Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

I've been kicking around an idea I've had in my head for awhile, a way to increase yield and reduce the amount of larfy buds on my plants. It kept coming down to side lighting. It had to be inexpensive and something I can use repeatedly. This is what I came up with. Total cost not including the tomato cage was under $43.00

GuoTonG 50ft/15m LED Lights Strip kit,Waterproof, 3000K Warm White,110V 2 Wire, Flexible, 900 Units SMD 2835 LEDs,UL Listed​

I started the bottom row of the light rope even with just above the rim of the pot and worked my way upward attaching the rope with twist ties. Tedious but it worked well.

This photo shows the light ring around the plant with the overhead big light turned out. You can see the buds showing up as white in the photo so the side lighting is penetrating pretty well.

This last shot is with both the overhead light and the light ring lit. I think it will work good.
Great idea, Beez! Now you've got to come up with a name for it.

We cannot call it a:

"GuoTonG 50ft/15m LED Lights Strip kit,Waterproof, 3000K Warm White,110V 2 Wire, Flexible, 900 Units SMD 2835 LEDs"​

:Rasta:

Xanadu looks great and I'm looking forward to the reveg process. Do you do something similar to Van Stank?
a way to increase yield and reduce the amount of larfy buds on my plants. It kept coming down to side lighting.
As I'm growing with 133.000 lux of highly penetrating light from an orb of burning hydrogen gas and still get larf (when I miss a few), I'm of the mind that larf is that way from a lack of growth hormones sent to flowers further down the stem. Those are less likely to catch the pollen floating by than the tops, so the plant doesn't invest much in them.
This photo shows the light ring around the plant with the overhead big light turned out. You can see the buds showing up as white in the photo so the side lighting is penetrating pretty well.
Back that with a sheet of aluminum foil to send all the light inwards!

Hey everybody,

For those of you who haven’t seen, I started my GSC Comparative Grow Journal. Over there I shared that I recently purchased a nice macro lens. I want to post up some shots using the new gadget, but as it’s a GSC official grow, I’m going to post those photos here:

I’m pretty happy with how well it works :cheesygrinsmiley:

@ChefDGreen so nice to see you on the list of Most Popular Topics for the week. Very good job!
I didn’t even realize that was the case! I’m glad to hear it though
Yep, another month I will not be entering.... :laughtwo:

Nice work, Chef :thumb:
:laugh: Good news! Cause your buds are always insane!
I can smell en from here Chef! Sweet!
Thanks SO! I’ll bet you’re smelling the fruit leather smell that the IIP has!
You’ll have the notm sewn up too. Those pictures are gorgeous :yummy:
Sure would be awesome to win one! Thanks DD

@ChefDGreen so nice to see you on the list of Most Popular Topics for the week. Very good job!
Congrats on your NOTM win!! Big prizes these days! That jelly punch looks fucking insane though, it’s no wonder you won.

Hey everybody,

For those of you who haven’t seen, I started my GSC Comparative Grow Journal. Over there I shared that I recently purchased a nice macro lens. I want to post up some shots using the new gadget, but as it’s a GSC official grow, I’m going to post those photos here:

I’m pretty happy with how well it works :cheesygrinsmiley:
Are you able to provide a link or DM with the lens you got? Sweet setup. One day when I grow up I hope I can afford the Atreum lights myself

Are you able to provide a link or DM with the lens you got? Sweet setup. One day when I grow up I hope I can afford the Atreum lights myself
I’m not sure what country you’re in, but if you’re in North America you can search Amazon for uskeyversion macro lens 75mm

Well thank you, but are you sure you’re not confusing me with someone else!?
no I don’t have you confused! You gave Beez and his jelly punch a run for his money!

Hey everyone,

Ive got the week 3 timelapse recorded, it just has a ton of shots of my face in it and I need to do some clip cutting. I’ll get it posted tomorrow.

Ive got shots of the last two in the tent, the grandpa punch and the killer A5 Haze. The grandpa punch is maybe the happiest plant in the tent. She’s praying every day and bulking fast already. Also #2 on frostiness

The Killer A5, I feel, is having a rough go of it. Ive been struggling to find a good dry wet cycle for her cause she really hates wet feet. Over the last week or so I’ve begun watering her on the same schedule as most of the other plants, but with half the amount of water. I can’t say for sure, but I feel like some of her clawing has lessened. I’m going to continue to try and make her happy, but I know this isn’t the best I can run this plant. I think I’ll maybe harvest her with the plan to reveg, and I’ll either reveg or not based on what I think of the produce.

Lastly, the Cookies n Chem has started to throw out some pollen sacs. Less than I was hoping for, but with one or two sacs on each node it’s time to discontinue CS treatment and hope the male flowers develop well over the next 7-10 days. I’ll be happy enough if I can make some good S1s even though I was hoping for a lot more of a thorough pollination tent-wide.

again, sorry about the lack of timelapse. I’ve got it and I’ll post it soon. Tomorrow we’ll start back at the beginning, and I’ll show you all the cookies n chem in it’s entirety. Thanks for checkin.
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom