Mars Hydro New LED Grow Light Give Away

the giveaways are great to get communities involved and have some competition, i cant imagine @SmokeSara imagined it would turn into a debate over calculating lol

I'm not trying to be a jerk or nothing about it here you guys...I'm just pointing out my entry (which I think is pretty darn good) got as many votes as those guys did. It's not a calculation debate, it's a hey there's a third entry with 21 votes and I'm just wondering why it's not in the final tie vote question.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or nothing about it here you guys...I'm just pointing out my entry (which I think is pretty darn good) got as many votes as those guys did. It's not a calculation debate, it's a hey there's a third entry with 21 votes and I'm just wondering why it's not in the final tie vote question.
dont think anyones been called a jerk, and no one is being targetted, i think it is more about a fair vote on final answers, as the first answers had a massive head start and were liked multiple times before the thread was 12h old, and you have been plugging your answer a lot so ofc will get more views lol but hey, well i actually think myanswer was the best, as it played on two very important factors whenit comes to ‘light’

the new mars light is PARticularly iLUMENating...
lol but its not the point. there is lots of answers that never even got looked at before the ‘highest liked posts’ reached their numbers..

the point being made is that all the answers should be taken and judged fairly on the same time frame and alongside the others..

You are right. It should be counted. I think Sara has her hands full with Spannabis and maybe simply overlooked it. I'm sure she will address it when she has a minute.

dont think anyones been called a jerk, and no one is being targetted, i think it is more about a fair vote on final answers, as the first answers had a massive head start and were liked multiple times before the thread was 12h old, and you have been plugging your answer a lot so ofc will get more views lol but hey, well i actually think myanswer was the best, as it played on two very important factors whenit comes to ‘light’

the new mars light is PARticularly iLUMENating...
lol but its not the point. there is lots of answers that never even got looked at before the ‘highest liked posts’ reached their numbers..

the point being made is that all the answers should be taken and judged fairly on the same time frame and alongside the others..
I've seen this happen a few times in giveaways. If you aren't on the first few pages there is little chance you'll win. It would be much better if things are a bit more diplomatic.

dont think anyones been called a jerk, and no one is being targetted,

@falstaffo I certainly wasn't trying to indicate you or anyone else was calling me a jerk, I'm sorry if it came off that way. Maybe I guess I feel like I could be looked at as being one for raising the point.

I agree the contest could have been run differently with more organization in the end result, but I'm not trying to change anything. And I agree I'm sure @SmokeSara will address this when she can!

@falstaffo I certainly wasn't trying to indicate you or anyone else was calling me a jerk, I'm sorry if it came off that way. Maybe I guess I feel like I could be looked at as being one for raising the point.

I agree the contest could have been run differently with more organization in the end result, but I'm not trying to change anything. And I agree I'm sure @SmokeSara will address this when she can!
oh yeah i know mate lol no worries, people are very competitive in competitions lol all good
I've seen this happen a few times in giveaways. If you aren't on the first few pages there is little chance you'll win. It would be much better if things are a bit more diplomatic.
yeah i have seen t before too, and been involved in one, was in an evo forum for some ralliart stuff lol
first people to post had the best chances and there was lotsof uproar after winner announced claims of it was unfair etc etc lol cause some drama for a while was quite funny

I would like to add that while I did lobby for votes here and there and used my signature to do so, no one said that wasn't ok. I feel like it helped get this promotion alot of attention!

I only used appropriate opportunities in threads to bring it up, and during that timeframe, I did not post any more frequently than I had been previously or for only that reason. I think it was already established that I'm a very energetic fellow and I really enjoy myself here.

I would like to add that while I did lobby for votes here and there and used my signature to do so, no one said that wasn't ok. I feel like it helped get this promotion alot of attention!

I only used appropriate opportunities in threads to bring it up, and during that timeframe, I did not post any more frequently than I had been previously or for only that reason. I think it was already established that I'm a very energetic fellow and I really enjoy myself here.

Bro, its was rigged. U never had a chance. Good entry tho!

I caught it on your post in the incoming newbies section ! Other wise might not have known, besides some one already had my word way ahead of me !

I'll just keep using my existing light.
It works well,even though it's 93 million miles away.
And I'll gladly share it with everyone....

I only used appropriate opportunities in threads to bring it up, and during that timeframe, I did not post any more frequently than I had been previously or for only that reason.

I'm obviously not the one who decides, but: Your entry and general contest-related behavior (lol) seemed to be acceptable to me. I went back and reread post #1, and didn't see any kind of restriction that might have applied to you (such as "must have been a member for n months at the time of contest"). You even got the whole "word" thing (as opposed to words ;) ) . I'm not counting the griping, because that might be justified - and happened after the main round of entries/likes-or-not, anyway.

A suggestion to all contest-runners: One thread, open - for however many days you specify - for initial contest entries, followed immediately by a poll thread for people to do the actual voting in (preferably for ONE person each), no "only missed it by that much, so you're in" last-minute entries because, well, then someone always ends up feeling that they should have been included, too... A firm cutoff time/date means no question of unfairness, in other words. Clearly stating which clock would be helpful (IOW, we are spread across the planet - and across the time zones, so whether the clock is running on Eastern Standard time, California time (420Magazine as an entity is based there), or the sponsor's home time zone... it should be mentioned so that everyone is "on the same page," so to speak.

The above is just my opinion. I've usually got one ;) .

I'd love to win the prize, but probably won't (especially since I've already started thinking of uses for it related to my upcoming grow journal, lol). Ironically, I kind of figured @dr.h00k would end up winning when I saw his entry. Ironically because it's he and I in the "tie-breaker." I cannot speak for another, but my guess is that he wouldn't be bothered by a recount or whatever, and I certainly wouldn't be.

Whatever @SmokeSara decides is fine with me.

Throw parties, not fits ;) .

My behavior during this contest is not in question is it?

I'm simply stating the there were three contestants with 21 votes not two. That's all!

Good luck to both of you guys, I'm good with whatever. I have a pot condo, it will be full of proper lighting eventually! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom