Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Impressive harvest, you neared 2lb and thats a win any day my friend. Happy to see that.

I thought I’d share this snap of one of the lower Deep Cheese buds in my other flowering area. The trichomes on this plant are looking good! Day 50
Hello my friend! @GoogleGenie
Just stopping by to say hello. The Deep Cheese looks delicious. Very frosty, And crystally. Amazing job! Definitely going to grow some cheese strains In the coming grows. One strain I want to make/make a cross of Is “Fruity Pebbles x Blueberry Yum Yum”. Sounds like an amazing cross to me. Plus I can pollinate the females with males, and make plenty of seeds for the next grows.
As for your grow, I’m In for sure! Let’s get to growing! :)

Hey all.

Apologies, it's been a while. I'll post some photos of the buds shortly, and a smoke report :ganjamon:

Impressive harvest, you neared 2lb and thats a win any day my friend. Happy to see that.
Thanks you @dick23rk - I am very happy with it. I do always try to beat my personal best, I came close this time :)
Congratulations on your harvest.
Thank you very much @Mars Hydro - you're lights did a fantastic job as usual :love:
Congrats GG that's one impressive haul of quality :bravo:

Nice job documenting the dry / cure part!
Thank you my friend @Rexer :Namaste: I'll post some pictures of the cured buds shortly
Hello my friend! @GoogleGenie
Just stopping by to say hello. The Deep Cheese looks delicious. Very frosty, And crystally. Amazing job! Definitely going to grow some cheese strains In the coming grows. One strain I want to make/make a cross of Is “Fruity Pebbles x Blueberry Yum Yum”. Sounds like an amazing cross to me. Plus I can pollinate the females with males, and make plenty of seeds for the next grows.
As for your grow, I’m In for sure! Let’s get to growing! :)
Hey @ChronicTrees , Thanks and thank you for stopping by my friend
following. I'm running a similar rdwc system (though mine is top feed). I've been using hydroton. Doesn't the runoff from the coco make your tank nasty? Are you using buffered or unbuffered coco?
Welcome @BassBuds. I never really see coco in the res. Once the roots are well established in the water, I don't top feed the coco any more. The roots are pretty packed in the coco by the time they are moved to the net pots, so they hold it all together nicely.

I personally always use buffered coco. But just because you buy buffered coco, it doesn't mean this will always be buffered. You need to make sure it stays buffered, never flush with plain water.

:peace:

Hey all.

Apologies, it's been a while. I'll post some photos of the buds shortly, and a smoke report :ganjamon:

Thanks you @dick23rk - I am very happy with it. I do always try to beat my personal best, I came close this time :)

Thank you very much @Mars Hydro - you're lights did a fantastic job as usual :love:

Thank you my friend @Rexer :Namaste: I'll post some pictures of the cured buds shortly

Hey @ChronicTrees , Thanks and thank you for stopping by my friend

Welcome @BassBuds. I never really see coco in the res. Once the roots are well established in the water, I don't top feed the coco any more. The roots are pretty packed in the coco by the time they are moved to the net pots, so they hold it all together nicely.

I personally always use buffered coco. But just because you buy buffered coco, it doesn't mean this will always be buffered. You need to make sure it stays buffered, never flush with plain water.

Hey GG hope you are safe and well.
How did it smoke or is it too early to tell yet?
Whats next on the agenda?
Bill

Hey GG hope you are safe and well.
Hey Bill. All good here thank you brother, hope you're safe and well too. I've had some things going on in my personal life that have been requiring most of my attention lately which is why I haven't been around much. But I'm still here my friend :)
How did it smoke or is it too early to tell yet?
The Blue Kush smokes well. It's nice and smooth. And it has developed a taste to go with it's lovely sweet aroma. The high is quite strong. I smoke joints neat, so it only take a few drags and i'm pretty cooked for an hour or so :ganjamon: The buds have really firmed up during the curing process.

Whats next on the agenda?
I have 4 more Blue Kush that are Day 2 into Flower in RDWC and I have a single Wedding Cake in Coco, also on Day 2 of Flower. I'm going to start a new journal to cover these soon. And today I moved 2 rooted clones, 1 Blue Kush and 1 Wedding Cake, in Eazy Blocks - you crossed my mind while i was transplanting them :high-five:

:ciao: Hi GoogleGenie! Congrats on your harvest - those foxtails were crazy foxy. :eek:
@BooWho2 - Welcome! Thank you my friend :Namaste:
I really enjoyed reading this journa. :bravo:
And thank you for taking the time to go through it. It put a big smile on my face and I had a little chuckle when I had 250 notifications where you'd gone through the journal :rofl: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Curing Day #25​

Hello my friends :Rasta: I inspected the buds today and took some photos of some of them.

These were from a week ago

There are from today

They are deceptively dense buds. I'm very happy with how they are turning out. The smoke is really nice and smooth. It tastes and smells really nice and sweet. The smell of OG Kush over powers any smell from the Blue Berry genetics. The taste really came along this last week or so, and I'm sure it will just continue to get more intense as curing continues.

The buds grind up really nicely too. No dust. And not overly sticky. So i think I did a good job of drying in the end thankfully.

The high lasts around 90mins. It is quite a strong high when it peaks. I struggle to do more than one thing at a time, and usually the one thing I am capable of doing is just siting there, unless I'm out somewhere while I'm smoking it, like on a walk, or a bike ride. So I'd definitely recommend being active when indulging in this strain, to really get the most out of it.

When I'm chilling and over do it on the sativas, things go into what my partner calls "The Queue" - where i have every intention of processing what she said, but there are other thoughts a head of hers in the queue that I need to deal with first :laugh: At the peak of the Blue Kush high - "The Queue" is activated.

I'll inspect some of the other jars later in the week and share a few more bud snaps.

Lovely looking home grown buds. Another bit of curing and they'll be perfecto for ya.

I love the description/review of the blue kush and "the queue" haha

Hey nice journal GoogleGenie, love all the pics! Glad you got a good harvest off your girls, I always find it a bit of a come down after doing the chop as they really occupy you during a grow. Hope they smoke well! :ganjamon:

Lovely looking home grown buds. Another bit of curing and they'll be perfecto for ya.

I love the description/review of the blue kush and "the queue" haha
Thanks @dick23rk - the "queue" is real :laughtwo:
Hey nice journal GoogleGenie, love all the pics! Glad you got a good harvest off your girls, I always find it a bit of a come down after doing the chop as they really occupy you during a grow. Hope they smoke well! :ganjamon:
Thanks @Stung. I managed a little come down but have been pretty flat out last month or so, i'm finally on the winde down though :high-five:

They smoke really nice. Especially after a nice curing period. Nice blueberry on the way in, and earthy kush on the exhale. Really smooth clean smoke. Not too hard hitting - but like most high THC strains, too much of it just serves to activate the queue, and slow down the processors :rofl: Half a joint seems to be the sweet spot for a nice 90minish high

Grow room Update​

Hey guys :Rasta:

Firstly, I wanted to thank each and everyone of you for following along with this journal. It's time I closed this off, but not before I give you a quick update on what I'm up to.

I've been in talks with one of the sponsors here, and I will be starting a new journal soon.

I need to take a moment to acknowledge my partner too, she has done an absolutely stellar job of keeping my grow room ticking while I've been away and unable to this last month. Not only has she kept everything alive, but everything is absolutely thriving.

I currently have a single large Wedding Cake in Coco in one of my flowering areas, and 4 Blue Kush in RDWC in the other. Pictures to follow....

Blue Kush (RDWC) Day 15 Flower​

This is the Blue Kush, they are at Day 15 of flower. They had a difficult life in veg. They were really crammed in the small veg area and only one of them was allowed to grow to full potential. The others though I have made us out of to fill the fringes of the canopy. I'd say 70% of the canopy is one single plant. The rest is the other 3 plants. They are due another defoliation in about a week to get rid of the larf at the bottom that won't get any light.

They are doing really well. The readings are:

PPM : 500
PH : 5.8

Pretty steady. Natural swing but nothing to be really concerned about. They're flowering really nicely too.

Back
Top Bottom