Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

Nice tour around the garden, Chef. That is quite the update to put together, but looking beauty!
:thumb:
Thanks DAB! I think I’ll start doing one plant per day with one day off per week. It’ll make the journal feel more full I think and be easier on me.
All looking very nice, Chef. This is yet another grow where I can't pick a fav because they all look scrumptious. Great work.

This is a cause for concern for me because I don't remember inventing this product. :laughtwo:

BTW, when are you going to feature some more time-lapse photos?
Thanks GDB, I’m always partial to the CnC.. that’s my baby.

the R&D guys working over time to please the proprietor!

I'm of the belief that larf is more related to growth hormones rather than access to light. I get it on all my plants if I don't pluck them off in flower.
That sounds like a definite thing. Less light means less nutrient pull/hormones. Oh I finally got a chance to see that Alaskan tour from 1992! What an interesting watch!

Looking good there, chief.

Still no signs of your friend?
hey there Trala, thanks. No, no sign of him yet. I’ve had a lot of people call me and tell me they’ve done something to inform more people and they’re looking out for him so the neighbors are informed at this point.

Thanks, Chef.

That is so cool! :Rasta:
I’m glad I got it figured out earlier! I’ll be able to do weekly time lapses every week until harvest. I started the next one right when that last one finished.

Happy 420 Chef! Hope the day is treating you well. :)
Thanks shed! I’ve just been working on my vegetable garden today to be honest... smoked a handful of joints but that’s pretty normal. Hope yours has been great as well!

Chef, buddy you've been super busy bro. I took a little time off as usual but I'm back as of last night, had to hit you up and see what you've been doing. Shit looks really good man!! Good deal on the TS3000 from Mars, you definitely deserve it!!
SUB'D
NOW I GOT 20 PAGES TO READ!!

Chef, buddy you've been super busy bro. I took a little time off as usual but I'm back as of last night, had to hit you up and see what you've been doing. Shit looks really good man!! Good deal on the TS3000 from Mars, you definitely deserve it!!
SUB'D
NOW I GOT 20 PAGES TO READ!!
Hey GG! Long time no see my friend. A lot of things have happened since you last saw my garden! This run is going to be (potentially) a huge seed run for me, so I’m a little anxious to make sure everything goes smoothly. We’re approaching the end of week 2 of flower, so we’ll know for sure if I’ll have success making pollen in the coming 7-10 days.

The @Mars Hydro ts3000 is a beast. I’ve never grown in a tent with such little shade. It’s freakin awesome, but also an adjustment. While you’re catching up you can see the grandpa glue I just took down. It spent about half of its life under the Mars panel, and the buds are really nicely filled out. Can’t wait to see these other plants bulk up.

thanks for coming back around GG! I was actually just looking back over your old journal the other day.

Well here we are at day 14 of flower and as promised I have another timelapse. The girls are really getting their stretch on now. Today I also zip tied my panel to the roof of the tent for maximum height.

I could tell the plants seemed unhappy with the intensity, and I never went over 60% on the dimmer. This should help a lot.

now, since I suck so much at updating cause it takes forever. I’ve decided to just do one plant per day, maybe one day per week I’ll do two plants and have 2 days off. That’ll add more updates, and they won’t take so long to make.

Todays update is about the LA Cheese. I cleaned up her fan leaves so all of her nodes can get direct light. She’s stacked really nice and tight, hopefully she’ll yield wonderfully for such a squat bush.

Last but not least, the timelapse; as promised.

That’s all for today. Tomorrow we’ll look at the Xanadu

hopefully she’ll yield wonderfully for such a squat bush.
Your definition of a squat bush is very different from mine, and 100% different from @Carcass'!
3a.jpg

Looks leggy and wonderful to me. :thumb:

Your definition of a squat bush is very different from mine, and 100% different from @Carcass'!
3a.jpg

Looks leggy and wonderful to me. :thumb:
Well Carcass did that to his plant on purpose, as is the carcass way. Compared to her tent mates she’s the runty bush.

Looking good, Chef. :Rasta:

The way those leaves start coming up to pray before the light comes on is fascinating. It's like they know what time it is!

Well here we are at day 14 of flower and as promised I have another timelapse. The girls are really getting their stretch on now. Today I also zip tied my panel to the roof of the tent for maximum height.

I could tell the plants seemed unhappy with the intensity, and I never went over 60% on the dimmer. This should help a lot.

now, since I suck so much at updating cause it takes forever. I’ve decided to just do one plant per day, maybe one day per week I’ll do two plants and have 2 days off. That’ll add more updates, and they won’t take so long to make.

Todays update is about the LA Cheese. I cleaned up her fan leaves so all of her nodes can get direct light. She’s stacked really nice and tight, hopefully she’ll yield wonderfully for such a squat bush.

Last but not least, the timelapse; as promised.

That’s all for today. Tomorrow we’ll look at the Xanadu
Looks great. I love the internode distance, really nice flower stack, should be nice colas on upper 1/3. Do you have any bamboo stakes? The lowest branches could be opened outward a little bit, let's more light down to lower middle. But 3000w should penatrate deep!!

Looking good, Chef. :Rasta:

The way those leaves start coming up to pray before the light comes on is fascinating. It's like they know what time it is!
isn't that so cool!? It makes me want to trying growing a crazy light schedule. I'll bet they still perk up an hour before lights on like that.

Looks great. I love the internode distance, really nice flower stack, should be nice colas on upper 1/3. Do you have any bamboo stakes? The lowest branches could be opened outward a little bit, let's more light down to lower middle. But 3000w should penatrate deep!!
well the panel is actually 450w from the wall, but these diodes are super efficent. I still dont think i'm getting close to 3000w hps equivalent though. I do have bamboo stakes and I will stake these plants up as needed.

Great video Boss

Honestly I had no idea leaves moved like that.

And I agree with shed. She got legs mate, and she looks like she knows how to use them. ;)
Thanks Trala.. It's super cool to see as if it were real time. she's gotten a bitch more stretchy now in flower, but shes still just stacked like a brick shithouse

Alright so,

Today we look at the Xanadu. She's identical to the last one I grew; big thick branches, with not very tall satellites. I remember last time I waited for one of these side branches to take off so i could take it for a clone; they never did. This time I know better and will be leaving most of the bottom of the plant to reveg after harvest. This was my last seed of this strain and it has been one of my favorites since I started growing. I will absolutely be making S1s if i can get a successful reveg. Just like the LA Cheese, you can see that she really has stacked very tight. She's got much bigger leaves though.

That's it for todays update. Tomorrow we'll look at the Garlic Sherbert. Time to get crackin' on my GSC journal!

which is right here

I've been kicking around an idea I've had in my head for awhile, a way to increase yield and reduce the amount of larfy buds on my plants. It kept coming down to side lighting. It had to be inexpensive and something I can use repeatedly. This is what I came up with. Total cost not including the tomato cage was under $43.00

GuoTonG 50ft/15m LED Lights Strip kit,Waterproof, 3000K Warm White,110V 2 Wire, Flexible, 900 Units SMD 2835 LEDs,UL Listed​

I started the bottom row of the light rope even with just above the rim of the pot and worked my way upward attaching the rope with twist ties. Tedious but it worked well.

This photo shows the light ring around the plant with the overhead big light turned out. You can see the buds showing up as white in the photo so the side lighting is penetrating pretty well.

This last shot is with both the overhead light and the light ring lit. I think it will work good.

I've been kicking around an idea I've had in my head for awhile, a way to increase yield and reduce the amount of larfy buds on my plants. It kept coming down to side lighting. It had to be inexpensive and something I can use repeatedly. This is what I came up with. Total cost not including the tomato cage was under $43.00

GuoTonG 50ft/15m LED Lights Strip kit,Waterproof, 3000K Warm White,110V 2 Wire, Flexible, 900 Units SMD 2835 LEDs,UL Listed​

I started the bottom row of the light rope even with just above the rim of the pot and worked my way upward attaching the rope with twist ties. Tedious but it worked well.

This photo shows the light ring around the plant with the overhead big light turned out. You can see the buds showing up as white in the photo so the side lighting is penetrating pretty well.

This last shot is with both the overhead light and the light ring lit. I think it will work good.
Brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom