Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

Ahh, the auto vs. photo debate! Always interesting.

I see the benefits of both but autos definitely have more of a down side. :Rasta:

Gorgeous How many plants in that 4x4?
There's 4 OG Kush photo's. I lollypop and supper cropped them. I got lucky the first time and did everything right. I am pretty proud of this first grow. I grew them in straight up FFOF 5 gallon bags. I just top dressed with gaia green in flower. It was so simple compared to this grow.

There's 4 OG Kush photo's. I lollypop and supper cropped them. I got lucky the first time and did everything right. I am pretty proud of this first grow. I grew them in straight up FFOF 5 gallon bags. I just top dressed with gaia green in flower. It was so simple compared to this grow.
I'm happy with my 1st grow despite my mistakes looks like I'll get some quality smoke got no idea on yield. I'll work on that next time. Meanwhile I'm starting an outdoor grow in the desert just 2 plants. Hopefully the autos will finish before the desert heat makes it impossible

I'm happy with my 1st grow despite my mistakes looks like I'll get some quality smoke got no idea on yield. I'll work on that next time. Meanwhile I'm starting an outdoor grow in the desert just 2 plants. Hopefully the autos will finish before the desert heat makes it impossible
I'll get some nice buds from this grow. Feeling relieved they will have some time to fatten up. I can clearly see yield is going to be so much more with grows in Coco. It looks like 3 gallon might get more yield than 5 gallon. June is a little bigger with more bud sites. Yield isn't important, but it is... lol. It's one aspect to gage how well the grow went.
Mistakes have been made. Every time I think I'm learning something it all goes to hell quick in coco. Still feel like I'm learning from every mistake. Now I'm top dressing when EC drops below 10000. Not waiting. I'll see how that works.

I'll get some nice buds from this grow. Feeling relieved they will have some time to fatten up. I can clearly see yield is going to be so much more with grows in Coco. It looks like 3 gallon might get more yield than 5 gallon. June is a little bigger with more bud sites. Yield isn't important, but it is... lol. It's one aspect to gage how well the grow went.
Mistakes have been made. Every time I think I'm learning something it all goes to hell quick in coco. Still feel like I'm learning from every mistake. Now I'm top dressing when EC drops below 10000. Not waiting. I'll see how that works.
Is the higher yield worth the extra fuss. Is the quality different I guess you'll find out.

Is the higher yield worth the extra fuss. Is the quality different I guess you'll find out.
I can't wait to find out. Will it be tastier in Soil? It's just crazy how much more it looks like I will get from Coco. So far I don't think 5 gallon has an advantage over 3 gallon except for the fact you don't have to water as often in 5 gallon. Not sure if it necessarily matters if I watered Coco 5 gallon twice a day or once, but since I am already having to water 3 gallon I may as well water 5 gallon. They each take about a 2 litters and R/O is about 20% every watering.

CE62FAC4-2F7E-4603-9039-605887B22838.JPG
C89BC729-54F4-4BD7-BD49-5BC05B2115ED.JPG
F436CD9F-D830-44EA-A335-77C49111A338.JPG
71084B14-C44C-4552-836B-34D66598115F.JPG
096AC5C0-37AA-494D-ABB9-792B466EC950.JPG

Nice buds sir. I have 20 White Widow auto seeds - I plan on starting a perpetual grow till they’re gone & based on your experience I think I’ll stick with photos after that. You actually helped me develop a theory - I think photos have an advantage in that we can wait them out & coax them into giving us what we want from them - autos are what they are & not as easily manipulated...

I've got 6 auto seeds left, so it looks like i'm not done growing autos. Based on experiment I might be growing my Autos in Coco or maybe it will give me a chance to grow soil, coco combo. I don't think I would grow autos in just soil. I can't believe how big and how many bud sites are on Norma in 3 gallon. She isn't done. She started drinking extra liter and isn't slowing down. Making watering twice a day more reasonable because she is doing so well. Still experimenting with nutes, so the wheels could fall off at anytime with her. Norma in Coco and Edith in FFOF are looking heathy at this point.

Betty in Coco is starting to drink less. I think she is finishing. She has some nice buds just not that much. June in 3 gallon FFOF has been stretching this week. She's had issues I can't explain but see is looking better. It defiantly looks like I will have 4 different harvest days several weeks apart.

smart guy and good read, don't know if you seen already

Wait, whhatttt???o_O
Autos are a waste of time for indoor growing imo for several reasons but thats for another thread. Just keep nutrient strength on the lower side but the principles of growing remain the same.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
i can't find the other thread :hmmmm: it's like a cliff hanger.next auto grow going outdoors anyway :)

I've got 6 auto seeds left, so it looks like i'm not done growing autos. Based on experiment I might be growing my Autos in Coco or maybe it will give me a chance to grow soil, coco combo. I don't think I would grow autos in just soil. I can't believe how big and how many bud sites are on Norma in 3 gallon. She isn't done. She started drinking extra liter and isn't slowing down. Making watering twice a day more reasonable because she is doing so well. Still experimenting with nutes, so the wheels could fall off at anytime with her. Norma in Coco and Edith in FFOF are looking heathy at this point.

Betty in Coco is starting to drink less. I think she is finishing. She has some nice buds just not that much. June in 3 gallon FFOF has been stretching this week. She's had issues I can't explain but see is looking better. It defiantly looks like I will have 4 different harvest days several weeks apart.
Norma was my pic in contest because of the smaller pot size. i'm hopping to win @mrsgrowdaddy fashionable toque, is it a Coco Chanel ?? i will look awesome in my weed room well staying warm.

Norma was my pic in contest because of the smaller pot size. i'm hopping to win @mrsgrowdaddy fashionable toque, is it a Coco Chanel ?? i will look awesome in my weed room well staying warm.
Norma is clearly the bella of the ball.

Thank you @Mustang92 - toque was a gift from MrGrowdaddy/PlantDaddy. He is American and had to ask what a toque is LOL! - I think they call it a beanie in 'Murica. ;-) I was rooting for June (I love an underdog!), Norma is *definitely* looking good these days, though - why would the smaller pot size be better? You need to know how conflicted PlantDaddy is on the whole topic of soil vs. coco! It's driving him nuts! One minute he's saying he wants to grow in coco and the next, he's saying he never wants to see it again! :rofl:

60 days from germination

Norma in 3 gallon FFOF

She is a couple weeks behind others. She hasn't looked or grown like a healthy plant since she for the last 30 days or so. I'm just scratching my head over her.
81E8DB53-9E27-4D44-B56A-90446AD5411A.JPG

Edith in 5 gallon FFOF
She got nutrient shock as a seedling and also after first top dressing when I double dosed her by mistake. She recovered and has looked like the picture of health ever since. She looks like she got topped. I think is was the nutrient shock that stopped main cola from growing. She looks spectacular of all the girls and is producing the best smells even tho she is behind Coco grow.
CCC1B4A0-38DB-477B-A715-A01078BBE045.JPG

June in 3 gallon Coco
June is behind her Coco sister in 5 gallon Coco time wise, but looks so much heather and has so many more buds on her. She is the super star, out doing all others in grow. This may be the evidence if you need for what size to grow in 5 gallon V's 3 gallon.
8AB60DAC-3D50-41A0-AB7E-C083DE0AFDAA.JPG

Betty in 5 gallon Coco
She is has had ups and downs. I have had to flush her a couple times and her buds are dense but not a lot of them.
F2016C21-FD53-4FA8-9F85-9C753AFF96EC.JPG

Coco side by side
92B8E665-FAB4-4527-A49F-C1D7E12F5F64.JPG

Two healthiest plants June in Coco 3 gallon and Betty in 5 gallon FFOF
CCC58FB2-2D63-411E-A467-C83960B31EE8.JPG

Gorilla Glue Autos in 4X4
85EF6FE4-390E-429B-9E07-7E0ABF0F9351.JPG

EA184449-0415-4D40-998B-B8170DF9B0DD.JPG

i like the bud on June, nice colours very sexy.
Junes buds are looking so uniform and growing everyday. I think she is going to be the big producer; Although Edith looks like she may be coming in second. Two early to tell, but I like to guess. First bud pic is June. It's going to be a nice cola. Edith buds seem to be the most pungent. The second pic is Betty. Thats her main cola and she will be the first to Finnish and it's looking close.

Tons of crystal, very nice mate :yummy:

when you thinking to harvest, must be getting close.
That's the top of Betty. She is looking close. I think I might be harvesting her within the next week. I'm about to post a bunch of pics. Betty is so ratty. I now realize I was burning them with light. It never dawned on me that these autos are spending 6 more hours under the light than photos. I raised the light up and lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom