Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
It has been a long time for the new product public, but we are finally here! Before I anounce how to join the comeptition, let's firstly look at the product. :)
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Attention please my dear growers. :D
Thanks for all your concerning and long time waiting for our new lights! :yahoo:
This moment, I feel very honored to announce that Mars Hydro SP series are released!
Their names are SP-150 & SP-200. :slide:
Let's have a look at below video to get more information. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

And now is how to enter the tester programme.
:circle-of-love:
We will choose one growers to sponser his grow: Either 2x4 tent with one SP 200 or one 3x3 tent with 2pcs SP 150; Below is what we need:
- time: 12~22th, Dec. Will anounce before Chirstmas!
- Tell us why would we choose you? What are you capable of? You may share a picture as well!
- Testers needs to write an grow journal with the sponsered light and tent, and keep others update how it works out. At least 1~2 times each week.
- We will send 5 random gift to others who don't get the light and tent.
Mars SP - white.jpg
Mars SP - waterproof.jpg

It has been a long time for the new product public, but we are finally here! Before I anounce how to join the comeptition, let's firstly look at the product. :)
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Attention please my dear growers. :D
Thanks for all your concerning and long time waiting for our new lights! :yahoo:
This moment, I feel very honored to announce that Mars Hydro SP series are released!
Their names are SP-150 & SP-200. :slide:
Let's have a look at below video to get more information. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
Congrats sara on the new release will celebrate for ya tonight when work is going crf woot! woot !

We will choose one growers to sponser his grow: Either 2x4 tent with one SP 200 or one 3x3 tent with 2pcs SP 150; Below is what we need:
- Tell us why would we choose you? What are you capable of? You may share a picture as well!
- Testers needs to write an grow journal with the sponsered light and tent, and keep others update how it works out. At least 1~2 times each week.
Mars SP - white.jpg
Mars SP - waterproof.jpg
I want to sleep like this girl. I think you if you made this lamp where you could dial in between the red,white and blue spectrum you may be on to something, White and blue for veg and red white for flower? So you can dial in what spectrum as needed?

@SmokeSara I must say the masks are a good laugh! I understand growing cannabis is illegal in your country. But it was a great choice to start with for the video! :)

-The lights are very slick looking, as we all know a good looking product will sell better than an ugly looking one! I love the idea of white light, it makes a very clean looking environment!

-I am stoked to see a new light model that is going up against a long lasting HID/HPS system!

-I cannot use the older systems due to the amount of heat the produce. I Rent and I cannot modify the building as I would like to, Including putting in a real exhaust with an electric damper etc.

A bit of my personal background:

Hobbies:

I am an outdoors man, I enjoy my hunting / fishing to calm me. NOTHING beats the serenity of the outdoors. However, My ankle and back are now injured from soccer (long story) and I cannot do what I once enjoyed from childhood.

The closest thing I have been able to find to these activities is growing cannabis; It is calming and enjoyable.

Although I am relatively new to the 420 community, I have been involved with other forums by a different name. I am however doing reviews on any products related to any Gardening Indoors or Outdoors. Of course right now, it's winter in Canada so I can't do anything outdoors "yet". Spring is around the corner! I can't wait!

I have done one review on Mars Hydro's Smell proof bag. (Click Here) Although it was a free gift, I still felt an obligation to review this, As very few in depth reviews have been done on this. It is still going strong. I still love it! It has been approx 2 months since receiving it and there is still no smell! :)

I am currently running 2x Mars Hydro 144's in my grow tent now, along with a cheap knock off light for the centre of tent just to give it a little more oomph. This is my "first" cannabis grow as it only became legal Oct 17th here. But I have used them to grow bell peppers and tomatoes over the summer with no complaints. They turned out really well! It was a great addition to my dinner table! The worst part was hand pollinating!

(Please see the link in my signature to check out my current grow).

I now also have a camera in the tent to monitor the plants on a regular basis, even when not home! (I will do a review on this soon as well as I feel this is a nice addition to anyone's tent). (Note: I can allow others to watch it as well if I know you well enough!)

The reason WHY I grow:

I am not a huge smoker, I do on weekends that's about all! If I am lucky, I may go through 1 gram a week.

The real reason why I grow is because of my spouse;
She has been diagnosed with many illnesses that cannabis helps with. Limited but not including the following: Severe Anxiety, Severe depression, Complex PTSD, BPD, Agoraphobia, stomach issues, and several other illnesses. She was on a slew of 13-15 medications at one point. Some of the side effects of medications were including up to "death rash" where if she developed it, she would need to be rushed into the hospital or she would die. Pretty bad side effect for a "medication" huh? The plus side of things is she has been taken off most medications. She is down to 3, along with a prescription of 5g/day. Things have improved overall, but still a long way to go! (Not to mention recently she was T-Boned in an accident).

We are aiming to get her ACMPR which would allow her to grow 5 plants per gram prescribed (5x5=25). A huge increase of what we are currently allowed to grow of 4 plants.

Q. Why would Mars Hydro choose me?

A. Well, I don't know to be quite honest. There are many people out there looking for free items but not always to follow through to review them!

I do feel I write reviews that are quite in depth, I do post on YouTube as well. Although I don't currently have a PAR meter (yet), I do have a few tools to aid me. Including : In depth knowledge with electricity (due to my current job), Fluke meter, and a plug in voltage meter that gives a good reading of actual wattage draw. I also have a lot of experience growing gardens which all in all lead me to cannabis growing. I spent I don't know how much time reading all the forums and grow tutorials out there. Including several books. I feel as though if I took one of the courses on cannabis, I would ace them ;) Top Student FTW!

I know there is always room for improvement. I know I still have a lot to learn. Although I personally feel I am still listed as an "amateur" grower. Perhaps when I hit 50 yrs of age, I will be an artisan. I feel I am lacking on the experience end of things to consider going up to the next level. This will come in time!

This would also allow to grow what I currently have a little bit more! Long term, yes it will save money, It will allow me to get set up for my spouses ACMPR.

I plan on having a 5 plant perpetual grow. Long term plan is: 1x Small clone/seedling tent with LED light strips or CFL's, 1-2x Veg Tent , 1x Flower tent, 1x drying tent and 1x Mommy tent for the strains that help her most!

What I am legally allowed to grow now: 4 Plants.

Time left on the current grow: 2 1/2 months give or take. I am going for the 5-10% amber and cloudy tricomes. Immediately after the cutting down, new seeds will be started and a new grow journal begun. Although if I am given the opportunity to review the new tent, I will switch them to flower today. But I am curious what the yield will be with these 2x Mars Hydro 144's (I would say pretty good thus far given how I have trained the plants).

If the wife gets approved for her ACMPR: 25 Plants. (Perpetual)

How often will I grow?: Currently, As soon as the current plants are cut down, New ones will be planted. I have approx 30 strains to choose from. I am experimenting with what strains to grow with for my spouse. The ones that work best for her will be the ones grown regularly. I also fully intend to make feminized seeds to fill her ever growing seed bank.

Have I grown Cannabis before? Yes. I grew approx 10 years ago. First time was a gorilla grow style. I had a HUGE plant (In veg) and a frigging rabbit ate it! Lesson learned: Protect the plant more and use anything you can to protect it. IE: Chicken wire, LOL. I did have 2 plants going and I will never forget the strain "Purple Haze". I do intend on getting some down the road!

Also, recently I grew a single plant at a friends place, He has been legally allowed to grow for several years now. I asked him if I could tend to a single plant. It produced approx 5-5.5 oz (dried and cured). Not too bad for my "real" first grow! He argued with me the whole way through the grow about the way I was doing it, but now grows the same way!

Like I mentioned earlier, There is ALWAYS room for improvement. I see Mars Hydro seeking the same state of always improving the quality and effectiveness of their product! Happy Customers = Returning Customers!

My review plan for this sponsorship:

-Unboxing (Youtube video / 420magazine Post/Pictures) This will be simple but not drawn out like most unboxing are done. I am not a fan of these videos, I will show 10 seconds of how they were received and then jump right into the unboxing. I estimate a 4-5 minute video. *Highlighting the key factors*

-Individual Reviews for both the tent and light/lights (I have never seen a MH tent, and would be excited to) (Youtube and written reviews (With pictures)) Each of these will have it's own video. Estimated duration: 5minutes

-Review of set up (Youtube Video / 420magazine Post/Pictures) Probably a time lapsed video showing how easy or difficult set up will be.

-Updates Every Week (Prefer 2x-3x weekly, but pictures will generally be the update along with any issues/struggles along the way) (420magazine forums exclusive / Monthly update via Youtube)

-Final thoughts ( Youtube / 420Magazine) This would be the key component. This will highlight any positive aspects, problems, or quirks. A long with suggested changes to be made (if applicable)

-Yield / Completion of grow journal (420 Magazine exclusive) This will be the final weight of the grow.

I may add to this plan down the road, Along with posting it to my FB/IG accounts. It will take a lot of time to do this, but it would be well worth it in the end! I love trying new products and to be a tested would be an honour.

@SmokeSara , Hopefully this is in-depth enough to what you were looking for.

To whomever gets the opportunity to test: Congratulations! I am very jealous of the opportunity! I hope you grow a very lush garden with these products! :)

Good Morning / Evening Sara.

It seems I picked a good time to come back. :D

I will throw my hat into the ring as an experienced grower and reviewer. I currently have 3 Mars-Hydro tents (2 3x3 and 1 2x2) and have perpetual garden. I can set up 1 of my 3x3 tents with the new SP and the other with my EPI 320 and do comparison grows with matching clones.

Here are a couple of recent pics.

:circle-of-love::peace:

I’d like to Formally submit my name into the tester light drawling. I’m a hydroponic grower specializing in auto flowers. I’m currently testing a maxbloom x6 led light with Seedsman sponser for the seeds. I have plenty of grows all available in my signature for anyone wanting to view. Why should I be picked. Y not lol. Also I have professional quality photography equipment and a active YouTube video grow updates. I am not using a grow tent I have a grow room 5 foot wide 8 foot tall 12 foot long I grow and a 4 x 4 square per plant using the Dwc hydroponic buckets. And mars Hydro rocks who wouldn’t want to grill with one of their lights

Mars SP - white.jpg
Mars SP - waterproof.jpg
:drool:

I think there's an intimate adult novelty product already trademarked as Super Penetration :rofl:
Yikes! I'm not touching that :rofl:
:laugh:
:laugh:
I'd love to see @HonestGR get that sponsorship! I battle with depression and I can tell with his writing style that's a grow I want to subscribe to and read every damn post! Cheers!

Thanks for offering the competition! I am in the process of deciding which LED lights I want to go with in a future professional operation as well as here at home. I would love the chance to compare a budget new name LED system that I now have, with the well known Mars product.
I am a well known tester and documentarian of my grow experiments. I am a critical and careful observer and my journals are very detailed and well documented. Assuming your lights are what the stats say they are, I would be an excellent advocate and supporter of your brand, assuming a test such as this convinced me that yours was the best.
I have been gifted many products to try and evaluate over the years from Raptor Hoods, to Lumatek Ballasts to seeds from well known breeders and I have highlighted each and every one of them in my many journals throughout the years. I am now very curious about the modern LED revolution, and I would love to evaluate your product.
Thank you for your consideration,
Sense Emilya

@Archiweedies Thank you for those kind words! Although I do not suffer personally with depression, I have had it and I do deal with second hand everyday. Its a rough struggle for anyone to go through.

A helpful book I have read is called "Mind Over Mood". It has some helpful coping skills. If its worth your time, it may help you. :) A little is better than nothing at all!

Thank you again!

Congrats sara on the new release will celebrate for ya tonight when work is going crf woot! woot !

Thank you Kingioe83, you have seen the development and progress of our Mars led from this generation to next generation, thanks for your support :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom