a few days anyway. I'll miss these girls!

Looking back at Audrey :love:

You can actually see where she is getting heavier and is dropping lower with each photo

Day 10

Day 20

Day 30

Day 40

Day 50

Day 60

Day 65 (Today)

Day 65 Flower​

Hey guys. This morning the readings:

PPM : 480

The EC/PPM has been rising since yesterday but the PH also rose a touch from last night. I added some of my boost, diluted in some water, and let it circulate. It bought the PPM up to 530. After a few hours, it was back down to 480ppm. They clearly enjoyed the potassium boost. I added some rain water to bring it down to 450ppm. Tomorrow I will add more water and bring it down further.

I know I keep bouncing between "Im gonna drive the EC down" and "I'm gonna let them sit where it is" - they just keep sending me in different directions. Only a few days left anyway, so they will only be getting super light feeds now. I'll make up a batch and dilute it down to 0.6ec to bring the overall EC down. I think the potassium deficiency is because i didn't resume the potassium boost following the lockout and only fed my base since.

Notice the potassium deficiency on the lower fan leaf. I'm not too concerned as it's almost the end, I'm a bit upset that the assault was on Audrey's waving leaf though.

They'll be coming down in a few days anyway. I'll miss these girls!

I think we will all miss them. Excellent journal my friend.

Day 66 Flower​

Hey guys :ganjamon:

The readings this morning:

PPM : 450

Stable EC/PPM, and minor rise in PH. I topped up with PH adjusted rain water to bring the system/res down to:

PPM : 370
PH : 6.0

Still waving with her battle scarred fan leaf. Ironically, this is probably the most badly damaged fan leaf in the canopy. That we can see anyway.

Back
Top Bottom