Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

Hello :420:!

And welcome to my new thread. We’re into 2021, a new year, and with that a new start. All the different stuff you guys have seen me get into is over (almost), and (almost) nothing will be brought to this garden, plant-wise.

I say almost because i will be bringing my longest living cut, Cookies n Chem. This plants role will be central this crop cycle.

SmokeSara and the fantastic people over at @Mars Hydro saw me fit to receive a brand new ts3000 to light up the 4x4 I’ve moved into. I’m going to do my best to keep these plants driving full speed in order to show off what this light is capable of. I’ve officially joined the #QBclub. Thanks again SmokeSara and @Mars Hydro !

the way Mars Hydro set up the drivers on this TS3000 is awesome! You can connect them, tool free, to the top of the panel or screw them onto a piece of plywood (included) to then mount on the wall outside of the tent. Should be easy to do for anyone, even those who aren’t too handy.

those of you who know me, know that I like to strap my lights to the very roof of my tent as to maximize the amount of space my plants have to grow. This cycle I went more traditional and just hung the light from the included wires. This will do for now, eventually I will zip tie my TS3000 to the very roof so i can grow plants that are ~ 5ft tall. I must say, this new garden is freaking huge compared to what I was working out of previously. Check out the new digs:

im living the life in the luxury suite now folks. Let’s move on to the genetics we’ll be playing with this time.

As per this post in my last journal
So, I’d like to thank you all for your interest in my little poll to see which strains I should grow next. I would just like to mention that I decided I would also get to vote, and my 3 votes were;
1. Killer A5 Haze
2. Grandpa Punch
3. Garlic Sherbert

that said, the totals are in and here are the winners.

With 9 votes, the first strain I’ll be running in my new setup will be a redemption run of;
Xanadu
With 8 votes, the second pick will be a new one for me. An oldy, but a goody;
Chemdog
And the final pick of this run, with 7 votes, will be;A tie!
Garlic Sherbert and Killer A5 Haze

Its all over folks! My next run has been decided. I’m actually pretty stoked about the chemdog. It’s such a legendary strain and a corner stone of genetic lineage it will be interesting to see what comes of that seed. I will mention, however, that I only have one seed each of Xanadu and Chemdog. If either of those fail to germinate they will be replaced by the runners up Grandpa Punch and Amherst Sour Diesel.

I want to thank you all for participating! Having all you excellent people here to help me decide what to grow is far more engaging and entertaining than just saying, “well, fuck it...” and dropping what I’m feeling that day.

also I called it a tie and selected 4 instead of 3... I’m not sure I’ll have the space for 5 plants, but as you guys probably know about me.. I can’t help but cram em in there :cheesygrinsmiley:

also, I’m sure some of you will read that and go “5 plants you say?” Yes, 5 plants. The time has almost come for me to run a reversal of my Cookies n Chem stardawg-heavy keeper! It’s probably my most beloved smoke. It’s scary and intense and sleepy in all the right ways. You’ve all, unknowingly just decided what crosses will be made!!
:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

The genetics I’m growing are as follows:

1. Xanadu
2. Chemdog
3. Garlic Sherbert
4. Killer A5 Haze
5. Grandpa Punch
and the last and final strain of this run will be
6. Cookies n Chem

My main focus this run will be making Cookies n Chem S1s as well as F1s from each of the other strains.
Here we have all my seeds scarified and in their respective cups.

Should be quite a lot of fun, I hope you all come along with me on this one. I’m gonna go ahead and tag all of the people who’ve had input on this run. @beez0404 @The Celt @InTheShed @Mr. Sauga @Mr. Krip @The Phantom @420 @Van Stank @dynamo1 @BeanTownFan420 @Grand Daddy Black @Virgin Ground @MagicJim @StoneOtter @DutchinAB @Patient Puffer @Dankman_420 @Sunnyskies @Justin Goody @Carcass @Amy Gardner

(don’t be offended if I forgot you!) :lot-o-toke:

I just picked up some Xanadu per your smoke review not too long ago.
It’s fantastic bud and it’s really got that incense musky smell. It’s one of my favorites and I’m happy to be growing it again. I think it’ll be the only plant I take a cut of this cycle.
Count me in Chef! Always up for what's cooking. :thumb:
Welcome Shed! This is going to be very fun to see all the different strains, it’s almost all new! ‘Specially that Ka5H.
I am in, that is a spiffy new tent! Thank you for the invite, and congrats on the new light!
Thanks for coming along DAB, isn’t it though?? I’ve got so much space for each plant.. it’s awesome. Happy to have you here, it’s gonna be interesting to see how this panel does for me!

Hey VG! :ciao: Yeah they really hooked it up big time! I love the dimmer switch on this panel.. and boy is it bright!
I have the TS1000. It's been a good little light for my closet.
Got some nice weighty buds on the Sexxpot.
You'll really like your new light.

(Gasp!) There's probably an echo in that tent! Friggin excellent! Far out, bro!

They don't sponsor just anybody. Congratulations on the new set up. Getting rewards for putting in your time. I look forward to the grow...where's that popcorn emoji... ;)

I have the TS1000. It's been a good little light for my closet.
Got some nice weighty buds on the Sexxpot.
You'll really like your new light.
Yeah I don’t doubt it. I’ve got a buddy who’s running two TS2000s in a 4x8 and his buds are super chunky. This 3000 in a 4x4 should give me some big ol’ colas.

(Gasp!) There's probably an echo in that tent! Friggin excellent! Far out, bro!

They don't sponsor just anybody. Congratulations on the new set up. Getting rewards for putting in your time. I look forward to the grow...where's that popcorn emoji... ;)
I know right?! I can actually fully stand up inside my tent! It’s awesome. I feel like a grown up now. I suppose yes, rewards for my time. Though I never looked at it in that way. Doing a journal is the second best thing about growing pot. (After having a ton of pot on hand)
welcome Ljb!

To be honest, pop 6-10 seeds, determine female, clone each, pick genetics you're looking for... Then clone it forever!
Hello and welcome to my journal. That’s a good way to start, but I like to be able to shut down and not be forced to have garden space all the time. I also like to throw pollen and grow my seed collection; to each their own.

To be honest, pop 6-10 seeds, determine female, clone each, pick genetics you're looking for... Then clone it forever!
Not sending shade... just that the pandemic gave new meaning to the Veg stage. As in, why rush it... still not going out.. So... if you’re looking to see what would happen IF??? Well... if this isn’t the pigs fly scenario? Nothing is! Stay safe, and happy growing!

Yeah brah! I got a grandpa punch in early flower and she is sturdy and firing. I’m in for the show chef! Hope all is blessed my friend. Aloha
:passitleft:

Yeah brah! I got a grandpa punch in early flower and she is sturdy and firing. I’m in for the show chef! Hope all is blessed my friend. Aloha
:passitleft:
Thanks for coming SS! Yeah the specimens of the GP I’ve seen have looked totally insane, that’s why I had to throw her into the mix. Good to have you here, it should be an interesting run.

Back
Top Bottom