Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi @fanleaf, I was wondering if you'd mind me asking (as I'm still on my first grow ). Why do you run both veg and bloom switch on tour lights at all times, does that not disrupt the nature of the time and decision of the plant is it just the time difference that you go with for flowering not sure if I'm asking the right question. Why then is there a difference between the 2 light operations why not just sell products as such. Have you found your grows to be beneficial from this decision. Thanx for your time
Fourthree :snowboating:
Hi fourthree, for led grow lights, usually the set up the spectrum botton like this:
- Veg: more blue and white, and some red. When turn the switches on, the light are mostly turned on.
- Bloom: only red and some white. and when only turn this spectrum botton on, the lights are very little turned on.

So during flowering, you will need to turn both switches on, as the swithes are control different spectrum chips, and only combination, you will get full power and spectrum enough for your flowering system. As to why turn both during veg, it is because, more power means better grow. So they prefer to turn both botthons all the way to ensure a better grow. :circle-of-love:

It was a long weekend, thank you everyone for the support all the way, I am going to start the activity thread and give you guys a notify! Cheers!

I just post the activity thread, welcome everyone to join!
:circle-of-love: :circle-of-love: :circle-of-love: :circle-of-love: :circle-of-love:

Almost forget to mention that we have a Combo sales for Canada and EU growers on the SP 250 with some of the blurple lights. Up to 40% off. if you are lucky enough in these area and you are just about to buy lights, this would be a great chance, last one week time. :D

Hi fourthree, for led grow lights, usually the set up the spectrum botton like this:
- Veg: more blue and white, and some red. When turn the switches on, the light are mostly turned on.
- Bloom: only red and some white. and when only turn this spectrum botton on, the lights are very little turned on.

So during flowering, you will need to turn both switches on, as the swithes are control different spectrum chips, and only combination, you will get full power and spectrum enough for your flowering system. As to why turn both during veg, it is because, more power means better grow. So they prefer to turn both botthons all the way to ensure a better grow. :circle-of-love:
Thanks @SmokeSara that totally makes sense and seems quite logical :yummy: , after reading I will switch both V and B switches on in the morning when it's wake up time. Hopefully will help to fatten my lil buddy's:Namaste: 2 more days and week 5 is over (35 days flowering)I'm hoping to see some movement soon, I'm probably not seeing it but things seem to be going slow right now. Hoping to harvest around day 65ish what do you think am I gonna make it??? Looking forwards to my next grow, seeds cracked just over a week ago, starting them outside summer solstice is in 4 days, I think I'll have at least a month of growing oitdoors before the length of the days are noticeably shorter and will be able to put them straight in to veg once the other is done, again thanks for the learning
Fourthree:thumb::snowboating:
20191208_120437.jpg
20191208_120451.jpg

I know the lights can be strong, haha! Great it is all solved now. And you know how to take great pictures ! :circle-of-love:
Thank you Sara. It is easy to forget how strong they are with the white lights and very little heat given off. intensity was overlooked by me and didnt damage them at all . Now they are flowering , I have lowered them a little again and will be in guard.lol I have no regrets at all on buying these amazing efficient lights and will happily recommend them during any comments too. Thanks again for the positive comments and I hope the giant statue they revealed of you at the annual meeting was at the very least gold if not platinum ?. :yahoo: :thumb::green_heart:

Hi @fanleaf, I was wondering if you'd mind me asking (as I'm still on my first grow ). Why do you run both veg and bloom switch on tour lights at all times, does that not disrupt the nature of the time and decision of the plant is it just the time difference that you go with for flowering not sure if I'm asking the right question. Why then is there a difference between the 2 light operations why not just sell products as such. Have you found your grows to be beneficial from this decision. Thanx for your time
Fourthree :snowboating:

My opinion!

Running with just veg lights (when 2 switches offered) is more a power saving aspect than anything else.

Remember when they're growing outside there is no veg/bloom switch, simply a change in hours of daylight and intensity of light (summer/winter).

It's time to start thinking, and trying things out for the upcoming contest:

full

Granddaddy Purple Under the Mars Hydro TSW-2000

The plant is in a Mars Hydro 3' X 3' tent, with an actual footprint of 100cm X 100cm. The plant touches both sides of the tent, or is 100cm in diameter and 82cm tall. I can raise the light another 15-20cm while keeping the proper distance from the canopy. This is possible by replacing the wire hangers with a short piece of chain, and moving the fan and filter out of the tent. The pot is on a Lazy Susan for easy plant maintenance.

A photo editor was used to make the Mars Hydro logo 'pop.' I cut the logo from another image, and pasted it on the light to cover the washed out logo. Another option to consider is a supplemental light focused on the logo.

Presentation will be important. For my contest entries I'll be cleaning the tent, and making everything neat and tidy. The ropes and wires will be hidden as much as possible. The winning entry will probably not be a snapshot, but a well staged image.

I intend to compete, and would like to see quality entries from many of our members. That's why I'm sharing the techniques I'll use. Remember that Mars Hydro wants us to showcase their light.

full
You saying I am a rough arse Salt ??? heehee. for me it's about upshots to hide my scruffy grow space. My kids have messy hair and dried up #11's on their top lip too !!! but they are great kids.heehee
I was THAT kid on school photos who wasnt in a blazer and pushing the kid in front at the crucial moment !!. So wish I could be more professional, nah , who am I kidding . Ganja kills any chance of that.lol

Just ordered my second TSL 2000 today. Plants are gonna love me in a couple days.
Congrats on the new light. I got 4 Mars COBs but my plants are just starting out so I cant really say how they do yet but I am sure they are going to Rock.

Thanks @SmokeSara that totally makes sense and seems quite logical :yummy: , after reading I will switch both V and B switches on in the morning when it's wake up time. Hopefully will help to fatten my lil buddy's:Namaste: 2 more days and week 5 is over (35 days flowering)I'm hoping to see some movement soon, I'm probably not seeing it but things seem to be going slow right now. Hoping to harvest around day 65ish what do you think am I gonna make it??? Looking forwards to my next grow, seeds cracked just over a week ago, starting them outside summer solstice is in 4 days, I think I'll have at least a month of growing oitdoors before the length of the days are noticeably shorter and will be able to put them straight in to veg once the other is done, again thanks for the learning
Fourthree:thumb::snowboating:
20191208_120437.jpg
20191208_120451.jpg
Those flower already looks amazing, I am sure you will get great results later. :D

Thank you Sara. It is easy to forget how strong they are with the white lights and very little heat given off. intensity was overlooked by me and didnt damage them at all . Now they are flowering , I have lowered them a little again and will be in guard.lol I have no regrets at all on buying these amazing efficient lights and will happily recommend them during any comments too. Thanks again for the positive comments and I hope the giant statue they revealed of you at the annual meeting was at the very least gold if not platinum ?. :yahoo: :thumb::green_heart:
I was thinking that the SP 250 actually has the same chip quantity as the TSL 2000, turns out it has 50 more chips there, in a smaller space, so you can expect how strong that light is. :ganjamon:

Congrats on the new light. I got 4 Mars COBs but my plants are just starting out so I cant really say how they do yet but I am sure they are going to Rock.
Should be, the only problem might be the COB are too cool to use, so in winter, might need to do something to help with the heat. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom