Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Mars Hydro FC3000 led griveaway just started!!! Welcome to join~ :circle-of-love:

HI sara , fellow Marsians and future ones too. All starting to go well with the grow now finally. The sp250 and the sp3000 ( on 50%power) are doing great with the surprise of how well 3 plants in between the lights are doing just on the edges of their coverage.
They are about 4 weeks old now and due to root rot in the nft trays and time spent sorting it out , meant trying to slow the 3 under the tsl2000 which is being switched on for flowering period, needed to be held off a little to give them chance to catch up. I plan on a reconfigure once recovery is done but wantwd to show how well the lighta have done , even when not directly over the plants. I will share more once the grow gets sorted but please don't be strangers if you want to pop on and have a gander. We are lst training to quads , f.i.m I g to fill canopies and will be testing the 3 lughts in a comparison for the flowering cycles at full power. In the meantime Here are the girls already benefitting from Marsian sunshine
20200807_111404.jpg
20200809_102608.jpg
20200809_102515.jpg
20200809_102340.jpg
20200807_110918.jpg
20200807_110840.jpg
20200807_110418.jpg
20200807_105945.jpg

the surprise of how well 3 plants in between the lights are doing just on the edges of their coverage.

Shouldn't be a huge surprise. Yes, you're getting reduced benefit from each light - but there are two of them. That creates a virtual third light effect, sort of. It also tends to reduce shadowed areas. Furthermore, if the spectral profile differs between the two lights, you'll be getting the benefit of both sets.

That kind of stuff is why "comparison grows" with two different lights (or sets of lights) that take place in one space instead of two separate/segregated ones aren't scientifically valid. (And also why the whole can actually be more than the sum of its component parts, so to speak.)

@SmokeSara

Is this light an Amazon exclusive item?
Mars Hydro TS 1000W 3x3

I checked Mars Hydro website and that particular light doesn't show up. The Mars Hydro TS1000 2.5x2.5 is there but has a smaller coverage area and does not include the thermometer, hygrometer or timer.

And if I do get it through Amazon can I obtain any type of 420 membership?

Either way I will purchase one of these lights due to the price and the fact that Mars Hydro is a sponsor.
We sell the TS1000 as the same light as Amazon. We just don't have thermometers and timers in our packages.

The coverage of TS1000 is 3x3 for veg and 2.5x2.5 for bloom.

We provide the coupon "420magazine", but it can be only used for the official website.

Keeping plants under the blurple until things cool down a bit was hitting temps of 88F yesterday with the TS1000 !!!
Did you move the TS1000's power out of the tent?

yes the driver has been taken out of the tent,it’s just the weather heating things up too much ! Looks to be a bit cooler from tommorow onwards so the TS will be going back on
Autumn is coming soon

I like the first photo, they look so seductive, they must have a lovely smell

Share FC4800 video with you~

-DLC&ETL listed
-Samsung Lm301b&Osram 660nm Leds
-More than 50% higher in PPFD compared with HID lamps
-Balance, full-spectrum light output
-Energy saving with 50% lower power consumption than HID lamps
-Slim design that is foldable up to 180 degrees, making it small, compact, and easy to install
-6 passively cooled bars provide broad-coverage lighting for full-term growth
-Dimmable box
-Reliably sourced components including inventronics drivers
-IP65 waterproof

-Reliably sourced components including inventronics drivers

That might scare some people who have only used - or read about - Meanwell drivers. If so, it shouldn't. The efficiency levels are comparable (some of the Inventronics stuff appears to be a tiny bit more efficient, but not significantly so). Price seems to be a little lower, on average. The constant voltage ones appear to have a wider range of voltage adjustment. And it looks like the "largest" Meanwell driver for constant current series wiring use is the HLG-600 (500 watts?), while Inventronics offers ones that will handle up to 1,200 watts - meaning some applications that would require two Meanwell drivers might only require one Inventronics product (which could save even more money, I suppose). I don't know whether all Inventronics drivers have an IP67 rating, but all of the ones I saw did. Also, a certain well-known competitor uses the brand in some of its horticultural lighting products, has for more than a year... and I have not encountered any threads created by angry users of those products, lol.

In other words, as an end-user, you can consider the two brands to be more or less interchangeable.

That might scare some people who have only used - or read about - Meanwell drivers. If so, it shouldn't. The efficiency levels are comparable (some of the Inventronics stuff appears to be a tiny bit more efficient, but not significantly so). Price seems to be a little lower, on average. The constant voltage ones appear to have a wider range of voltage adjustment. And it looks like the "largest" Meanwell driver for constant current series wiring use is the HLG-600 (500 watts?), while Inventronics offers ones that will handle up to 1,200 watts - meaning some applications that would require two Meanwell drivers might only require one Inventronics product (which could save even more money, I suppose). I don't know whether all Inventronics drivers have an IP67 rating, but all of the ones I saw did. Also, a certain well-known competitor uses the brand in some of its horticultural lighting products, has for more than a year... and I have not encountered any threads created by angry users of those products, lol.

In other words, as an end-user, you can consider the two brands to be more or less interchangeable.
Inventronics is not as well known as Meanwell, but their quality is the same. Now there are some LED brands in the United States that are also using Inventronics power supply, which is very efficient, and this power supply is used for large watt-size lights. Meanwell is not suitable for light with large wattage, like TS3000, we used two Meanwell drivers to run the light, which actually increased our cost.

What kind of heat would a 500w driver put out.

FC6500~ Big Monster is coming. :yahoo:
This is the first Mars Hydro light that perfectly covers 5 by 5 grow area. It's the kind of light that many growers have been waiting for:theband:

Back
Top Bottom