Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

LMAO! That wouldn't help. The only difference I'll ever see between string and baker's twine is the way they're spelled. :laughtwo:
You oughta chew on a mouthful of each, see if you taste the difference and let me know. They gotta use it for baking for some reason right?

LMAO! That wouldn't help. The only difference I'll ever see between string and baker's twine is the way they're spelled.

I could accept that except it may just be an illusion or possibly an allusion.:smokin:

Yesterday, I nearly pulled the emergency flip to 12/12. I opened the tent and pulled out the KA5H cause I was planning to take some solo shots of each plant, and I realized how long the two new lead branches were. It’s clearly hitting its stride with the heat mat and the geoflora.. and that’s making me really nervous for space.

long story short, I didn’t flip them last night. It would’ve only been 3 days of CS treatments on the cookies n chem, and I was worried it might not take. So I’m going to stay the course and give the CnC a full week of CS before the 12/12 flip. Flip will come Saturday night, Sunday will be day1.

I need a nice looking thin leaf girl like that. :green_heart:
I haven’t smoked any of this plant yet, but the killer A5 haze from Ace seeds is highly recommended by just about everyone around here who’s grown it. Another one would be the Green House Neville’s Haze, but that one is a lot more work to bring to harvest cause it can go like 16-17 weeks.

Another one would be the Green House Neville’s Haze, but that one is a lot more work to bring to harvest cause it can go like 16-17 weeks.
16-17 weeks is a pretty big commitment and investment for me. My tent is a 2’x4’x70” and I’m not able to grow outdoors here. HOA rules and neighbors. But the A5 Haze has my interest up.

Delaying the flip to finish the CS is an excellent decision and I don't think you'll regret it for a minute. And if that KA5H gets out of hand...supercrop it! Looks like the perfect plant to do it on with all the open area.
It’s true, there’s a bit of space yet and I can always supercrop. I’m gonna need to clean them all up a bit and probably get some bamboo going before I flip just to make it easier.

Alright so last post was 4/6, and today is 4/18. It’s been nearly 2 weeks without an update and I’m sorry for that. Here’s what’s happened/happening:

I maintained my patience and actually flipped on 4/12 - an extra day later. So the cookies n chem got 8 days of CS treatment preflip. I’ve been applying 50ppm CS once in the early morning 4 hours before lights on, and once at lights off.

I took some photos yesterday, day 5 of flower. So here we go.

LA Cheese

This plant is short and squat still, but her mains are growing great. By far the biggest specimen of this group of seeds I’ve grown. You can see on her top most main branches how tightly this plant stacks nodes. Every branch is like that, no long internode lengths anywhere. It’s fucking awesome. Also requires a ton of work to get a nice shape out of her though. Otherwise she’s just small and dinky.

Grandpa Punch

I think by now you guys maybe see how I structure my plants. This ones no different. She’s taken quite nicely to the shape and has 8 leaders with maybe a dozen strong satellite branches. One thing I’m doing slightly differently on a number of my plants is, training the low down branches (nodes 1-2/3) out instead of removing. I’m trying to take advantage of the @Mars Hydro TS3000 and it’s great canopy penetration. I will remove all the growth save the top one on the low branches. Should provide me a nice sized flower on the end of each stick at least. seen the quality these seeds are capable of, so I should be in for something out of sight.

Garlic Sherbert

The garlic sherb is looking really nice and strong. It’s got thick red branches that are hard and not easily bent. She’s also very very different in water consumption compared to the others. She drinks a lot slower. As you see here again, I’ve left the low down nodes on the plant. I’m trying to take advantage of all that light that would normally hit soil. With the TS3000 I’ve got more par down low than I normally would. We’ll see how they turn out. I’ve seen a number of these seeds grown so i know I’m in for a treat.

Xanadu

I’m so excited about this plant. The structure is tightly stacked with few, very strong lead branches. It has side growths that stay low and just get larger. There’s a reason that jar was down to a quarter after just a couple months. I love this stuff. It’s focused, relaxed, happy and giggly. Very good for social smoking. Good wake and bake weed with a very considerable cure. Less time in the jar it’s a bit too heavy to smoke in the morning. It sort of energizes up over time. Also the nugs are beautiful.

Cookies n Chem

If you look very close in the bottom left of the plant, you can see clear plastic tape around one of the branches. That is the treated branch, that im hoping will give me plenty of pollen. It’s part of the top canopy. This plant’s got some scruff around the bottom that I should’ve removed before the photo. It’s just from being a held clone in a solo cup for a long time. She looks great though. I love this cultivar immensely, that’s why I went with such a strong pollen branch. I really would like a large amount of S1s. That’s my first and foremost goal.

Killer A5 Haze

Okay, last plant in the tent. She looks alright. She’s got this weird Haze posture that I’ve seen before... some environmental condition she wants to be different - and my guess would be heat and humidity. Looks okay though, healthy and growing vigorously. I just hope I can keep her healthy all the way through flower.

I think things are shaping up really nicely. They’ve all greened up. It’ll be interesting to see how big they get as they transition into flower. As they grow, I’ll be training them down with GDBGum®. Until next time.
:bongrip:

Thanks Nev. I’m gonna maybe try something different so I can stay more on top of the updates. Updating these six strains properly takes so much time to do at once.

They're all looking good and well trained, but I have to say my fave is Grandpa Punch...love that shape! I'm looking forward to seeing how the lowers you left turn out for you. Because I also top when they're tall it's a decision I have to make every time. Most of the time the lowest 3 (sometimes 4) nodes don't make the cut, and mine are in the sun!

:goodluck: with the CS!

All looking very nice, Chef. This is yet another grow where I can't pick a fav because they all look scrumptious. Great work.

As they grow, I’ll be training them down with GDBGum®
This is a cause for concern for me because I don't remember inventing this product. :laughtwo:

BTW, when are you going to feature some more time-lapse photos?

They're all looking good and well trained, but I have to say my fave is Grandpa Punch...love that shape! I'm looking forward to seeing how the lowers you left turn out for you. Because I also top when they're tall it's a decision I have to make every time. Most of the time the lowest 3 (sometimes 4) nodes don't make the cut, and mine are in the sun!

:goodluck: with the CS!
Thanks Shed. Yeah the GP is just a happy camper no matter what kind of abuse I give her. I’m gonna grow just the single flower on the end of each downlow branch. Will be interesting. You’d think in the sun you wouldn’t have any larf at all, considering the light comes from every conceivable angle.

Back
Top Bottom