Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

mars hydro tsl2000W (by the way mine withdraws 350W from the wall and it where advertised as 300W, I checked it with two different meters and they both shows 350-360, can someone explain that? ).

It's adjustable. Grab your screwdriver and... problem(???) solved. See:

I'm also planning to scrog, mainline or manifold so 1400ppfd should be not only in one certain point somewhere in the center but spread.

Light level should always be even across the canopy, IMHO. Other than special circumstances, I suppose - such as using a small portion of one's main grow space to start seedlings.

It's adjustable. Grab your screwdriver and... problem(???) solved. See:

More watt = more efficiency? TSL2000W and SP 250 both cots the more or less the same but sp250 only draws ~235W and mine mars hydro TSL2000W draws ~350W so if I want to cover 3x5 with 1400PPFD and I already have TSL2000 I want to know which light would be more efficient in 3x5 space to benefit from 1500ppm co2 ( I would need 1400ppfd in 3x5 flower tent)

Thanks for your reply

Light level should always be even across the canopy, IMHO. Other than special circumstances, I suppose - such as using a small portion of one's main grow space to start seedlings.

Finally got ppm/tds meter, performed runoff test and all plants root zones were 5.9ph and ppm 4-6000!!!! Wtf the ph was low cause coco was 5.3-4 when i started but didnt know cause im a noob and didnt order tds and ph(bluelab soil) meter at first. Now i realize how important tds and ph meters are, as well as the importance of run-off tests!!!!!!

I flushed each 2g pot with roughly 7L of 7.6ph tap water, 1L at a time followed by ph and ppm test each time. Took a while but now they are at 6.4-6.5 and 500-800 ppm!! Stoked and hoping i see super positive responses these next 7 days

Finally got ppm/tds meter, performed runoff test and all plants root zones were 5.9ph and ppm 4-6000!!!! Wtf the ph was low cause coco was 5.3-4 when i started but didnt know cause im a noob and didnt order tds and ph(bluelab soil) meter at first. Now i realize how important tds and ph meters are, as well as the importance of run-off tests!!!!!!

I flushed each 2g pot with roughly 7L of 7.6ph tap water, 1L at a time followed by ph and ppm test each time. Took a while but now they are at 6.4-6.5 and 500-800 ppm!! Stoked and hoping i see super positive responses these next 7 days
Hey van,
If your in coco your going to kill your plants with a ph that high. Coco you need to run a ph of 5.8 - 6 2. And I've never tested my ph of run off. That's great for other media but coco is like running hydro. At least in coco you'll see things quick so I bet in 2-3 days they won't be looking to good and you'll know to lower your ph.
Hope this helps.

Hey van,
If your in coco your going to kill your plants with a ph that high. Coco you need to run a ph of 5.8 - 6 2. And I've never tested my ph of run off. That's great for other media but coco is like running hydro. At least in coco you'll see things quick so I bet in 2-3 days they won't be looking to good and you'll know to lower your ph.
Hope this helps.
Im using amendments so its all good bud!!

Hello, I've read somewhere that in second half of 2020 mars hydro will release new series of lights, true? If it's true does anyone know something already about specs? Differences from TS and SP series ? I'm planning to add a new light to 3x5 tent. At the moment I have mars hydro tsl2000W (by the way mine withdraws 350W from the wall and it where advertised as 300W, I checked it with two different meters and they both shows 350-360, can someone explain that? ).
I also have 2x4 tent. One tent I want to have for veg other for flower. I have only one light yet. I want to grow with~ 1500ppm co2. So I need 1400ppfd in flower tent. Probably the small tent will be for flower this run, in 3x5 gonna start to veg and then within~ 6 weeks will transfer some plants to 2x4 to flower and other plants will stay in 3x5 for 2 more months to veg until 2x4 will end to flower. And finally I will transfer light from 2x4 to 3x5 to flower those beasts that were veged for almost 4 months. So would be great if lighting combined from 2x4 and 3x5 would make plants benefit from 1500ppm of co2 in 3x5 grow tent in flower.

What light or lights I have to buy to have 1400ppfd in 3x5 tent?

I'm also planning to scrog, mainline or manifold so 1400ppfd should be not only in one certain point somewhere in the center but spread.

I'm considering about few options:

Buy one more tsl2000W and hope the best

Buy one more tsl2000W + 1 sp 150 or sp250

Buy two sp250

Or wait untill new series will be released

Any advise is welcome, any other option is also welcome,thank you!

Thanks!
The differences between the SP and TS series are spacing of the diodes on the board. Sp has closer and TS further apart. The SP series will give a more direct footprint and the TS a more even one. The SP series also has different drivers then the TS series besides the TSW-3000 where it has Mean well drivers like the SP series. I would guess and assume the new lights they are releasing later this year will have updated diodes. Osram or Samsung. Maybe a combo of both?

The differences between the SP and TS series are spacing of the diodes on the board. Sp has closer and TS further apart. The SP series will give a more direct footprint and the TS a more even one. The SP series also has different drivers then the TS series besides the TSW-3000 where it has Mean well drivers like the SP series. I would guess and assume the new lights they are releasing later this year will have updated diodes. Osram or Samsung. Maybe a combo of both?
If mine tsl withdraws 350W from the wall then two would withdraw 700W. Two SP 250 I think would withdraw around ~470W. 130W differences.
Do you think two SP250 can be same efficient as two tsl2000 in 3x5 or 4x4 reflective grow tent?

If mine tsl withdraws 350W from the wall then two would withdraw 700W. Two SP 250 I think would withdraw around ~470W. 130W differences.
Do you think two SP250 can be same efficient as two tsl2000 in 3x5 or 4x4 reflective grow tent?
Either the TSL-2000 or the SP-250 paired with another one would do great in a 3x5 or 4x4. But when it comes down to watts at the wall and efficiency, I can't really help with that. Regardless, 2 of either light would do very well in those spaces. I currently use the SP-250, TS-3000, TS-1000 and 2- TSL-2000's.

Hello, I've read somewhere that in second half of 2020 mars hydro will release new series of lights, true? If it's true does anyone know something already about specs? Differences from TS and SP series ? I'm planning to add a new light to 3x5 tent. At the moment I have mars hydro tsl2000W (by the way mine withdraws 350W from the wall and it where advertised as 300W, I checked it with two different meters and they both shows 350-360, can someone explain that? ).
I also have 2x4 tent. One tent I want to have for veg other for flower. I have only one light yet. I want to grow with~ 1500ppm co2. So I need 1400ppfd in flower tent. Probably the small tent will be for flower this run, in 3x5 gonna start to veg and then within~ 6 weeks will transfer some plants to 2x4 to flower and other plants will stay in 3x5 for 2 more months to veg until 2x4 will end to flower. And finally I will transfer light from 2x4 to 3x5 to flower those beasts that were veged for almost 4 months. So would be great if lighting combined from 2x4 and 3x5 would make plants benefit from 1500ppm of co2 in 3x5 grow tent in flower.

What light or lights I have to buy to have 1400ppfd in 3x5 tent?

I'm considering about few options:

Buy one more tsl2000W and hope the best

Buy one more tsl2000W + 1 sp 150 or sp250

Buy two sp250

Or wait untill new series will be released

Any advise is welcome, any other option is also welcome,thank you!

Thanks!
Sorry to forgive me so far I can not tell too much information about the new lights. The new product is expected to be released around June, do you think you can wait?

Hey bud, i read on this thread that the rumour is, the new lights are the existing lights with upgraded Light Emitting Diodes. But wouldnt surprise me if there are new lights as well!
:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:Please guess, lol:cool::cool::cool:

Spring is here, are you ready to start a new round of growing? Spring is the season of hope, hope everyone safe and healthy, hope your plants healthy and gorgeous. Happy growing, happy weekend! :kisstwo:

Sorry to forgive me so far I can not tell too much information about the new lights. The new product is expected to be released around June, do you think you can wait?
If it's reasonable I could wait :) but how to know if you can't tell anything about new lights? :) Could you maybe tell if it's going to be same spectrum lights? If new lights will have more warm white (yellow diodes) then white diodes or low peak in blue and high peak in red/yellow and deep red I would definitely wait, no question :))

Back
Top Bottom