Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey, those look a whole lot nicer than the... thing I made out of a Mountain Dew bottle. I wonder if we could all sweet-talk Sara and the rest of the folks at Mars-Hydro into dropping a pair of them into the box with the winner's prize? He/she would surely appreciate it.
Good idea, maybe we can choose several lucky ones to get our glasses. ;) :cool::cool::cool:

I just checked their website and they sell "kits" (tent plus LED panel), so I chose the 4'x4' size and looked at the choices. They show a Mars pro II 1600w Epistar 320 and a Mars Pro II 1200w Cree 256 option as the top two choices for that size tent kit, so you could probably consider those your two best choices if you wish to use only one LED panel to cover the tent. Neither product is particularly cheap, but they are both pretty powerful lights and, by their specifications, either should perform great for you. If you plan on growing autoflowering plants in your tent, you should have no problems supporting a "standing room only" (lol) grow.

The Cree model appears to be a little more efficient, a little more powerful, and a little less expensive to run than the Epistar model - but the Epistar model is, I believe, $153 cheaper.

Another option would be to purchase multiple "smaller" LED panels. This would have the benefit of allowing you to position them at different heights - which could be beneficial if you are growing more than one strain at a time and are either unable or unwilling to train all of your plants to be the same height. It might also allow you to reduce shadowed areas and to get some additional benefit from the "third-light effect." I don't know if going with multiple, less powerful LED panels would work out to be more or less expensive than purchasing one powerhouse.

All of the above is strictly my opinion. I'll "shut up" now and see what Sara recommends.
Thanks TS, :thanks:wow, you looks like more professional on our lights now. :D There are actually 3 options, cree 256, epistar 320, and mars ii 1600; Cree is more expensive, and Mars II 1600 uses no reflector cup design, so if money allows, pro II epistar 320 will be the best option. Save more money, but works great! :slide:
The reflector cup design helps different color chips mix well, help the plants get more balanced lights and growing better quality! :circle-of-love:

@TorturedSoul's "opion" is 420% valid! There are some other options and this is a recommendation I gave to someone who had already purchased an "unsuitable" (136w) light and I had just informed it would not work for his 4'x4':
I use (2) Reflector 144's in my 4'x4', which, as TS pointed out, let's me put the two lights at different heights, if needed for the plants, and gives some redundancy in case one light fails.
Yeah, more options, with several smaller lights as well, :D

I need more lighting lol..
my 600w HPS is great but I want to add LEDs beside it for the beneficial full spectrum and the addictions resin production. I also have my second small tent now I would love to setup with an LED that I could be comfortable growing a full cycle under if needed per day if my big tent is full at the time!

Ohh the joys of growing and the expenses of lights !
Haha, they say in winter leds with HPS can work very great, help the buds bigger and denser and also better quality. :slide:

Ok ok good info krip. Ive seen the reflector series going pretty cheap that would probably be my first option to dip my toe in the LED pond. If i enjoy them i will upgrade at some point. Especially if the summer is hot as it was this year. Im hopin for a marked temp drop compared to HID
I've repeatedly said how impressed I've been with the Reflectors considering their price point. I don't know if you caught these two posts I made last night (they got buried pretty quick! :D ):

Though reflector is cheaper, but the growing result is not cheaper. We also have project growers who using whole reflector series, it is our first version of reflector design and Mars pro II is upgraded from the reflector design as well, so you know how much we like this kind. :D

I do like your lights, but I have two identical lights giving off differnt colors? I don’t know if you can tell by the photo... Maybe a switch in LED manufacturers???
I checked and both veg and flower lights are on with both lights. I’m not really happy about it. If you notice a lot more red on the left and more blue to the right.
:confused:

I believe it is because we upgraded the spectrum. Some said that the lights not very good for flowering, so add more red, therefore your plants should benefit more during flowering. :circle-of-love:

Just a Noob trying his luck

#marshydrorock

Amazing Haze. All pictures are the same cola. Taken in different light and angles.
Thanks for sharing Teddy! Very nice flowering! :thumb: Good luck to all! :love:

Thank you everyone for the support! :D That is 420 magazine fun! :cool::cool::cool: Don't forget to enjoy your weekend and also share great picture here and inviting more friends to participate! :rollit:Except for the winner, my boss says, we can choose 5 lucky ones to get our mars hydro glasses as well! Good luck to all! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

:Namaste: without your support, we cannot be great :Namaste:
Your lights will speak for themselves it’s what you guys do like contest like this that make it even happier to enjoy . So thank you I am Just trying to grow some beautiful plants that I see some as art . Something beautiful

Your lights will speak for themselves it’s what you guys do like contest like this that make it even happier to enjoy . So thank you I am Just trying to grow some beautiful plants that I see some as art . Something beautiful
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom