Mars Hydro TS600 vs the Mars Hydro 300W LED

Hi @Highat33, welcome to :420:.
For the TS 600 vs the old Mars 300w, I will do some comparison for you. :Namaste:
- Mars Hydro TS 600 uses new SMD chips, there are over 200pcs chips on the lights, we can make the chip output around 1~2w/pc, but we prefer to keep them lower as less than 1w/pc because this would help lenthen the lifespan of the light; total wattage is only around 90w +/-5%. As the light efficiency is very high, it can replace at least 150w old blurple grow light; For Mars Hydro 300w, it is the oldest design of ours, using the old led grow chips, which is around 2w/pc, total 60pcs of the chip, so you get around 120w output. Also, this kind of light will have less ppfd output and lumen output, and less lifespan. :green_heart:
- Mars TS 600 uses no fan design, no noise, you can grow in your bedroom, won't be disturbed. While Mars Hydro 300w is with lighting case and fan design. :hippy:
- The light itself, Mars TS 600 might feel more hot than the Mars 300 since there is no fan and no light case, but that is normal, if you open the light case of the Mars 300, it will be hot as well. The heat is under control, won't influence the lighting works. :green_heart:
- The Mars TS 600 is white light, you can check your plants more easily, found the growing problem more easily without turn off the light or wearing a special glasses. :)
- For the coverage we mentioned, it is the right with no exaggeration, 1.5x1.5 for flowering,it can used for 24x24'' for veg absolutely. I am sure you don't want a light which mentioned 3x3 but actually can only cover 2x2 for great grow. So we prefer to stay true info for your clients, to help them get right set up and great yield. If you want a light to fit your 24x24'' space for the whole grow, I would recommend our TS 1000, it can cover 3x3 space in veg and 2x2 for flowering. :)
The technology is moving forward, so news things are surely better than the old ones, otherwise why would we upgraded them ;)

Thank you everyone for the input. I will be waiting and picking up the 1000.

My initial idea was to use the 300W because of a few grows I found that pulled 4oz. Which is about what I am looking for.and then thought the TS600 would be more efficient. But, the 1000 would probably make that goal a lot easier.

Thank you everyone for the input. I will be waiting and picking up the 1000.

My initial idea was to use the 300W because of a few grows I found that pulled 4oz. Which is about what I am looking for.and then thought the TS600 would be more efficient. But, the 1000 would probably make that goal a lot easier.
Definitely you will love the light. :D

Looking to set my first grow tent up and was looking at the ts600 in a 2x2 but now I'm going to do the same and wait bit longer get the ts1000 unless there is any other recommendations.
How did you get on in the end

Hello , I am currently running 4 , mars ts 1000 in a 4x4x8 tent and I am 46 days in flower and my plants are loving this light , they are about 16 inches from the tops of the plants and no light burn yet , I have intake and exhaust fans on the tent and growing in l.o.s. but I have been adding extra langbeinite to the soil for the extra organic cal/mag needed for led` s, a 1000 watt ts is ok for 1 plant in a 2x2x4 tent just flower them early as you don't have enough light distance (4ft) for larger plants , I run a 4 ft tent for seedling and clones only , my next purchase would be a taller tent (7-8 ft height )if I were you .

Where top sites to get equipment in the UK or is it just a mixture of eBay Amazon just so much out there want to make sure I get my bang for buck light sorted I'm going with the ts 1000
Mars hydro have a UK sales office. If you go to the 420 sponsor page and have a look. You can even get a small discount as a 420 member, using discount code 420mag.

Back
Top Bottom