Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

Plant Dad

This will be my second grow and my first time growing Autos.

It will be a bit of an experiment.

Here is my plan:
  • Gorilla Glue Auto-Flowering Cannabis
  • Two different mediums - soil & coco
  • Two different size pots - 3-gallon & 5-gallon
  • Growing 100% organically
So my 4 plants will be as follows:
  • A 3-gallon fabric pot with soil
  • A 3-gallon fabric pot with coco
  • A 5-gallon fabric pots with soil
  • A 5-gallon fabric pots with coco

EQUIPMENT / MATERIALS LIST FOR THE GROW:
  • Seeds: 4 Gorilla Glue Auto-Flowering | Feminized
  • Peat Pods: Jiffy
  • Tent: 48" X 48" X 80" Melanfarm
  • Lights: Mars Hydro TS 3000 LEDs
  • Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
  • Coco: Canna Coco Growing Medium
  • Fans: 3 Honeywell 7" fans
    • 2 hanging
    • 1 on the floor
  • Fabric Pots: Vivosun
    • 2 Five-Gallon
    • 2 Three-Gallon
  • Amendments:
    • Gala Green All Purpose 4-4-4
    • Gala Green Bloom 2-8-4
    • Worm Castings
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Perlite
  • Dehumidifier: Danby Dehumidifier running 24/7
  • Exhaust: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan

ABOUT GORILLA GLUE AUTO FLOWERING CANNABIS:
  • Relaxes and eases some pain, and offers a touch of blissful euphoria.
  • These effects make it an ideal strain for people hoping to relieve stress and depression, as well as pain.
  • A balanced hybrid, Gorilla Glue tastes of pine and diesel.
  • Genes: 35% Indica | 65% Sativa
  • Harvest: 400 - 600 g/m²
  • Flowering: 30 - 35 days
  • THC: 24.0%
  • CBD: 1.0%
  • Vegetation Period: 30 - 35 days
  • It is easy to grow and great for beginners! I am a beginner for sure!!!!!

0D5699F6-8DB2-4DC6-9EC7-A26F5CC60092.JPG
5021C8F8-9A5F-4A35-853E-AF4EC9A5C110.JPG
B43D1771-398C-4C69-9604-D9C7C408B71B.JPG

is this your new grow.. in your 4x 4 tent think you could go to the 7 gallon pot.. bigger pott leads to bigger
is this your new grow.. in your 4x 4 tent think you could go to the 7 gallon pot.. bigger pott leads to bigger plant..

good luck
Thats what the experiment is about. A rule of thumb is you only need a gallon of medium for every month she is growning. I'm growing autos so they shouldn't be growing no more than 3 months; Therefore only needing a 3 gallon pot. There is debate if you look. Should I grow Autos in 3 gallon or 5 gallon. I have witnessed some spectacular auto grows in 5 gallon pots, but I can't help being curious is 3 gallon enoug? It Would be very tough to use all the soil in 7 gallon in less than three months. People already argue that 5 gallon auto grows is a waste fo soil. I also wanted to experiment with a different medium and see if that had different results with size of pots.

Thats what the experiment is about. A rule of thumb is you only need a gallon of medium for every month she is growning. I'm growing autos so they shouldn't be growing no more than 3 months; Therefore only needing a 3 gallon pot. There is debate if you look. Should I grow Autos in 3 gallon or 5 gallon. I have witnessed some spectacular auto grows in 5 gallon pots, but I can't help being curious is 3 gallon enoug? It Would be very tough to use all the soil in 7 gallon in less than three months. People already argue that 5 gallon auto grows is a waste fo soil. I also wanted to experiment with a different medium and see if that had different results with size of pots.

never heard of that rule of thumb... my last grow was three month solid root ball in my 7 gallon pot pull it out whole
every time.. think your rule of thumb is off by a mile or 2... i bet i could fill up a 10 gallon pot in 3 moths full root ball.. .. these root ball i be bashing on the front lawn in spring taking the lawn mower to em .. solid..... after i toss
on some new grass seed to cover.. takes awhile but it does sink in..

i got a few going in a little 3 gallon pot.. will need to water them all the time to keep going and not get dehydrated quick and wilt and stress.. what temps your canopy run at ? im at 29 30 c which is right about max rate of growth peek in some studies ive read.. lots of water.. some like 25 to 29 .... 85f falls off after unless u co2

can say i know anything about auto grows.. i rather pull the switch myself when i think im ready for bloom... ?

cheers

heres a ten gallon pot .. get 4 of those in the tent .. its a lot of pro mix ..

Here is my plan:

• 2 hanging
    • 1 on the floor
    • 2 Five-Gallon
    • 2 Three-Gallon
  • Amendments:
    • Gala Green Bloom 2-8-4
    • Worm Castings
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Perlite

• These effects make it an ideal strain for people hoping to relieve stress and depression, as well as pain.

Good start can’t wait to watch those babies explode.
Should be interesting I’m excited to see how they do. I did som runs in 3 gal pots. Terrible mistake on my part. Ended up in pots longer than I planned. And had to water 2-3 times a day just to keep them moist. Drank every drop I poured in. Not autos though. Hope they turn into huge girls for you, I’ll be tuned in. :rollit:

never heard of that rule of thumb... my last grow was three month solid root ball in my 7 gallon pot pull it out whole
every time.. think your rule of thumb is off by a mile or 2... i bet i could fill up a 10 gallon pot in 3 moths full root ball.. .. these root ball i be bashing on the front lawn in spring taking the lawn mower to em .. solid..... after i toss

i got a few going in a little 3 gallon pot.. will need to water them all the time to keep going and not get dehydrated quick and wilt and stress.. what temps your canopy run at ? im at 29 30 c which is right about max rate of growth peek in some studies ive read.. lots of water.. some like 25 to 29 .... 85f falls off after unless u co2

can say i know anything about auto grows.. i rather pull the switch myself when i think im ready for bloom... ?

cheers

cheers

Beautiful girls deltadubie. Love to come for a swim. It’s minus 10c here today.

cheers

I think this rule only applies to indoor growing. Are those Autos in those 10 gallon bags?

I think this rule only applies to indoor growing. Are those Autos in those 10 gallon bags?
Due to unforeseen factors I had to uppot from 1 gallon into a 10 gallon soft pot the day before I put her into flower. 9 weeks and 4 days later when I harvested that pot was full. Mind you I use roots accelerator gold regularly.
More roots = more bigger buds no doubt.

Here is my plan:

• 2 hanging
    • 1 on the floor
    • 2 Five-Gallon
    • 2 Three-Gallon
  • Amendments:
    • Gala Green Bloom 2-8-4
    • Worm Castings
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Perlite

Nice write up and set up :thumb: looking forward to these results. Very interesting indeed

Due to unforeseen factors I had to uppot from 1 gallon into a 10 gallon soft pot the day before I put her into flower. 9 weeks and 4 days later when I harvested that pot was full. Mind you I use roots accelerator gold regularly.
More roots = more bigger buds no doubt.
If I wasn't doing experiment I'd defiantly use 5 gallon. People swear no difference in growth. I'll find out for sure. Maybe i'll look into that Accelerator gold.

If I wasn't doing experiment I'd defiantly use 5 gallon. People swear no difference in growth. I'll find out for sure. Maybe i'll look into that Accelerator gold.
I’m telling ya this shit can grow roots from a rock. Not even a wet rock hehe. But seriously give it a shot. I mix a big jug and add a little to neuts every week when I feed.

A4CB1BCB-B174-4199-9E62-5F8CA22B9FA0.png

I’m telling ya this shit can grow roots from a rock. Not even a wet rock hehe. But seriously give it a shot. I mix a big jug and add a little to neuts every week when I feed.

A4CB1BCB-B174-4199-9E62-5F8CA22B9FA0.png
Canadian Eh? If it's not a organic amendment then I will have to stick to my worm castings and my molasses.

Canadian Eh? If it's not a organic amendment then I will have to stick to my worm castings and my molasses.
It says 100% natural but what does that really mean these days. When I get a minute ill check ingredient label and let you know. :hookah:

It says 100% natural but what does that really mean these days. When I get a minute ill check ingredient label and let you know. :hookah:
Headed to hydro store today and will check it out... hope they have it.. :passitleft:

Headed to hydro store today and will check it out... hope they have it.. :passitleft:
Had to order mine from Bezos. But hopefully the shops in bc have a better selection than here in ont.
jamesbong made a point that your on the money with your calculations. Nice to see a good side by side on that. But watching yours grow will be great fun.
Here is the ingredients on that R.E.G. if ur interested. Why they list those two ingredients at 0% is beyond me but I’m not versed in those procedures. It seaweed is great that much I do know. (Kelp)
But anything with spirellia not sure of spelling there sorry. It’s apparent amazing.

C463AE7F-2E98-449F-BAE1-0894610EE97A.png

Had to order mine from Bezos. But hopefully the shops in bc have a better selection than here in ont.

jamesbong made a point that your on the money with your calculations. Nice to see a good side by side on that. But watching yours grow will be great fun.
Here is the ingredients on that R.E.G. if ur interested. Why they list those two ingredients at 0% is beyond me but I’m not versed in those procedures. It seaweed is great that much I do know. (Kelp)
But anything with spirellia not sure of spelling there sorry. It’s apparent amazing.

C463AE7F-2E98-449F-BAE1-0894610EE97A.png
Thanks Brother!!! :passitleft:

Thanks Brother!!! :passitleft:
BTW I didn't mean to insinuate yours isn't a good side by side. It kinda reads that way im sorry. I just meant a huge commercial grow with all necessary controls in place. :peace: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom