Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Beautiful pics BID, I havent been over to your journal in awhile sorry, lifes been crazy lately. My lights have 4 switches, there isnt one for photos lol..but each switch is for a different phase of growth, switch 1 is seedling spectrums and the 600w light only draws 150 watts 2nd switch is full veg spectrum(you can see the pics I posted of my current grow, only half the diodes are on) 300w draw in full veg, the 3rd switch is for early flower, I use this setting for the first 2-3 weeks, each light draws 450w with this setting and all 4 switches on is full flower setting and they each draw 595w at full power. The core footprint of these lights is 52" x 52" at 28 inches from the canopy once the stretch is done. I start them at 48 inches from the canopy and let the plants grow up into the light as they get used to the high intensity diodes.So right now im vegging a 8 x 8 area fully covered with 1200 watts of led and theres no difference from the plants under the 2 1000w hps covering a 4 x 8 area, led's are the grow lights of the future I have no doubt of this, we just have to prove it to everyone.When led's first came out they immediatly got a bad name because of all the crap companies that were putting together cheap lamps and not honoring they're warranties, things have been getting alot better lately, there are some quality lamps coming out of China now, mine where manufactured there, actually most led diodes are manufactured in China simply because its cheaper to make them there and ship them here.Just off the top of my head I can think of 3 reputable led companies that claim they're lamps are 100% american and I know for a fact that the components they use are made in China:)

Heres my first question for you Sara, do you purchase your diodes from epistar or did you buy the dies from them and you make your own and call them epistar? Epistar diodes are good quality, they're not the best but still pretty good, the problem is anybody can buy a Die from them, make they're own diode and call it "epistar" because they used a epistar die to make it. Its the same thing with Cree diodes, the way I understand it is Cree diodes internal workings are completely different than other brands and cannot be soldered to the same circuit board as other brands, so companies claiming to use real Cree diodes as well as other brands in the same lamp are lying. Again, this is just stuff Ive read on the web so im not 100% on this but the info came from several different reputable sources. Another question is are the epistar diodes"top Bin diodes" Bin is a way of grading the quality of the diode, even Cree have defective diodes with lower bin codes, some of the companies claiming to use Cree diodes are using these cheaper lower bin diodes and saying they use Cree diodes, tecnically they're not lying but a blade steak comes from the same animal as filet mignon, which would you prefer on your plate:)

if your looking to get your lights to sell, jon and b.i.d will do more than advertise for you, these lights will be used by two very different style grower to there fullest potential, more people vistit there journals than anyone elses and are also 2 very respected growers here on 420 forum,if they are as good as you say and perform as well as you say i guarentee there willl be a rise in led grow journals here on 420 magazine, loads of people are interested but are waiting for the right leds to come along. i have been interested in led for a long time but cost and not having any led manufacturers close by for spares or repairs is kind offputting.

if your looking to get your lights to sell, jon and b.i.d will do more than advertise for you, these lights will be used by two very different style grower to there fullest potential, more people vistit there journals than anyone elses and are also 2 very respected growers here on 420 forum,if they are as good as you say and perform as well as you say i guarentee there willl be a rise in led grow journals here on 420 magazine, loads of people are interested but are waiting for the right leds to come along. i have been interested in led for a long time but cost and not having any led manufacturers close by for spares or repairs is kind offputting.
Wow thanks for the kind words bro:Namaste:

Hi Jon705,your pics are really very nice. I like them. I checked the specs, the spectrums is different with ours, so you want to test ours or theirs? we are factory, we can make the spectrum you want.

Our spectrum is : 430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm,White . main specctrum we arew using is 620~630nm and 650~670nm . second is 430nm~440nm and 450nm ~475nm.

The spectrum we are using have been tested by many people, so we also think our is the right one :)
Hi Sara, welcome to :420:. I would be interested in trying out your lights,I have over 10 years growing experience indoors and I made the switch to led's almost 2 years ago now. Right now Im running four 600watt led's and two 1000watt hps. So if I was to journal one of your lights I could do a side by side by side lol...my led's compared to your led's compared to hps.My last round was a side by side comparison of 2000w hps vs 2400 watt led, and the results were very suprising. I took the 3 best plants from the hps side and the three best plants from the led side and compared those, theres was a 3 oz difference with the hps winning but the led's cover twice the area of the hps so I was very happy with the results and will be looking to go all led in the near future. Im in the process of building a 20 x30 foot growshop and will be needing at least twice as many led's as I have now just to fill my flower room and then probably 4 more for the veg room. Heres a few pics of my last grow.
11809.JPG
9320.JPG
7527.JPG
6602.JPG
8419.JPG
33130.JPG

and few more of the round I just started.Ive made several upgrades this round, a 1/2 hp chiller, 24 000btu mini split air conditioner and a 1000gpd reverse osmosis system, I have a feeling this will be my best round to date.
DSCF3254.JPG
DSCF32552.JPG
DSCF32531.JPG
DSCF32521.JPG
DSCF3250.JPG
DSCF3249.JPG
DSCF3248.JPG
DSCF32411.JPG
I also have a youtube channel that I showcase my lights and grows on, heres a vid from last round.
day 58 flower - YouTube
Heres the link to my current journal, hopefully I will see you there soon:)
Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

PS: here are the specs to my led's, Im not allowed to give they're name because the arent a sponsor here.
Unit size: 25.5″x25.5″
Power: 595w (actual draw)
Amps: 5 amps on 120V, and 2.5 amps on 240V
Full Spectrum: Range of 420-750nm
Weight:36.6LBS.
Equal to 1000watt HPS
Coverage area: 48″x48″
Recommended for seedlings, clones, vegging and flowering plants.

Height above canopy:

1/4 power for seedling and cuttings @ 40″-48″ above.

1/2 switches on in veg: start the plants at least 48″ above vegetating plants and let the plants grow up towards the light.

3/4 switches on in beginning stages of flower: Start flowering plants at 40″-48″ above and let the plants grow up towards the light. Flip to full power once the plants get used to the intense light.

Always watch for bleaching and plant stress, if this occurs, back the light off a couple inches, or simply turn off a switch.

More Specs:

Current: 600mA
6 large and quiet 120mm fans
Finned aluminum heat sink
80 degree secondary optics
4 individual switches to control different parts of the panel.
Worldwide voltage AC 85-264v
Modular design, 1 circuit board per 15 LEDs, 1 power supply per 2 circuit boards.

Our Spectrum:

Helixeon 6000k, Red & Deep Red 7:battingeyelashes:4

Color Spread:
420-500nm: 12%
501-600nm: 16%
601-700nm: 67%
701-750nm: 5%

Will grow a plant from seed to harvest.
40% savings in electricity.

A51 Flowering Spectrum

What are Helixeon LEDs: Helixeon, a solid-state lighting device, provides high luminous flux output with high efficiency. Helixeon is encapsulated in silicone by molding technology. Also, Helixeon is capable of standard lead free solder reflow process.

All top bin LEDs are used in every AF-600 to ensure top quality and efficiency.

Lifetime Warranty*
90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Free worldwide shipping!

Heres my first question for you Sara, do you purchase your diodes from epistar or did you buy the dies from them and you make your own and call them epistar? Epistar diodes are good quality, they're not the best but still pretty good, the problem is anybody can buy a Die from them, make they're own diode and call it "epistar" because they used a epistar die to make it. Its the same thing with Cree diodes, the way I understand it is Cree diodes internal workings are completely different than other brands and cannot be soldered to the same circuit board as other brands, so companies claiming to use real Cree diodes as well as other brands in the same lamp are lying. Again, this is just stuff Ive read on the web so im not 100% on this but the info came from several different reputable sources. Another question is are the epistar diodes"top Bin diodes" Bin is a way of grading the quality of the diode, even Cree have defective diodes with lower bin codes, some of the companies claiming to use Cree diodes are using these cheaper lower bin diodes and saying they use Cree diodes, tecnically they're not lying but a blade steak comes from the same animal as filet mignon, which would you prefer on your plate:)
very good questions i did not know how to ask as i dont know all the proper terminology,not having used them yet my knowledge of the finer details is just not there yet,im a detail oriented mind,but sometimes you dont know what you should be looking at,i am up to speed on the needed light for good plant growth but you know about the nuts & bolts of leds like nobody else i know of,im glad your here buddy, your with this the way i am about pc components & guitars, i know my stuff! lol,im excited to see sara's anwsers and do this project, when i think of led i think of you thats for sure:high-five:

holy moose Taylor thats a nice thing to say im quite flattered! :thanks: i will admit i looked at the number of visitors/views on my journals and i was amazed at the numbers,seems alot of ppl have had a look, i know that i tend to run things i see working for and endorsed by the growers that i admire & follow so i can see why you say that, and jon is a grow beast anything he's doing is worth a closer look, im a simple & humble man so i feel humbled and honored by your remarks, thank you again i do my best to give the community the best & most exciting and honest info and journal i can:high-five::peace:

The reason im asking you these questions is your prices are very very good! I paid more than twice what you are charging for your 328 x 3w diode light which is comparable to my lights. For some reason I cant get on your site to post the link right now. Another question is the cooling fans, theres only 4 in that unit? how hot do they run?
i also thought the prices were quite impressive, i have been waiting for a led producer to come along that offers a top notch light at great prices im sure hoping this is that company,and you better believe if it is i will work very hard to make sure ppl know about them,just like i do for BPN &JDL:high-five:

I am looking to upgrade from hps to led and will be following both growers if this test is run.
Well LF i look fwd to having you along if it happens, im getting more & more excited and pumped up to get it going, i have already picked out some new & old strains :high-five::thumb:

BID and I already have youtube channels that we showcase our grows on, your lights will be in those videos.
I want to test your lights Sara, Ive already tested mine and am very happy with them, but like I said im looking to buy 6-8 more large lights so if I can test one before I purchase them that would be exellent.
What I ment was I would replace one of my lights with one of yours so we can see a side by side comparison, I"ve aready shown everybody here at 420 that my lights work very well, if I get simillar results with your lights not only will I buy from you but im sure others here will too.

Can we have the angles of the lenses changed?

yes, most of led grow light are made in China. no matter good quality or bad quality. they are made in China for sure. We have been on this market more than 5years. so we have enough skills to make a good product. We give all customers three years warranty. three years, it is not a short time. if we make bad quality product. and we give customers three years warranty, everytime customers lights has problem, we will ship new replacement parts to them ASAP. Ship from China to all over the world. it will cost much. if we ship two times replacement part to one customer, we will lose money on that order. so in order to make money. we'd like to make high quality product. this is win-win business. we were benefit for it. so we will keep it. We hope all of us will be benefit for it in the near future.

If you order the lights from China, the price will be the same or near. but if you order from USA or Canada, the price will be very high for sure. some of our customers make 1000USD gross profit on 324x3w light. Some customers think expensive thing are good. but sometimes that is a mistake.

The light has 4big fans in the light. also it has big heatsink installed in. the heat is not a problem. the light is 25~35°C usually. winter will be a bit lower. it will be affected by envirnment.

The former question, I will answer a bit late, I am asking factory to take some real CREE pictures for me.then I will show you. we imported from USA(arror) to make led aquarium light.but we did not install on led grow light, because we think Epistar is the best chip for led grow light becuase it has many different spectrums, that means we can make full spectrum. besides, it's quality is good, price is also acceptable. CREE is too expensive. customer can not afford it untill now.
The reason im asking you these questions is your prices are very very good! I paid more than twice what you are charging for your 328 x 3w diode light which is comparable to my lights. For some reason I cant get on your site to post the link right now. Another question is the cooling fans, theres only 4 in that unit? how hot do they run?

I tested the temperature in our testing room last year. that day we are testing our led aquarium light, so you can see the temperature is not too high. why I told you your temperature will be higher than ours, because your space is limited. our space is very big. so tempareture will be different.
009781.jpg

I tested the temperature in our testing room last year. that day we are testing our led aquarium light, so you can see the temperature is not too high. why I told you your temperature will be higher than ours, because your space is limited. our space is very big. so tempareture will be different.
009781.jpg
I now have complete control of my enviroment, I will be keeping the tempurature during lights on at 78 degrees and 70 degrees lights off

yes, we can make 60,90 and 120 , you can choose the one you want. Usually we make red and blue and IR 90degree. and white we make 120degree. because white is very strong. so we use 120.

We buy led diode from Epistar, the Taiwan company.

Actually,Although we are factory, we can not make everything ourself. we'd like to find profesional supplier make for us. this way can improve the light quality and will not cost too much.

Yes, Epistar led is different with CREE, so they can not solder on the same PCB. but I were told that some people also purchase CREE chip to make the same way as Epistar. so they can use it. but it is really very hard to judge which one is the right one. here has too many fake things. We import our CREE diodes from USA, we have one friend working for CREE. so we will get the good one at good price. CREE is very expensive. so if seller tell you they use CREE, and their price is the same with us, the CREE has problem for sure:)

Back
Top Bottom