Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Both great lights mate and lets be honest with how tech moves i will prob buy a new light before the ones i have break.
Most light as long as the drivers hold up have 50,000 to 100,000 hours on them thats over 5 years at least on all the time.You made a good choice but as i said MOST people on this site tend to go with meanwell and samsung.Mars even did a poll on it mate somewhere.

So may i ask if your so confident in your purchase and you have done hell of a lot of research why you asking if the lights turn up not working or burnt out?

So may i ask if your so confident in your purchase and you have done hell of a lot of research why you asking if the lights turn up not working or burnt out?
I've searched a zillion of sources before went for this FCE model, again 60 ish price difference was not a problem at all to pay for FC model, and as to FC model there was a lot of complains here there for ovreheat issue, somebody on trustpilot even called it a fire hazard)). Unfortunately people's reviews are the only source of pre-purchase research to make a desicion. I'd hap[ily go for such make like Lumatek european brand name for Photontek, but prices for those are simply unreal for my budget however Id presume those are real industrial grade quality.

In the uk we are limited tbh to whats been in our grow stores for years i never dreamed of ordering online.Here in the uk you have to be a little more careful but things changed over past few years i guess.Still think your get as good or better results with your new light than sim range in the names you spoke about and at a cheaper price.
Sale or return is what these european brands did to the uk grow shop seen and its a model thats worked well here. ;)
All the parts for all these lights are made in the far east with a few in the states its just grades and were they are assembled i guess.Again think your love your new light.

I live on the next island to the UK's one. In Ireland, we have technically nothing in grow shops or else for unreal price tag. I was happy with online shopping from the UK for at least a decade, things dramatically have changed after brexit, all those customs fees and duties on buying from the UK makes any good deal being useless.
However, Amazon UK still do a brilliant job for Irish customers if you are a prime member of course)). Also, I did save a good quid buying from MArs Hydro EU, meaning no VATs no customs duties. Same time a lot of tasty stuff sold at Amazon US but taxes would ruin its price wise attractiveness.

I live on the next island to the UK's one. In Ireland, we have technically nothing in grow shops or else for unreal price tag. I was happy with online shopping from the UK for at least a decade, things dramatically have changed after brexit, all those customs fees and duties on buying from the UK makes any good deal being useless.
However, Amazon UK still do a brilliant job for Irish customers if you are a prime member of course)). Also, I did save a good quid buying from MArs Hydro EU, meaning no VATs no customs duties. Same time a lot of tasty stuff sold at Amazon US but taxes would ruin its price wise attractiveness.
If your in Ireland I'd pop to migro shop he got youtube channel he's all about lights

This would be my first grow. the tent is black orchid 100x100x200cm roughly 3.2x3.2, planning 3 plants in 10 liter pots for the start. Of course have should gone for ec-e4800 but due to tight budget already ordered from Mars Hydro Europe FC-E3000 model, hope it will work great cos reviews at the US amazon some kinda scary: did not survive even a first grow; shut off at 100% power; part of LEDs are out-right out of the box, etc.
If you are using the FC-E3000 in a 3.2x3.2 tent, it is perfectly suitable. The tent is not like an open room where some of the light sources are wasted.
You will be able to experience this for yourself when the light arrives. Everyone has a different feeling about using a product.
At different stages we recommend different times for switching on the light, you can find information about the FC-E3000 in this blog.
It doesn't matter if it's your first time growing, because the 420 family is full of kind people who are happy to help you. :D

The FC4800 is the same chip as that used in the FC3000. It covers an area of 4x4. It is a multi-light bar design LED grow light and can be folded 180°. Look at the pictures. I don't need to tell you much else, do I? :hookah:

Loving my 2 new TS200 which are replacing my older 700II.

I had a question. If I wanted to get an inexpensive light meter to be more accurate with my light height from the plants would the cheaper lux meters work with the TS2000?

I've read that lux meters can be inaccurate with some LEDs (mostly the purples which the TS2000 isn't)

Is there a budget model you would recommend to work with the TS2000?

Thanks

Get a cheap lux meter and some kind gent has made a convision chart for a few of the cheap models found on most online stores.Sure its on the forum somewhere the chart ;)

Loving my 2 new TS200 which are replacing my older 700II.

I had a question. If I wanted to get an inexpensive light meter to be more accurate with my light height from the plants would the cheaper lux meters work with the TS2000?

I've read that lux meters can be inaccurate with some LEDs (mostly the purples which the TS2000 isn't)

Is there a budget model you would recommend to work with the TS2000?

Thanks
@jecka @skunksa They answered your question!

try this lux to par trick. first, download the LUX LIGHT METER APP. its available for android forsure, dunno about iphone, but iphone will have one.

lux X .015 = par

this is pretty accurate to my knowledge, ive researched the par of the sun(2600)

i tested the lux app on my phone and checked the sun( 160,000ish lux) and brings it to 2600ish par, so i reccomend this conversion, its good enough in my books

i then checked my tsl 2000, at about 12-13" roughly, centre of fixture, i was getting 55,000 lux, multiplied by .015 =750 par, 35000 lux = 525 par.

Not sure how accurate my app is when used with my samsung s10, but it matched up with the sun while using this formula, i found this formula online.

but if you research the suns par, then use a lux meter and figure out what you need to multiply the lux by, to get 2600 par, your set:)

Better than nothing, hope this helps everyone:)

Back
Top Bottom