Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Have you found adding. HPS and LED in same room benefits or fights each other in terms of penetration and what works better!
:passitleft: From the spectrum, there is a comparison below so you might have an idea on this: HPS has more orange, green, yellow, which plants don't need too much; While LEDs offers plants what they want most blue and red; So even LED needs the same wattage to get the same yeild as HPS to some degree, the quality is much different as well :D
1539047791184.png

It's pretty common to mix CMH with HPS to give the HPS a more complete spectrum, and studies have found the plants perform better under the mixed spectrum. I assume the same would be true if you mixed HPS with LED, but much more expensive.
Yeah, always mix the better, haha :cool:

Welcome back sara

Though I’d share my review I grew my chemdawg auto under your reflector during flowering this summer( late ) and wanaabke to catch it in time and let me tell you the reflector 144 can still preform after how many years ?

Just wanted to say I’m one very happy customer sara.

Much love from Canada ✊

Thanks Kingjoe83. :circle-of-love: glad you love our lights, we will also keep on making great models for you. :D And happy legalization in advance! :yahoo:

Damn it sara I don’t have money right now or I’d be hitting that up so fast :Namaste:
The promotion will last from 17th to the end of this month. :D Maybe you can catch it? :goodluck:
And by the way, the discount code is: LegalCA from our official website :theband:

Discount!? 10%!? Hmmm there may be a purchase in the near future!!

Go Canada Legalization!! Finally !:slide::slide:
I am super happy for the Legalization, it is like a dream come true for a long time! Though I am not in Canada, I follow this legalization a long time, from 2015 till now it is truely happend ! Super happy and excited indeed !:theband: By the way, the discount code would be: LegalCA from our official website from 17th to the end of this month :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hello everyone, As a led grow light manufacture in China, I am very happy that I am here, be a sponsor. although we have been in this field many years, our online shop just get online this month. in order to celebrate it, we decided to give $20,$40....coupon to customers. more light you order, more discount you will get. also, all the customers will get yo-yo hanger as gift if you order within this month.

Here in China we are forbidden to growing cannabis, so if you can send me some pictures or vedio of your grow journal, maybe you can get big gift from us, we'd like to give our led grow light to you as gift:)

If you want to save money,want to get high quality product, good after service. we are the best choice. we have lights stock in USA these two days. address is :
Address: 1937 Davis Street Ste. B Unit 31
City: San Leandro
State: California
Postal Code: 94577

I believe there has someone know there has a warehouse, so this information is a truth. we will also have stock lights in other country, UK's stock lights is on their way. as soon as they arrive, I will tell you. All the lights we are selling have enough in stock, so we will arrange your shipment within 24hours. if you customzie your light, delivery date will be 7days., because we need time to make and test the light for you. we are far from each other. we'd like to promise everything is ok before we ship light.

Warranty, we give all customers three years warranty.

More details, please visit our website(TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,grow light reflecto) or E-mail me. if necessary, I will tell all people here. My English ability is limited, so I am shy to advertise here.:)

We are a led grow light manufacture, so if you have any good ideas on led grow light, please feel free to tell me. we'd like to take your idea to make better and better led grow light for all growners.

Hope all of you grow happy with our LED grow light. :Namaste::high-five::cheer:

Midway through first grow, check my journal before judging.

I see you're a sponsor, so I'll go a little further to assist you. The main problem you and other mfg's have is an un-educated consumer. They don't know what to do with PAR values, even if they understand their significance. I have similar lights and see what I've done by just watering with correct Ph and understanding where I'm at re; PAR. You may PM me if you want elaboration.

While free stuff is always nice, helping is motivation enough for me. That you sponsor this place increases your 'face' in my esteem. That you worded your request and came across as you did made me want to help, not the carrot dangled in front of me. (Did I mention free stuff was always nice? :mrgreen:) ) :cool:

I remember someone asked me before about the COB feedback? Maybe follow up on COFINEST here? He just got one of our COB. :D

I see you're a sponsor, so I'll go a little further to assist you. The main problem you and other mfg's have is an un-educated consumer. They don't know what to do with PAR values, even if they understand their significance. I have similar lights and see what I've done by just watering with correct Ph and understanding where I'm at re; PAR. You may PM me if you want elaboration.

While free stuff is always nice, helping is motivation enough for me. That you sponsor this place increases your 'face' in my esteem. That you worded your request and came across as you did made me want to help, not the carrot dangled in front of me. (Did I mention free stuff was always nice? :mrgreen:) ) :cool:
Thank you bustedfist, I am following your grow journal, and we can see you are very professuional and responsible, if we have any needs in future, will definitely let you know. :goodjob:

Thank you bustedfist, I am following your grow journal, and we can see you are very professuional and responsible, if we have any needs in future, will definitely let you know. :goodjob:

Thank you! Again,no pressure, just an offer to help. I'm 'comfortable' as I am. I have a course set, regardless. I see what's wrong with the picture so I can cut to the chase, if that translates? :cool:

I think you may be confusing PAR with PPFD! ;)

I think you may be confusing PAR with PPFD! ;)

Ok, I'm always open for correction, let me have it like I'm in Kindergarten. I love critique and loathe smoke-blowing, IYKWIMAITYD. I haven't Googled, yet. I like to test my deductive reasoning every chance I get.

Am I using it incorrectly in that I should be using PPFD (heard it, don't recall specifics) to explain the concentration alone? I can see that. Should I be using 'PAR' when explaining concentration combined with spectrum?

Ok, I'm always open for correction, let me have it like I'm in Kindergarten. I love critique and loathe smoke-blowing, IYKWIMAITYD. I haven't Googled, yet. I like to test my deductive reasoning every chance I get.

Am I using it incorrectly in that I should be using PPFD (heard it, don't recall specifics) to explain the concentration alone? I can see that. Should I be using 'PAR' when explaining concentration combined with spectrum?

PAR is Photosynthetic Active Radiation which are the frequencies of light used for photosynthesis. This is light between 400 and 700nm and is the only parts of the light spectrum used for photosynthesis. These PAR values correspond to the wavelengths of the lights in an LED fixture.

PPFD is Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density and refers to the amount of PAR that actually arrives at the plant and is measured in micromoles per square meter per second (μmol/m2/s).

You really can't control the PAR. The lighting manufacturer does that when they select the wavelenghts of the chips. The distance from the plant determines the PPFD (how much of the PAR they receive).

Personally, although I understand it (a little!), I've never bothered to measure the PPFD. I start with the manufacturer's recommended distance from the plant (assuming they did the research on PPFD! :D ), then either move the light closer or back it off depending on how the plants respond with the goal to get them as close as possible to the light without them showing any negative reaction.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

PAR is Photosynthetic Active Radiation which are the frequencies of light used for photosynthesis. This is light between 400 and 700nm and is the only parts of the light spectrum used for photosynthesis. These PAR values correspond to the wavelengths of the lights in an LED fixture.

PPFD is Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density and refers to the amount of PAR that actually arrives at the plant and is measured in micromoles per square meter per second (μmol/m2/s).

You really can't control the PAR. The lighting manufacturer does that when they select the wavelenghts of the chips. The distance from the plant determines the PPFD (how much of the PAR they receive).

Personally, although I understand it (a little!), I've never bothered to measure the PPFD. I start with the manufacturer's recommended distance from the plant (assuming they did the research on PPFD! :D ), then either move the light closer or back it off depending on how the plants respond with the goal to get them as close as possible to the light without them showing any negative reaction.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

Thank You! You're the first person I'm following, you're the only one who's corrected me.

That's exactly how I thought it was, but during my research I saw PAR being used in a general sense and carried it over as it's what people would recognize in the ads they were viewing. Always bothered me that I knew the term was not being used precisely, just went with the flow for common understanding's sake.

I said somewhere that I thought it should be photosynthetic activating radiation to be precise. How can radiation be photosynthetically active? It can't, it activates photosynthesis.

I'm chuffed. Even though I had it straight in my mind (in hindsight) the confirmation clears any lingering doubt.

Thanks again. :cool:

Thank You! You're the first person I'm following, you're the only one who's corrected me.

That's exactly how I thought it was, but during my research I saw PAR being used in a general sense and carried it over as it's what people would recognize in the ads they were viewing. Always bothered me that I knew the term was not being used precisely, just went with the flow for common understanding's sake.

I said somewhere that I thought it should be photosynthetic activating radiation to be precise. How can radiation be photosynthetically active? It can't, it activates photosynthesis.

I'm chuffed. Even though I had it straight in my mind (in hindsight) the confirmation clears any lingering doubt.

Thanks again. :cool:

No worries, Brother! I'm happy to help! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom