Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:green_heart::green_heart:

Oh she knows lol I think she is stressing the tightness but she will make it work!
I am the TETRIS QUEEN … there is no one who can fit 10 lbs of sh!t in a 5 lb box like I can!

6 Common Cannabis Leaf Problems and How to Fix Them​

a3a60500728cf9d10e2497b6f5c1da03.jpg

No matter how much you care about your plants, there are always things that can and will go wrong in the growing process. Whether you're a beginner or an expert grower, it's easy to feel a false sense of security about your beloved plants. The truth is that your plants are sensitive beings from seed to harvest. This article covers five areas to judge the health of cannabis and how to treat it.

• Watering
  • Root
  • Nutritions
  • Environment
  • Grow light
  • Pests

1. Watering​

Observe what happens when you water your plants. There are two types of problems with improper watering, over watering or under watering.

Sign of over watering: Leaves and stems droop and curl after watering.

Sign of under watering: The leaves will go down and the edges of the leaves will come closer to the center. It looks sturdy.

Treatment: Easy drainage and slow watering.

How to water properly:

a) Keep the top of the growing medium dry (about an inch deep)

b) See at least 20% of the extra water draining from the bottom of the pot when watering

c) Water the plant every 2-3 days. If it takes longer to dry out, you should water less at a time. If it dries out too quickly, it should get more water.

watering.jpg

2. Root​

Signs of root rot: Signs of root rot: slimy, twisted roots with a foul odor. Leaves curl and droop.

Treatment:

a) Add beneficial root bacteria to the water to prevent and treat diseases.

b) Add oxygen: add bubbles and surface agitation to dissolve more oxygen into the water

c) Keep the roots in a dark environment, check and replace the cover with a new one regularly.

d) Keep the growing environment cool, below 27°C, and better under 24°C.

e) Keep the growing area clean: Change the water regularly. Retrieve dead leaves, dead roots, etc. in time.

root.jpg

3. Nutritions​

Sign of excess nutrients: Leaf tips turn bronze, crispy, and curled. Sometimes even twisted and burnt, slowly spreading from the tip to the entire leaf.

Treatment: Add normal pH water to dilute the water or mix a new set of nutrients (lower levels), thus reducing the nutrient levels.

nutritions.jpg

Signs of nutritional deficiencies:

Copper deficiency: Dark leaves with blue or purple undertones. Leaf tips and margins turn yellowish or white.

Magnesium deficiency: Leaves appear light green or yellow on the veins and edges, and a large number of leaves fall off at the bottom of the plant. Sometimes the stems turn red.

Iron deficiency: New/upper/inner leaves turning yellow, and yellow leaves eventually turning green is another sign of iron deficiency.

Calcium deficiency: Brown or bronze spots appear on the newly grown leaves and leaves turning yellow are signs of calcium deficiency.

Treatment:

a) Adjust the pH value to the correct range

Soil culture:

Copper: 6.0 - 7.0 pH Magnesium: 6.0 - 7.0 pH

Iron: 6.0 - 6.5 pH Calcium: 6.2 - 7.0 pH

Hydroponics:

Cu: 5.5 - 6.5 pH Mg: 6.0 - 6.5 pH

Iron: 5.5 - 6.5 pH Calcium: 6.2 - 6.5 pH

b) Provide the correct nutrients

c) Check for root and watering problems, which may occur at the same time.

nutritional_deficiencies.jpg

4. Environment​

Temperature control:

Vegetative stage 78-85℉ (20-30℃)

Flowering stage: 65-80℉ (18-26℃)

Humidity control:

Clones Stage:70%

Vegetative stage 40-60%

Flowering stage: 40-50%

*Too-high humidity can lead to slow growth, mold and bud rot (especially on leafy plants or fat buds). Too-low humidity causes slow growth and leaf stress. The ventilation system is also an important factor in providing a good environment for plants.

Environment.jpg

5. Grow light

Signs of light burned foliage: Stems are green and leaf edges are yellow/yellow or tan spotted. The jagged edges of the leaves are turned upwards, and the situation is worse for leaves close to the light source or heat source.

Treatment: Add small fans to the top of the plant and move grow lights further away from the top of the plant.

*Nitrogen-deficient leaves will fall off on their own, while lightly burned leaves will be difficult to remove.

light.jpg

6. Pests​

Simply put, pests and bugs are a grower's nemesis, but it's impossible not to encounter them in your growing environment. Contrary to other plants, cannabis doesn't like chemicals (not to mention the fact that your end product will be poisoned and therefore cannot be smoked). Fortunately, there are many organic alternatives, such as neem oil, apyretine, or pine soap. You can also make your own all-purpose natural insecticide using red pepper, paprika or soapy water.

Common indoor cannabis pests include aphids, spider mites, leafhoppers and flying lice.

pests.jpg

Final words​

While there are problems with lighting, nutrients, pests, etc. at every stage of the growing process, your best course of action is always prevention. Cannabis plants are very fragile in most cases, and if you take on the task of growing them, you should be told that big, plump yields and memorable highs are just the reward for love and dedication to the plant.
If there are any mistakes, please feel free to correct them.

Mars Hydro seedling heat mat released in the USA!
【2 sizes】10''x20.75'' (20w)and 48''x20.75''(105w)
【High-efficiency Heating Mat】add high-quality carbon fiber in the infrared heating layer, up to 97% heat conversion efficiency.
【Heating evenly and safely】The digital thermostat controller with LED Indicator Lights maintains a stable temperature anywhere between 40℉-108℉. Build-in overheat protection chip make mat Automatic power-off at 140°F.
【Water Proof & Easy to Clean】2 outer layers which are insulating and IP67 waterproof, easy and safe to clean
【Best Growth Partner】Placed at the bottom of the container, perfect for seedling start and cutting propagation.
【Safety Certificated】UL, FCC, CE, UKCA listed, safe to use!

A new tent - and not a big one, a 3’x3’ would be more than sufficient for me. I need one with headspace more than anything. Can Santa have his elves make me a 2’x3’ tent that is 6’ tall instead of the standard 5’ tall??

Make a small grow room of your own dimensions , some 1x1 lumber and a few sheets of the styrofoam ,that has the silver (mylar) plastic on one side and green plastic on the other side, a few screws and washers , and away you go thats what i did , you will need some reflective tape for the seams also. these will be silver on the other side

download.png

20211124_054759.jpg

Make a small grow room of your own dimensions , some 1x1 lumber and a few sheets of the styrofoam ,that has the silver (mylar) plastic on one side and green plastic on the other side, a few screws and washers , and away you go thats what i did , you will need some reflective tape for the seams also. these will be silver on the other side

download.png

20211124_054759.jpg
I’ll keep that in mind - but I dont think hubby wants me building a grow room in the only spare bedroom we have (we have a small house) - a rent is quick to set up and break down if need be.

Something that fits a 2x2 like the TS1000 but with 50W - 100W more Oomph ;)

(Has anyone tried a FC 3000 in a 2x2?)
I'm about to start a journal with the FC-3000 in their 28"x28"x 63" tent.
Close enough?
Christmas Giveaway is coming soon. :surf:
What do you want for Christmas? Tell us the answer.:snowboating:
The more people participate, the more gifts Mars will prepare!:yahoo:
Some of the heating mats for sure. It's getting cold here in the north and it's getting difficult to sprout seeds.

A 6" fan kit would be good since you just have away a 4" fan.

Do you still carry the smell proof pouches?

Maybe one of those cool master controllers for the LEDs?

I'm about to start a journal with the FC-3000 in their 28"x28"x 63" tent.
Close enough?
Nope, my tents wont grow .3 foot at my demand :p
Gonna follow tho, and probably just ignore the difference :)

Back
Top Bottom