Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

High Gf, long time :circle-of-love:
We send the light to test in a commercial grow, we did not send one out any other place yet. :circle-of-love: Though we will giving out one here, and the lucky one still not been decided yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I believe you will be very pleased with this light, :thumb: So far I love it the most, lol :thumb:
Can't wait to check out the new chips. Is cofinest running the new Cree chip?

I&I

High oinnk, thanks for stopping by. :circle-of-love: Below is some basic information of our cree lights, all the chips are using Cree ones, no Epistar (we can use Epistars on the lights, but I guess most of you would love to use Cree chips even it will be more expensive)
Depends on how much better lumen/watt Cree has over Epistar and how much more lumen/dollar Cree will end up costing us.
, it is a completed a new design, and only our company has it. We are trying to protect our design, that is why the patent process takes soo long time. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Haha, are you saying that someone actually enforces patents in China? Isn't eBay full of all kinds of fakes and no one can do anything about it, not even the big companies? :p Everyone is copying off everyone else :D
1:size:480x310x125mm
So just based on the size of the product, I would guess it'll be around 400-500W draw power?
2: LED spectrum: CREE XPE series 630nm 460nm and white ;XHP70 660nm./ CREE do not have IR and 440nm, you can check on there website.
First of all, Wow! the Cree XHP70 is a total beast of a white led! 4-dies on single 7x7mm package and 32W maximum power with 4022 lumen output. Nice! :) How the heck are you gonna keep these cool? :p Interesting design choice that you would mix such high power diodes with the XP-E diodes which are only 3.5W each.

I did a quick google image search for chlorophyll peak absorption wavelengths and all the graphs looked a lot like this:
I would think that these wavelengths are the ones to focus on?

So looking at what is available for Cree XP-E:
So optimally you would want to focus on "Photo Red" and "Royal Blue" and throw in some "Red" too. And if using the white diodes from XP-E series, you would want a mixture of the 2600K ones and the 3700K ones.

Of course the XHP70-series has much more powerful white diodes available, that come in these two spectrums:
The 3000K version seems more important for growing weed, but perhaps it would be nice to have some of that 6500K for veg.

3: this is a reflector light, no lens, 100degree reflector.
Yeah, I prefer this over the losses/cost that a diffuser/lensing would add.
4: Esteemed preselling date :Aug,1.2015
5: Price: undecided yet
6: Coverage: 2'x4' at the hight of 24''
7: Location: China, we do not have those lights stock in every warehouse before Sep. 2015.
8: LED amount: 128pieces.
And here are some reference pictures: :circle-of-love:
QQ_20150311140936.jpg
QQ_20150311140914.jpg
Well those diodes do not look like Cree leds? It looks like there are 4 small dies on a single package without any integrated lensing. The XP-E leds would be single die per package. So this form factor could not possibly house 128 leds if using Crees?
There will be a remote control for you to control the time and spectrum, and you can check the room temperature and humity on it. :thumb:
The light will have an integrated timer to turn it on and off?

Sara, I just recently(about 2 months ago) purchased another one of the Mars II series 400 watt panel and today when I checked out the light half the panel was extremely dim and a couple of diodes are completely out. I am in the middle of flowering and it's currently the only light I have to use right now so I was just wondering what you would recommend for me to do? Is there any way yall can offer a light for me to use while you fix my light or do I have to send it in and risk ruining my crop? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Sara!!

Got my order today =) I must say upon opening the package containing the mars2 700 full spectrum I was impressed on the weight. I was worried it would feel lighter. I've run the lights and everything seems fine, bright as shit. I also grabed there 2'3"x2'3" tent. I was also impressed with the weight of the polls and sturdiness. The tent on the other hand . Few light leaks around the zipper and the bottom air inlet's other then that I'm happy so far. This well be my first indoor start to finish. I've only done this out side and veg clones under t5s. I've got to go pick up my SeaSoil today and pots and then we well start germ and embark on our journey, lol. Oh and if I read the original shipping address it was either Concord Ontario or Mississauga ontario. I'm in both city's everyday, 5 days a week lol. Anyways thanks Sara and Mars.

wow that look very nice this new panel

"There will be a remote control for you to control the time and spectrum, and you can check the room temperature and humity on it"

amazing!

please tell me Sara .... the Mars 2 and reflector series will be ugraded to cree chips too? with theses new options?

and please tell me .... there will be a Dimming fonction too for that new panel? hope so, it will be complete control for us and i think you can do it with Cree chips. dimming capabilitys is very usefull for my setting. 0-100% is perfect but 25-75% can be good too.

tyvm for your help

Hey there :420: friends and Mars-Hydro lovers. I thought I'd share a couple of pics that were taken in the Ganja Grove this morning. The girls just love waking up to those Sun Series LED's.
:circle-of-love:

UncleC's Ganja Grove - Girl Scout Cookies / Soviet Ripper / Amnesia
Flowering times vary from 2 days to 2 weeks in for the girls that are in the wicker baskets.
There are 2 girls in 1 gal pots that are at about 6 weeks. These 2 were a couple of clones that were put outside to die about 6 weeks ago when thinning out the herd in the veg tent but instead of dying they stayed healthy and began flowering. They finished their quarantine period about a week ago and will finish their days in the Grove amongst the new girls.
thumb_IMG_0855_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0854_1024.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies clone in a 1 gal pot. About week 6 or so of flowering.
thumb_IMG_0852_1024.jpg

Soviet Ripper clone in a 1 gal pot. About week 6 or so of flowering.
thumb_IMG_0851_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0839_1024.jpg

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

:circle-of-love: Yes tonydavis,we only use Epistars so far, and the Cree light is a big steps moving forward, lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
If I am not mistaken your Mars II series is with Epistar leds? And now you are making a light panel with Cree leds?

High CptnFantasy, can you email me with your light picture, order number and shipping address, we will handle it accordingly. :high-five:
Sara, I just recently(about 2 months ago) purchased another one of the Mars II series 400 watt panel and today when I checked out the light half the panel was extremely dim and a couple of diodes are completely out. I am in the middle of flowering and it's currently the only light I have to use right now so I was just wondering what you would recommend for me to do? Is there any way yall can offer a light for me to use while you fix my light or do I have to send it in and risk ruining my crop? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Sara!!

Thank you SmokingYoda, hope you grow well with our light and tent, :thumb: Can you sharing some pictures? lol :Namaste:
Got my order today =) I must say upon opening the package containing the mars2 700 full spectrum I was impressed on the weight. I was worried it would feel lighter. I've run the lights and everything seems fine, bright as shit. I also grabed there 2'3"x2'3" tent. I was also impressed with the weight of the polls and sturdiness. The tent on the other hand . Few light leaks around the zipper and the bottom air inlet's other then that I'm happy so far. This well be my first indoor start to finish. I've only done this out side and veg clones under t5s. I've got to go pick up my SeaSoil today and pots and then we well start germ and embark on our journey, lol. Oh and if I read the original shipping address it was either Concord Ontario or Mississauga ontario. I'm in both city's everyday, 5 days a week lol. Anyways thanks Sara and Mars.

High DarkSidoMike, I know you all will be interested, lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
But the Mars II or the reflector will not be upgrated to Cree chips, they are different design, not everyone can afford the Cree chips any way. :Namaste:
wow that look very nice this new panel

"There will be a remote control for you to control the time and spectrum, and you can check the room temperature and humity on it"

amazing!

please tell me Sara .... the Mars 2 and reflector series will be ugraded to cree chips too? with theses new options?

and please tell me .... there will be a Dimming fonction too for that new panel? hope so, it will be complete control for us and i think you can do it with Cree chips. dimming capabilitys is very usefull for my setting. 0-100% is perfect but 25-75% can be good too.

tyvm for your help
And yes, the Cree lights have the dimming function, :thumb: I know you are totally buying it now, lol :circle-of-love:

High RootSpaGurus, we only sell the old model on EB and Amazon now, if the store states 60x5w light, then the 100x3w is out of stock for that place, :Namaste: You can send PM to the store to check if there is any in our Factory or not :Namaste:
Where can i get 300 watt 3 watt led version (the older version) seems everyone has the 60x5 and i need the 100x3 model, someone quote me a price for 2 panels.
By the way, why you need the 100x3w ones? The 60x5w is apparently better, :circle-of-love:

Happy Monday UncleCanabis, very impressive growing there,. :thumb: Seems very yummy, I bet the smelling is fantastic :cheer::cheer:
Hey there :420: friends and Mars-Hydro lovers. I thought I'd share a couple of pics that were taken in the Ganja Grove this morning. The girls just love waking up to those Sun Series LED's.
:circle-of-love:

UncleC's Ganja Grove - Girl Scout Cookies / Soviet Ripper / Amnesia
Flowering times vary from 2 days to 2 weeks in for the girls that are in the wicker baskets.
There are 2 girls in 1 gal pots that are at about 6 weeks. These 2 were a couple of clones that were put outside to die about 6 weeks ago when thinning out the herd in the veg tent but instead of dying they stayed healthy and began flowering. They finished their quarantine period about a week ago and will finish their days in the Grove amongst the new girls.
thumb_IMG_0855_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0854_1024.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies clone in a 1 gal pot. About week 6 or so of flowering.
thumb_IMG_0852_1024.jpg

Soviet Ripper clone in a 1 gal pot. About week 6 or so of flowering.
thumb_IMG_0851_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0839_1024.jpg

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

Back
Top Bottom