Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

Huston we have lift off. I am so exited this grow. @DRey check it out.

E07209B0-E50D-4152-A06A-530DEE7CF34D.JPG

19233CB0-FB1E-4E27-8FAD-76F6EFCD4E9E.JPG

28F8338D-0F96-4B74-A451-36AA678F6C0F.JPG
Rock star! I did take your suggestion and used peat pods for my last seed. It popped but look just the same for 5 days now...just like your beauties. I hope it survives! More on the way but these dang seeds can take a month or more to get to me! I am curious, I put my peat pod in a small container with some soil, you just use the pods and put it into a 5-10 gal pot?

Rock star! I did take your suggestion and used peat pods for my last seed. It popped but look just the same for 5 days now...just like your beauties. I hope it survives! More on the way but these dang seeds can take a month or more to get to me! I am curious, I put my peat pod in a small container with some soil, you just use the pods and put it into a 5-10 gal pot?
yes!!! Do not over water... there in peat so that will hold water... only water with couple ounces... gradually watering more and watering as it grows. I like to think I want root to go down so water let water sink then a little more so roots will chase water. again Don't over water.

how about posting some of your trimmed buds

cheers
I will put up some pictures of some trimmed up buds... headed down now to clean up and get grow room ready for next grow. I'll take some snap shots....
:passitleft:

Thats what the experiment is about. A rule of thumb is you only need a gallon of medium for every month she is growning. I'm growing autos so they shouldn't be growing no more than 3 months; Therefore only needing a 3 gallon pot. There is debate if you look. Should I grow Autos in 3 gallon or 5 gallon. I have witnessed some spectacular auto grows in 5 gallon pots, but I can't help being curious is 3 gallon enoug? It Would be very tough to use all the soil in 7 gallon in less than three months. People already argue that 5 gallon auto grows is a waste fo soil. I also wanted to experiment with a different medium and see if that had different results with size of pots.
Hey @Plant Daddy - I apply the same principle. I rarely go over a 4gal(16L) pot when using Coco for fem seeds unless it's a mother. 3gal sounds spot on for an auto.

I too love experimenting with different mediums. It's how I ended up growing with Coco in DWC - some people call me crazy....maybe they're right :rofl:

Best of luck though my friend :Namaste: looking good. I look forward to the learnings to come :peace:

Hey @Plant Daddy - I apply the same principle. I rarely go over a 4gal(16L) pot when using Coco for fem seeds unless it's a mother. 3gal sounds spot on for an auto.

I too love experimenting with different mediums. It's how I ended up growing with Coco in DWC - some people call me crazy....maybe they're right :rofl:

Best of luck though my friend :Namaste: looking good. I look forward to the learnings to come :peace:
Hey, coco in DWC is what I originally wanted to do and I tried at the start of my current grow. The coco washed out of my mesh bags I had placed in the net pots. Tricks to avoid this? :Namaste:

Hey, coco in DWC is what I originally wanted to do and I tried at the start of my current grow. The coco washed out of my mesh bags I had placed in the net pots. Tricks to avoid this? :Namaste:
Hey @copperrein . Nice to meet you :Namaste:
Awesome to hear of someone else experimenting with coco in DWC. I hope we can exchange learnings. To save hijacking this thread, why don’t you come visit mine (in my sig) and I’ll post about how I go from coco to net pots :peace: I’m just finishing my coffee:volcano-smiley:and I’ll put a post together.

buy some mini hydrometers on amazon 5 for 20.. battery or 1 for 11.. analog put in jar.. your jar got to be way higher than 55... at 4 days might be over 70 in jar... putting in a humidity pack 8 gram for 15 gram weed..

fill jars about 5/8 full max.. u want to be at 62 in jar for permanet storage.. the pack in jar at 70 will help dry the weed
down and absorb moisture in jar but its still to high and u need to open daily or more at 4 days.

is my thoughts and what im doing got 15 nice smiling jars out of 19 now.. cheers..

heres pic .. she needs some air... the pic of your jars maybe take a few buds out more air less bud.. ad one more jar
take a few out of each maybe..

ps jar was at 69.5-70 before i opened it.. house humidity is 49ish .. was open 15 20 mins.. took pic
Look at what I'm dealing with... The big one in middle is accurate.

718DBF87-EB42-44A6-96BF-5FED953B0ED7.JPG

If they wont drift, you could dial them in at a set RH. Meaning if they read 41% when its really ~60%, write it down and shoot for that.

Or find the manufacturer and throw them through their window. ;)

If they wont drift, you could dial them in at a set RH. Meaning if they read 41% when its really ~60%, write it down and shoot for that.

Or find the manufacturer and throw them through their window. ;)
I'm going to have to do some tests and see if they keep difference. I was thinking same thing PP. Great minds think alike:smokin:

honestly I haven't gotten that far yet... I think coco will require more waterings. Not sure if I will even Ph at all. I just ran down stairs to check on seeds... All FOUR have sprouted. :yahoo: :yahoo:It's on!!!! I have had 100% success using peat pods. I used the last grow and also had 100% .
you have my interested ph'ed now !!!
funnyanimal195.gif

i prefer the coco pellets now than the peat. Rapid Rooters are easy but have a shelve life if you don't use them all.
my record in pellet is 11 days to pop, took the will power of a ninja master not to mess with it.

light cycle note: just what i'm doing mate :high-five:
I've moved some of my auto to my tents now. i was not happy with the 18/6 and have the tent running 20/4 light cycle. i'd suggest 20/4 light cycle for autos. I'm leaving my mothers in room because 18/6 is perfect for them, i'll pull other auto's out of that room next few days.

you have my interested ph'ed now !!!
funnyanimal195.gif

i prefer the coco pellets now than the peat. Rapid Rooters are easy but have a shelve life if you don't use them all.
my record in pellet is 11 days to pop, took the will power of a ninja master not to mess with it.

light cycle note: just what i'm doing mate :high-five:
I've moved some of my auto to my tents now. i was not happy with the 18/6 and have the tent running 20/4 light cycle. i'd suggest 20/4 light cycle for autos. I'm leaving my mothers in room because 18/6 is perfect for them, i'll pull other auto's out of that room next few days.
I'm also thinking 20/4. I will bury myself in internet before I make final decision. Have you done both?

yes i'm doing both now, usually i do 20/4 for autos but talked myself into 18/6 because of power bill <-- i was dumbass. I run mothers 18/6 instead of 20/4 or 24/0 to control growth because your always trying to control your mothers size/growth to keep the lon periods. I already new answer but for some reason i went Mr. Dumbass, i have never tried 24/0 but i think the plants like some dark.

yes i'm doing both now, usually i do 20/4 for autos but talked myself into 18/6 because of power bill <-- i was dumbass. I run mothers 18/6 instead of 20/4 or 24/0 to control growth because your always trying to control your mothers size/growth to keep the lon periods. I already new answer but for some reason i went Mr. Dumbass, i have never tried 24/0 but i think the plants like some dark.
I hope others chime in on their experiences with light for autos. What I have read thus far 20/4 is sweet spot.

I'm going to have to do some tests and see if they keep difference. I was thinking same thing PP. Great minds think alike:smokin:
I kinda hate those little plastic thermo/hygros. The bud I have in jars I know isn't at 55%...all my jars have brand new bovedas. The one little puck sensor or whatever those are called that's closest to being right lives in my tent. One of them cool Blue Lab realtime multi probe sensors things is on my birthday wish list.

I kinda hate those little plastic thermo/hygros. The bud I have in jars I know isn't at 55%...all my jars have brand new bovedas. The one little puck sensor or whatever those are called that's closest to being right lives in my tent. One of them cool Blue Lab realtime multi probe sensors things is on my birthday wish list.
i cried when i bought my bluelab ph pen, now i see why you want as gift

Back
Top Bottom