Mars Hydro New LED Grow Light Give Away

My behavior during this contest is not in question is it?

I'm simply stating the there were three contestants with 21 votes not two. That's all!

Good luck to both of you guys, I'm good with whatever. I have a pot condo, it will be full of proper lighting eventually! Cheers!
Not to me...maybe Sara will flip you a consolation prize :)

hehe...I find it somewhat amazing where this fun giveaway has taken us... :thedoubletake::hmmmm:...I never found the rules to be confusing or unfair...as stated by Sara in the opening post...

..."Please comment in this post: I suppose Mars Hydro New light is xxxxx (Fill the word in, and the word needs to be an adjective)."

...I didn't see where it said it was OK to change the wording of the sentence, or it was OK to use two or more words to fill in the blank...as well, opining as to why one should win, I find that less appealing(unless it was obviously in jest)...

...I regret that some folks feel the need to try to change the rules as set out by the sponsor, to better qualify their entry,especially as the game is still being played...play the cards you're dealt...

...People have a tendency to throw out likes all willy nilly on any given topic...but...in the case such as this, when your like(haha?) is essentially a vote...it should give one pause...

...however this all plays out, I hope the reactions thus far doesn't discourage further giveaways...

...and for the record, should probably be a three way tie...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

I have a bit of a marketing and promotions background. SmokeSara is getting plenty of mileage out of a light and some T-shirts, believe me. Like a half a tank extra for free.

My behavior during this contest is not in question is it?

Not by me.

I'm simply stating the there were three contestants with 21 votes not two. That's all!

:thumb:

Good luck to both of you guys

Thank you, of course. But:

...and for the record, should probably be a three way tie...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

...was what I had been assuming, too. But I don't judge these things, and am actually in this one, lol, so cannot truly be objective regardless of what I say. It's up to the sponsor's forum representative, who is "12 hours removed" from this side of the world and will not even see these posts until she wakes up and starts working. She posted the rules and will know how they are intended to be interpreted.

This is one of those "social" things; I'll always be unsure of my understanding. I just tried to produce a valid entry and then pretty much sat back and enjoyed reading everyone else's posts. It was pretty cool watching the sponsor's customers do some marketing department work ;) , maybe a phrase or two will get used in the future, IDK. I never expected to do well, only to smile a time or two whilst reading (which I did, and thank you all for that!).

I’m sure smokesara just missed that there were 3 tied for number of “reactions” at the time of her post. I like the idea of a separate thread for the poll at the end of the contest. Tortured soul, that was also one of the first thoughts that popped in my head when I started realizing where this was headed. Lol.

I envisioned something like a "wall of words" kind of page on their website, with some of the quotes, in "quotation style", e.g.,
Code:
Here is what some of our customers recently said:

"I suppose Mars Hydro's new light is affordable." - Alias B. Example

:high-five:

EDIT: Or even just a wall of the portions we each typed, with the first part used as the title of the page, IDK. Haven't had to don my "seller" cap and think about such things for ages ;) .

If Mars Hydro,or any other sponsor has another giveaway,I suppose
I'll have to do something I rarely do: Read the instructions before continuing...

Three ppl but...

Attachments

• 1 Mars hydro.jpg
    1 Mars hydro.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 158
Nah bro just be the first few to post for a real chance

That's actually kind of surprising to me, if true (on average, I mean, across many contests). This one depends on people "liking" a specific post - and I would have guessed that, as a thread grows in length to multiple pages, it gets more "new" viewers and they might be more likely to perhaps read the first/main post and then skip to whatever the current final page is, or somewhere near it. Those who bothered to read the thread from beginning to end, and continued to do so as new posts were added, would of course have gotten the opportunity to read every entry... So, if anything, I'd - statistically speaking - expect a slight bias towards the last third or even quarter of the entries,, due both to the possibility of late thread subscribers not even seeing the early- to mid-contest entries, but because people who wait until near the end of the contest to cast their vote(s) will have seen the later entrants' posts more recently to when those people do their voting. But I'd mostly expect a random (as much as things ever are, I suppose?) position of entrant to win.

I couldn't even guess at the level of randomness (or lack thereof) of the other factors in contests like this, lol, because - again - it's a social thing and I only really know enough about psychology to pass as relatively normal as and when it's absolutely necessary (such as a courtroom hearing ;) ). And even that can be difficult, because I sometimes get the feeling that the best way to pass as "normal" would be to be an alien visitor - possibly from a different universe :p. Occasionally, those are the really good days. . . .

I know it's too late but :
Mars hydro lights are as strong as the great Wongfeihung!
I like your answer and imagination. you must know a lot about Chinese culture :thumb:

Hiyall, congrats guys!

@SmokeSara Not to be a stickler for details or anthing, but here's the count actually (gotten directly from clicking on the corresponding response count pages for each post):

dr. Hook:
Members who reacted to message #11
All (21) Like Like (18) Haha Haha (3)

Tortured Soul:
Members who reacted to message #14
All (22) Like Like (21) Haha Haha (1)
but farside voted 6 hours after voting ended (with a like)

Pbass:
Members who reacted to message #76
All (21) Like Like (20) Haha Haha (1)

So if we go by the actual numbers you should have a 3 way tie right? If you go by only likes, Tortured Soul and I are tied.

If its over it's over, but it seems like maybe my post got overlooked?

Cheers! :yahoo::passitleft:
What you are talking about is very reasonable, I will consider what you said when we select winners by random this time and consider your suggestion into our next giveaway

hehe...I find it somewhat amazing where this fun giveaway has taken us... :thedoubletake::hmmmm:...I never found the rules to be confusing or unfair...as stated by Sara in the opening post...

..."Please comment in this post: I suppose Mars Hydro New light is xxxxx (Fill the word in, and the word needs to be an adjective)."

...I didn't see where it said it was OK to change the wording of the sentence, or it was OK to use two or more words to fill in the blank...as well, opining as to why one should win, I find that less appealing(unless it was obviously in jest)...

...I regret that some folks feel the need to try to change the rules as set out by the sponsor, to better qualify their entry,especially as the game is still being played...play the cards you're dealt...

...People have a tendency to throw out likes all willy nilly on any given topic...but...in the case such as this, when your like(haha?) is essentially a vote...it should give one pause...

...however this all plays out, I hope the reactions thus far doesn't discourage further giveaways...

We feel very happy many of you take part in our giveaway:thanks:we will choose winner as our competition rules. For example, we need one adj. to describe our new lights. Then the winner ' answer must be an adj. If it is a noun, then it could not be winner. We also realized there are some loophole, but giveaway at any platform is not always fair for everyone. The winners need some good luck and we also need make our competition rules simple and more complete.
Good luck to all of you :goodluck:

Nah bro just be the first few to post for a real chance
If you posted at the first page, then you will have more chance to win, because when others take part in this giveaway, they need read the competition rules at the first page, then they will also read other's post and give them "like" at the first page. If there are too many posts, maybe they will not read all posts and give all posters "like"

If Mars Hydro,or any other sponsor has another giveaway,I suppose
I'll have to do something I rarely do: Read the instructions before continuing...

You are very right, Read the instructions before continuing is the most important step to win :thumb:

I have a bit of a marketing and promotions background. SmokeSara is getting plenty of mileage out of a light and some T-shirts, believe me. Like a half a tank extra for free.

Thank you :thanks: Most of you here are good at leaving true reviews for products and helping growers to choose what they really need

@SmokeSara just to throw out an idea I have used in the past that worked well.

Pick one of the states that post the draw of their daily 4 digit lottery online for all to see. Then in your post you include your guess. Closest over/under is winner. In event of a tie under is the winner. Makes it easy to do a random draw.

A new 4 x 8 would be sweet..... Did I say that out loud. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom