Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I don't think the TS series is inferior at all. It has several strengths over the SP series of lights:
  • it's easier to move the power supplies out of the grow area. All that's needed is a readily available extension;​
  • it has larger spacing between the LEDs for wider, more even coverage;​
  • the wider light makes it easier to tilt;​
  • less height, and closer spacing to the canopy saves vertical grow room, and​
  • power (intensity) adjustment is easier than the SP series, as the control is on the top of the power supply.​
Both the SP and TS series will have their devoted followers. In my opinion the TS series is best for tents, and other grow areas with limited vertical space.
I hear you salt , I plan an sp250 in the middle for the penetration gain and as you said " tilting is easier" so thoughts are to use the tsl's lower and angled also. If the info in the post was read by a would be buyer , it looks like a " ours is better because" and not another Mars alternative but a "wannabe" sp series.

I hear you salt , I plan an sp250 in the middle for the penetration gain and as you said " tilting is easier" so thoughts are to use the tsl's lower and angled also. If the info in the post was read by a would be buyer , it looks like a " ours is better because" and not another Mars alternative but a "wannabe" sp series.

I see options rather than one being better than the other. For a 4' X 4' space, I like two TSL-2000s for top down lighting, or four SP-150s angled along their length on the diagonals of the space to get light in from the sides and top. I'd do a comparison grow if I had the room and funds to do so. I'm more of a fan of evenly distributed light over the canopy than a point or linear light source.

I see options rather than one being better than the other. For a 4' X 4' space, I like two TSL-2000s for top down lighting, or four SP-150s angled along their length on the diagonals of the space to get light in from the sides and top. I'd do a comparison grow if I had the room and funds to do so. I'm more of a fan of evenly distributed light over the canopy than a point or linear light source.
as am i salt. I think being used to the depth of hps has made an impact for me and seeing the differences between the new series being about that very thing for me. I dont stress too much on the electricity draws between them but it would have been good to know that this difference is the main thing. I thought it was layout and coverage based . lessons learnt thankfully but i need a deeper penetration for my space to work it better. My attic apex is a low angle so i lose space drastically as they grow taller. I need at least a 6ft x 6ft area coverage to be a happy bunny now . Am hoping to finance one with this harvest and a lot of smooth talking to Mrs GG.lol. I think utilizing the angle idea and an sp for the center would do it so well.

as am i salt. I think being used to the depth of hps has made an impact for me and seeing the differences between the new series being about that very thing for me. I dont stress too much on the electricity draws between them but it would have been good to know that this difference is the main thing. I thought it was layout and coverage based . lessons learnt thankfully but i need a deeper penetration for my space to work it better. My attic apex is a low angle so i lose space drastically as they grow taller. I need at least a 6ft x 6ft area coverage to be a happy bunny now . Am hoping to finance one with this harvest and a lot of smooth talking to Mrs GG.lol. I think utilizing the angle idea and an sp for the center would do it so well.

It sounds like it will do very nicely.

makes the ts look very inferior compared to the sp besides wider ( less penetrating!!) coverage.?. makes them feel obsolete and pointless to even consider over the SP , even the driver is a competitive selling point now too. is there any point to the ts series ?
In fact they are both great lights, and great lights differs from some small factors, which is the light case design, waterproof or not, and driver, these factors are very smaller ones comparing to their spectrum , light output PPFD, and sunlike color, no fan design advantages compare to many other lights. :green_heart: So please don't feel bad on our TS series. :D
I don't think the TS series is inferior at all. It has several strengths over the SP series of lights:
  • it's easier to move the power supplies out of the grow area. All that's needed is a readily available extension;​
  • it has larger spacing between the LEDs for wider, more even coverage;​
  • the wider light makes it easier to tilt;​
  • less height, and closer spacing to the canopy saves vertical grow room, and​
  • power (intensity) adjustment is easier than the SP series, as the control is on the top of the power supply.​
Both the SP and TS series will have their devoted followers. In my opinion the TS series is best for tents, and other grow areas with limited vertical space.
Hi Old Salt, thanks for the clear up, I totally agree with you, both has pro and cons and both are great lights,. :surf:

that makes me rethink to the sp series now...i need water proof i do so many stupid things stone i dont know how i grow so well must be all my free time spent with em...sarah any chance that a 4 x 4 bloom sp is in the works ?...grabbing a 4 x 4 tent next month then buy 1 or 2 of the sps following month then pick up another 4 x 4 and maybe a ts 3k :p...getting my winter projects all figured out oh yeah and that pesky kitchen remodel i started i gotta finish now to far in to say nah i do it later....god i ramble when i smoke

that makes me rethink to the sp series now...i need water proof i do so many stupid things stone i dont know how i grow so well must be all my free time spent with em...sarah any chance that a 4 x 4 bloom sp is in the works ?...grabbing a 4 x 4 tent next month then buy 1 or 2 of the sps following month then pick up another 4 x 4 and maybe a ts 3k :p...getting my winter projects all figured out oh yeah and that pesky kitchen remodel i started i gotta finish now to far in to say nah i do it later....god i ramble when i smoke
Hi Jinxed, for the 4x4 space , you can try two of the SP -250. it can cover 4x4 pretty well. :circle-of-love: And when you ready for the TS 3000, it will be also available on our website as well. :hippy:

Do you know Mars Hydro Accept Paypal Credit Now? :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
What is Paypal Credit? :love: It is a payment method Paypal provide, to help you get some credit to pay, you can buy anything you want within your credit, and 0 interest if you pay them back within 6 months. :D That means, you can really do:Buy Now, Pay Later. :)

Our website is having promotion on the TS and SP series, if order over 1500USD, will get a FREE LIGHT worth at around 200USD. :hippy::hippy::hippy: I know some of you are getting excited with our new lights and many are going back indoor and needs new lights, now this is the best time! :yahoo:

And a kind reminder, :circle-of-love: I will be off from tomorrow, 3 days together with the weekend, so if you have anything, please kindly email us: info@mars-hydro.com or if not urgent,PM me or leave message here. I will get back at your Sunday night ;)

Hi martians!

We built a box for our grow (and subsequently christened it "medoefsabox" - sort of a play on medusa, just 1 look and stone etc... And "doef" the sound productivity makes as it falls to the ground n dies!)

Anyways, new growers here. I build the box and the wife tends to the babies. That's the arrangement... We live in sunny South Africa. So temperatures can be a problem, unfortunately the place we got a lot of our gear from sold us a MH / HPS setup with a wing reflector. This resulted in higher than wanted temperatures (about 12 degrees more than outside the box - cries)

So it is time to join the green-a-lution! Looking at acquiring a SP-250 for the box. But need some input first as it's quite an investment (postage is almost more than the light for us!! :'(

1. What's the outer length of the light. I see the official numbers state 109cm is this accurate?

2. If I put the driver outside the box, what kind of noise levels will it have? Comparison to a 600w ballast? It says no fan but I'm just assuming that excludes the driver? As most lights have fans for the light part as well etc.

3. What kind of temperature increase we looking at from room temp (say 26 degrees c)

May the puffs be forever favourable

S

(The HPS makes taking photos very lame...)

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_212234.jpg
    IMG_20190824_212234.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 133
First, :welcome: to the forum...

2. If I put the driver outside the box, what kind of noise levels will it have? Comparison to a 600w ballast? It says no fan but I'm just assuming that excludes the driver? As most lights have fans for the light part as well etc.

There is no noise from the driver.

I traded my SP-250 for a TSW-2000 so I can't check the dimensions. I didn't use the light so I can't comment on the temperature rise in your box.

The temperature rise will depend not only on the light, but your exhaust as well. My filter and in-line fan are outside my tent. I found that multiple exhaust ports in the top of the tent reduces the temperature rise with my eight COB DIY light.

Back
Top Bottom