Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yup all good advice above.. I am still on my 1st ever grow, and I never used anything but the Top LED's from the start.. I just studied many a journal here and came up with a plan on running 2 tents, one for veg and one for flower.. So I use a 144x3 reflector in my veg tent, I have never used the bloom switch on it.. I started with 6 clones and have never looked back.. I flower under 2x Mars 700's..

Amazing that with the help here at 420 mag, and what you can learn, I was able to produce better meds on my 1st ever grow. than what I would pay top dollar for from my dispensary.. no joke.. Just have to have everything lined up before hand.. I did have to change things around during my grow, but now everything is pretty much perfect..

Hello ,

I new & currently just set-up a 8 ft L x 6 ft W x 7ft 10in room with a 5 site RDWC system (1 site as the res) using 20 gallon containers each set 1ft 9in apart from each-other using 2 inch pvp pipe & a 800 Gph return pump. I also have 2-4' cylinder air stones in each pot powered by a 70 Lpm 8 site commercial air pump & a 40 Lpm air pump dedicated just to the res also running 2-4' cylinder air stone.

I current only have 1-400w MH light & I very interested in getting a Mars ll to go along with it.

So my question is what light size Mars ll lights do you guy suggest I use? ?

Any suggestions on which light set up would be best for growing 4 x Auto's in a single 1.2m x 1.2m tent?

I was initially thinking of getting an 'old model' 300w to start the girls off. And an additional Mars II 700w thereafter giving me 1000w. But side by side they would give uneven light output. Will this affect the grow significantly?

Alternatively, I could go for Mars II 2 x 400w or 2 x 700w side by side. Would a single unit at the start of this power be too strong? Or does it just depend how far you set the light from the plants. If so, how far should it be (example 4ft?)

If anybody has a better idea of perfect setup for growing in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent I'd welcome it! I'm new and just trying to get things right first time around as much as possible!

Sorry, one more thing

… Is it possible to use a dimmer control to adjust the output for a Mars II panel? Then I could just get say a 900w or 1200w panel and dim to say 25% at the start.

Any suggestions on which light set up would be best for growing 4 x Auto's in a single 1.2m x 1.2m tent?

I was initially thinking of getting an 'old model' 300w to start the girls off. And an additional Mars II 700w thereafter giving me 1000w. But side by side they would give uneven light output. Will this affect the grow significantly?

Alternatively, I could go for Mars II 2 x 400w or 2 x 700w side by side. Would a single unit at the start of this power be too strong? Or does it just depend how far you set the light from the plants. If so, how far should it be (example 4ft?)

If anybody has a better idea of perfect setup for growing in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent I'd welcome it! I'm new and just trying to get things right first time around as much as possible!

I am looking at setting up 2 tents of similar size. I have 2 Mars 400s that I was planning on using in the "Veg" tent and I am looking at a mars 900 for the flower tent. If you only have 1 tent and can swing the extra money, I don't think you could go wrong with the 900. The 700 will probably cover your space, but I think the 900 should give better coverage when the light is lower (12-15")

Thank you, everyone, great resource here. :thanks:

I have one more question for the night. Does anyone know by how much the temperature will increase running a 400w Mars II in a small closet or grow tent? Around 2'x2'x5', say? I was hoping it would raise it by 5 degrees or so.
I run a tent with the exact dimensions with the mars 400, and I average 73-75 degrees, with lights on, with 68 being the low. And that's overkill with a 4" Vortex on full blast, so yes, 5 degrees above ambient/room temperature you will see no doubt. 68/low 75-77 high. My journal is below if you want to take a look. I did a fast forward type journal since I wasn't sure I was going to do one. :volcano-smiley:

I run a tent with the exact dimensions with the mars 400, and I average 73-75 degrees, with lights on, with 68 being the low. And that's overkill with a 4" Vortex on full blast, so yes, 5 degrees above ambient/room temperature you will see no doubt. 68/low 75-77 high. My journal is below if you want to take a look. I did a fast forward type journal since I wasn't sure I was going to do one. :volcano-smiley:
Thank you, I'll look through your journal. :thumb:

I run a Mars II 400 in a 2'x2' tent and it keeps it about 10 degrees warmer than the outside room air... it does run a bit warmer than the reflectors but I have been able to control it with a desk fan for circulation and a small intake..... If you need the additional heat you might get away with just a circulaiton fan.....:circle-of-love:

I run a Mars II 400 in a 2'x2' tent and it keeps it about 10 degrees warmer than the outside room air... it does run a bit warmer than the reflectors but I have been able to control it with a desk fan for circulation and a small intake..... If you need the additional heat you might get away with just a circulaiton fan.....:circle-of-love:

I do need the extra heat. It's sounding like it'll balance out perfectly for both "day" and "night" temps.

Thank you, everyone, great resource here. :thanks:

I have one more question for the night. Does anyone know by how much the temperature will increase running a 400w Mars II in a small closet or grow tent? Around 2'x2'x5', say? I was hoping it would raise it by 5 degrees or so.

I can't say exactly, using your specs...

My grow is approx 2'x3'x7', and I'm using the Old Model 100x3, and with the doors closed, and no exhaust I'm at 81 degrees F. Doors open or exhaust on, and I'm at about 75 degrees F.

These were all started from seed with a marsII 900.......bout 30inches away temps at 75.....three of these are autos as well....don't mind some of the leave curl as this is my first grow I gave them to strong of nutes the first feeding....they are coming around now....
image19080.jpg

i'm considering the Mars II 700w vs the 192x3 reflector series. i'm leaning toward the 192x3 reflector since it has more coverage. I'll be using them for flower. any opinions?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom