Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

This tent features 2-tier small tent and one large tent area. Individual room for propagation, vegetation, and flowering stages that can help you with all plant grow stages and save the cost for another veg tent or seeding tent.

How is that interior divider wall attached? High quality zipper with good flaps covering it from both sides? Just velcro? Or something else entirely? I've probably sold enough of your products over the years that I ought to be receiving commissions, lol, because people tend to ask me about (many) cannabis- and gardening-related products. I assume this happens because, when asked about something, instead of simply telling them what I know and can learn from looking at product specifications and maybe a review or two... I try to thoroughly absorb the stated specifications, then read (potentially) hundreds of reviews, and - if possible - take a look at threads such as grow journals in which the product has actually been used, so that I can learn about both the results and any issues that may have arisen along the way. Occasionally, a person might even be able to learn about some kind of unadvertised feature or way to use a thing. And I do love to read ;).

However, with a new product, there tends to be a dearth of information until that product gets into the possession of the customers and they are able to use it for an extended time. In that case, one must ask a company representative.

I have been asked about this type of grow tent (with an interior partition) many times in the past, and have also investigated them for my own potential use. They've mostly all had some kind of issue, most generally being light contamination between the spaces, but sometimes quality/durability of the partition or some other problem. Multi-room grow tents are obviously somewhat more complex than single-room ones are. If yours ends up being a decent quality piece of equipment that proves to be durable and does not allow ANY light to pass from one area to another, the product should be a good seller - because most of the available partitioned grow tents suck, lol.

I wish I could afford to purchase one. I have long wanted something that was approximately 3'×4', with a 3'×3' flowering area and a 1'×3' vegetative/growth space. Worth the latter perhaps being split into two adjustable levels. This kind of tent works have been perfect when I was keeping two or three miniature mother plants, taking and rooting cuttings from them, and then using those cuttings to supply a small perpetual flowering space at regular intervals when I harvested the ones that had been in there the longest. And this is still the way that many people grow cannabis, more or less. . . .

Does Mars Hydro have a suggestion for dimmer if I'm in Veg with TS 3000 is at 12 inches height?
504DE108-C82E-4E24-BA1B-C4B2E6344C33.JPG

Does Mars Hydro have a suggestion for dimmer if I'm in Veg with TS 3000 is at 12 inches height?
504DE108-C82E-4E24-BA1B-C4B2E6344C33.JPG
Just raise the light for a bit? I run at about 14" once they really get going and 24" when they are small like yours. Had to remove the transformers to a different room to control the heat buildup. See post above.

Just raise the light for a bit? I run at about 14" once they really get going and 24" when they are small like yours. Had to remove the transformers to a different room to control the heat buildup. See post above.
I'm just trying to save some Money. You should be able to hang them at 12 inches and adjust dimmer down to appropriate setting to optimize watts being used. I'm just saying. Unless I buy a $500 meter I will never know. I don't understand why I can't find this online somewhere. It just mean no one has bothered to do these optimal calculations. If I had a $500 meter and my TS 3000 all would benefit because I'd post it online. Yes of course I could just put lights at 100% and hang at different heights but that doesn't sound very optimal.

Your plants look awesome. I appreciate your comments. I bought dimmer because I wanted to use less watts. I at 100% 12-16 inch for Flower. That is the only time I need or want to be using that many watts for my grow.

I'm just trying to save some Money. You should be able to hang them at 12 inches and adjust dimmer down to appropriate setting to optimize watts being used. I'm just saying. Unless I buy a $500 meter I will never know. I don't understand why I can't find this online somewhere. It just mean no one has bothered to do these optimal calculations. If I had a $500 meter and my TS 3000 all would benefit because I'd post it online. Yes of course I could just put lights at 100% and hang at different heights but that doesn't sound very optimal.
I get the money thing. I usually go with as much light as I can from the start to make a faster growing, denser plant in my effort to have her table. I do run less lights at the start as the plants cover less floor space, so that is saving me watts. After a month they are starting to go wide so its usually all lights on from that point. My cheapo ($35) analog light meter reads the sun at 110,000 lux, and at 46 watts a square foot in my room I don't even get half that reading (40,000 lux) at 14" away, and yet they seem to grow quick and I seem to get a gram a watt generally. It seems to me that the plant should always able to handle brightness equal to the full sun, but its obviously not neccesary for decent production. My mothering cloning tent is low light , 20 watts a sq.ft, 5-10,000 lux and they get spindly, and start to have odd looking leaves etc. but turn around quickly when back under the full lights.
There was a cannabis company that had done a pile of research into optimum light, temperature, humidity and co2 levels, I wish I could find it as it was quite informative. Its on here somewhere as a pdf link!! If I find it I will post it to you.

Hey guys.

I thought i would share some snaps of some of my ladies currently at Day 55 of Flower under 1 x SP250 and 1 x SP3000

Deep Cheese

Blue Kush

Some of you may know her, for the rest of you, let me introduce you to Audrey :love: , one of the Blue Kush currently flowering in this journal. Absolutely loving life under Mars SP3000.

Thank you @Mars Hydro

Have a great day all :Namaste:

I get the money thing. I usually go with as much light as I can from the start to make a faster growing, denser plant in my effort to have her table. I do run less lights at the start as the plants cover less floor space, so that is saving me watts. After a month they are starting to go wide so its usually all lights on from that point. My cheapo ($35) analog light meter reads the sun at 110,000 lux, and at 46 watts a square foot in my room I don't even get half that reading (40,000 lux) at 14" away, and yet they seem to grow quick and I seem to get a gram a watt generally. It seems to me that the plant should always able to handle brightness equal to the full sun, but its obviously not neccesary for decent production. My mothering cloning tent is low light , 20 watts a sq.ft, 5-10,000 lux and they get spindly, and start to have odd looking leaves etc. but turn around quickly when back under the full lights.
There was a cannabis company that had done a pile of research into optimum light, temperature, humidity and co2 levels, I wish I could find it as it was quite informative. Its on here somewhere as a pdf link!! If I find it I will post it to you.
I get what your saying.. There so little and they fit right under light not needing to be higher for coverage yet. I should only have to raise light for coverage. I ordered a light meter. I did some reading and everything I read was telling me a lux meter wasn't accurate for actual plants. I ordered it any way because I'm sure as hell not spending $500+ on meter to read Par. Thank you Buzz. Everything is online exempt these very important answers I want. lol

Hey guys.

I thought i would share some snaps of some of my ladies currently at Day 55 of Flower under 1 x SP250 and 1 x SP3000

Deep Cheese

Blue Kush

Some of you may know her, for the rest of you, let me introduce you to Audrey :love:, one of the Blue Kush currently flowering in this journal. Absolutely loving life under Mars SP3000.

Thank you @Mars Hydro

Have a great day all :Namaste:
Love your buds :love:

Mars Hydro 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent
2-tier small tent and one large tent area, allowing growers to manage plants in different stages of development while remaining compact for small spaces or areas with little height
2n1 90x60x140cm
2n1 120x90x180cm
2n1 150x120x200cm

Question, TS1000 set up in closet, this morning before the timer kicked in I saw that the light had a faint glow and looked up from below it and noticed that the diodes looked to be glowing. Unplugged light and the glow on the diodes disappeared. Plug lights back into power from timer and diodes glow.

Normal operation? :nomo:

Hmmm...that is not good for business (growing). There recently was another member on here explaining the same situation.

Your timer should cut all power to it when it is "off". If there is still a trickle of power getting to it, I would replace the timer before thinking it may be the light.

The light is designed to accept the power given. It would not glow of there was no power getting to it.

Your timer should cut all power off once it's cycle has ended.

The timer is a cheaper fix and as in automotive, always go for the cheaper fix first.

Hmmm...that is not good for business (growing). There recently was another member on here explaining the same situation.

Your timer should cut all power to it when it is "off". If there is still a trickle of power getting to it, I would replace the timer before thinking it may be the light.

The light is designed to accept the power given. It would not glow of there was no power getting to it.

Your timer should cut all power off once it's cycle has ended.

The timer is a cheaper fix and as in automotive, always go for the cheaper fix first.
Agree. Maybe plug into mains directly and unplug to see if the same happens, and as @Patient Puffer recommended try another timer :peace:

Back
Top Bottom