Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

We've already screwed up the climate enough that it's getting really hard to predict/plan for the weather. This time last year, it was still too hot to run a grow indoors here. Last week, I was wearing a t-shirt and sweating as I mowed the grass - 36 hours later, overnight, it dropped down to 16°F (-8.9°C) and snowed.

Which sucks, because I haven't fired up my furnace yet (and don't want to :( ). On the other hand, I'm guessing it won't be too hot to run some Mars-Hydro lights ;) .

Wow, the temperature difference is so big! :eek: Take care, don't get cold!
We've already screwed up the climate enough that it's getting really hard to predict/plan for the weather. This time last year, it was still too hot to run a grow indoors here. Last week, I was wearing a t-shirt and sweating as I mowed the grass - 36 hours later, overnight, it dropped down to 16°F (-8.9°C) and snowed.

Which sucks, because I haven't fired up my furnace yet (and don't want to :( ). On the other hand, I'm guessing it won't be too hot to run some Mars-Hydro lights ;) .

Got my final weight on my Dark Devil auto and M.O.B auto.
DDA total was 190gr of flower including 28g fluffy/airy bud and 16g sugar shake.
This plant alone blew my entire previous grow out of the water.
M.O.B auto yielded 176g of flower and 20g sugar shake.

The 2 plants were started around 40 days apart but DDA took longer than I expected to finish while MOB finished almost exactly on time.
Over 360g off 2 autoflower plants is pretty damn good if you ask me lol

... :thumb: ...that's a nice pull on the DDA...you're the only person I've seen get a green pheno...from what I've seen of purple one's(mine included) they are generally lower yielder's...although I did see one nice one, a friend of a friend grew that was a beauty...

Congrats on the Harvest!...:yahoo:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:

DDA total was 190gr of flower including 28g fluffy/airy bud and 16g sugar shake.

Nice! I'm going to tell my buddy what your harvest amount was. One plant, right? He was bummed because he only got two ounces. His grow was ever so slightly half-assed, so he assumed he might have done a little better, but has no idea how much better.

a friend of a friend grew that was a beauty...

LMAO, and - coincidentally - that's the plant my buddy grew! He only got a couple ounces, if I remember correctly. Was a pretty plant, though, although that's about 297th on the list of things to care about (IMHO). His was a simple grow: A five-gallon GeoPot full of 37.5% Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, 37.5% Fox Farm Happy Frog, and 25% perlite, with approximately half the "label dosage" of Osmocote Plus mixed into it. He mostly just gave it plain (tap) water, and didn't do any pH adjusting. Light was from a Mars II 900 (around 354 watts, I think), and it was in a space too large for the light with mylar emergency blankets used for reflective material. Lowest of low-budget grows, lol; I gave him everything but the light (the seed was given to me by someone who had it given to them - kindness tends to spread like oil around here some days), and SweetSue was kind enough to win that for him when SmokeSara did the giveaway last year. So you could say he still got his money's worth ;) . I had hoped that he'd have been able to get a tent by now (I've strongly recommended the Mars-Hydro 39"x39"x70" one as best fitting his needs, abilities, and available lighting), but he's poor like me, so that hasn't happened.

Nice! I'm going to tell my buddy what your harvest amount was. One plant, right? He was bummed because he only got two ounces. His grow was ever so slightly half-assed, so he assumed he might have done a little better, but has no idea how much better.

LMAO, and - coincidentally - that's the plant my buddy grew! He only got a couple ounces, if I remember correctly. Was a pretty plant, though, although that's about 297th on the list of things to care about (IMHO). His was a simple grow: A five-gallon GeoPot full of 37.5% Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, 37.5% Fox Farm Happy Frog, and 25% perlite, with approximately half the "label dosage" of Osmocote Plus mixed into it. He mostly just gave it plain (tap) water, and didn't do any pH adjusting. Light was from a Mars II 900 (around 354 watts, I think), and it was in a space too large for the light with mylar emergency blankets used for reflective material. Lowest of low-budget grows, lol; I gave him everything but the light (the seed was given to me by someone who had it given to them - kindness tends to spread like oil around here some days), and SweetSue was kind enough to win that for him when SmokeSara did the giveaway last year. So you could say he still got his money's worth ;) . I had hoped that he'd have been able to get a tent by now (I've strongly recommended the Mars-Hydro 39"x39"x70" one as best fitting his needs, abilities, and available lighting), but he's poor like me, so that hasn't happened.
Yes, 190 grams off the one DDA. Thats 6.78 oz :)

Got my final weight on my Dark Devil auto and M.O.B auto.
This plant alone blew my entire previous grow out of the water.
M.O.B auto yielded 176g of flower and 20g sugar shake.

The 2 plants were started around 40 days apart but DDA took longer than I expected to finish while MOB finished almost exactly on time.
Over 360g off 2 autoflower plants is pretty damn good if you ask me lol
Hi Knife, Congrats on the harvest firstly, that is around 1.5g/w , I am sure you will do better and better in future. :thumb: how can I forget to add your journal link, I will have to add it. Those buds are amazing! :green_heart:

... :thumb: ...that's a nice pull on the DDA...you're the only person I've seen get a green pheno...from what I've seen of purple one's(mine included) they are generally lower yielder's...although I did see one nice one, a friend of a friend grew that was a beauty...

Congrats on the Harvest!...:yahoo:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:
Best time to upgrade lights is Black Friday, and it is just around one week away. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have more faith in the lights. :yahoo:Keep up the great work Knife! :circle-of-love:
Yes, 190 grams off the one DDA. Thats 6.78 oz :)

hahaha...that's why I said a friend of a friend...beautiful structure...would have guessed a lil more weight tho'

He gave me a bit. Was "bulky," if you know what I mean. He liked the strain, and hopes to grow it again when (if) his current circumstances improve. I guess he's got a neighbor right now who's gotten out of trouble a couple times by turning narc on others, and for some reason nobody has shot her yet, lol. So he's scared to run another "uncontained" grow. Lives in an apartment instead of a house, so his neighbors are kind of in his lap.

To add to that, I have read that Dark Devil Auto isn't exactly known for being a high-yielding strain, so that makes this an even greater accomplishment, IMHO.
Really? Oh you make me even happier now! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom