Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi sara. Heres another update for you on the 2 tsl2000 lights. They are truly brilliant and have killed my HPS by a mile on half the electricity costs too. The recovery from a major defoliation and re tying down is so rapid. It can only be the lights that have changed the speed i am used to getting. Heat is great too , we are in a heatwave here in the UK and i had no worries about too much in the grow room thanks to the lights.
heres a couple of pics.

Trimmed out and tied down again.9pm b.s.t
20190627_213103.jpg
20190627_213107.jpg

A vision of Mars through the canopy
20190628_154715.jpg
20190628_154734.jpg
20190628_154747.jpg

9am B.s.t ( 12 hours later)
20190628_155015.jpg
20190628_155026.jpg
20190628_155043.jpg

I love these lights. now flipped to flowering so lets see how they do with that.

@SmokeSara can you or anyone else give me a suggestion on a good light to add with my Eco 600. I have it in a 2x4 tent and I'm trying to grow 4 plants. I'm only in week 4 of veg but I think it would be a good idea to give them some more light for flowering.??????
Nola,
I'm assuming you mean that you have the 600W ECO120. You could add an ECO60 (300W) to your tent. You'd have the same type of light throughout the tent. At $73.79 before discounts, this is your lowest cost option.

The next step up I'd recommend is adding the TS-1000 to your current light. At $129 it's more expensive, but you'd have a better light in half of your tent.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend replacing your current lights with the TSL-2000 or SP-250. They cost more at $249 and $259 but they are more efficient, putting out more light per watt than the ECO series. My wife won a TSL-2000, and I'm quite impressed with it. Growth has been far better than with the King X6 1800W Dimmable grow light I had been using.

Hope this helps...

Nola,
I'm assuming you mean that you have the 600W ECO120. You could add an ECO60 (300W) to your tent. You'd have the same type of light throughout the tent. At $73.79 before discounts, this is your lowest cost option.

The next step up I'd recommend is adding the TS-1000 to your current light. At $129 it's more expensive, but you'd have a better light in half of your tent.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend replacing your current lights with the TSL-2000 or SP-250. They cost more at $249 and $259 but they are more efficient, putting out more light per watt than the ECO series. My wife won a TSL-2000, and I'm quite impressed with it. Growth has been far better than with the King X6 1800W Dimmable grow light I had been using.

Hope this helps...
Wow wish I would've seen the TSL 2000 before I purchased the ECO 600 as the coverage would have been perfect for my tent. I'm still pretty new to this but does the white light technology have the same efficiency as the traditional style?

Wow wish I would've seen the TSL 2000 before I purchased the ECO 600 as the coverage would have been perfect for my tent. I'm still pretty new to this but does the white light technology have the same efficiency as the traditional style?
Many of us prefer it. I can't say if it's better or worse, as I've only had the light for a month. The plants in my tent are growing faster than the ones I had under the King X6. The plants are a different strains, so that can also be a factor.

Many of us prefer it. I can't say if it's better or worse, as I've only had the light for a month. The plants in my tent are growing faster than the ones I had under the King X6. The plants are a different strains, so that can also be a factor.
Looking at the TSL 2000 now and I must say that is one very generous gift to be won lol far as the heat goes is it that bad?

I don't think the total amount of heat produced is any more than an equivalent light with fans. Because there are no cooling fans the temperature of the light is higher than one with fans.

Think of a 1KW heater with the fan on, and off. It generates the same amount of heat in both instances, but the temperature of the heater will be higher without the running fan.

Hey Sara! I rigged up a 120mm case fan to an old wall wart power adapter, and I just laid the case fan on top of the light, and WOW holy smokes!! What a huge difference in the temperature! It's barely even warm with this fan just laying on top running. If people worry about the heat, tell them to do this This is the way I'm going to run mine from now on. I think it will help to last longer maybe. ;):)
20190630_081633.jpg

Hey Sara! I rigged up a 120mm case fan to an old wall wart power adapter, and I just laid the case fan on top of the light, and WOW holy smokes!! What a huge difference in the temperature! It's barely even warm with this fan just laying on top running. If people worry about the heat, tell them to do this This is the way I'm going to run mine from now on. I think it will help to last longer maybe. ;):)
20190630_081633.jpg

Did the temperature of the circuit board with the LEDs drop as well?

Did the temperature of the circuit board with the LEDs drop as well?

On the top surface it did yes. I dont have one of those gauges with the laser that measures surface temps, if you know what I'm talking about. But just by touching with my hands, that entire top surface is so much cooler, it kind of surprises me that a small case fan makes that much difference. I've never touched underneath where the LED's are while the light is on. Not sure if thats what you meant by circuit board with LED's. That hot top surface was my concern where the driver is, and I've seen a few other places that people are pointing those small clip on fans at the tops of the lights. I dont have anything to clip onto thats close enough for me to do that, so I thought of this. Hope it will help others looking for a quick cheap solution. I dont have a big setup. I'm just a closet grower, but it shocks me what I can get off of one plant in a bedroom closet with an LED light. :laugh:

Yes, I meant the surface with the LEDs. I intend to move the power supplies out of the tent after my current grow finishes. With my old 'blurple' of the same power draw I was getting up to 1/2 lb from a 2' X 4' tent. This grow won't be a good comparison, as I'm growing different strains, and going for seed. The plants will be smaller, so less harvest.

Hi sara. Heres another update for you on the 2 tsl2000 lights. They are truly brilliant and have killed my HPS by a mile on half the electricity costs too. The recovery from a major defoliation and re tying down is so rapid. It can only be the lights that have changed the speed i am used to getting. Heat is great too , we are in a heatwave here in the UK and i had no worries about too much in the grow room thanks to the lights.
heres a couple of pics.

Trimmed out and tied down again.9pm b.s.t
20190627_213103.jpg
20190627_213107.jpg

A vision of Mars through the canopy
20190628_154715.jpg
20190628_154734.jpg
20190628_154747.jpg

9am B.s.t ( 12 hours later)
20190628_155015.jpg
20190628_155026.jpg
20190628_155043.jpg

I love these lights. now flipped to flowering so lets see how they do with that.
Hi Ganja, those are great pictures, you mind us sharing on other places. haha! :surf:

Hi Sara one more question. Does the Eco 600 have any infrared lights ?
Hi Nola, yes, all the ECO lights has IR chips, feel free to get one. ;)

She is into flower about a week now, really doing a big stretch, pushing those tops out into view. Been eating so much too :popcorn: Seems like I have to click the light up another notch or two everyday.
:ganjamon:That is great! :theband: Will you do some LST or scrog? :green_heart:

@SmokeSara can you or anyone else give me a suggestion on a good light to add with my Eco 600. I have it in a 2x4 tent and I'm trying to grow 4 plants. I'm only in week 4 of veg but I think it would be a good idea to give them some more light for flowering.??????
Hi Nola, the ECO 600 is around 250w, you can add another ECO 300 to get around 45w/sft, so that you will get great flower. ;)

Looking at the TSL 2000 now and I must say that is one very generous gift to be won lol far as the heat goes is it that bad?
Hi Nola, if you won't use the current ECO 600, you can also try the TSL 2000, it will give you very good coverage and also save a little bit energy. ;) (ECO will use at least 360w, this one one use 300w) :ganjamon:

20190630_081633.jpg
Hi nobody, yes, as long as a normal fan is used, the temperature will go down dramaticly. Not to mention you usd it above the power supply,it will help even more. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom