Mars-Hydro TSL-2000: Unboxing & Installation

My wife won the Mars-Hydro TSL-2000 in the contest here. It was intended as a Father's Day Gift, but I received it early as a problem arose. The light arrived by courier this morning. There was a charge of $27.49 CAD for taxes and associated fees. We were happy to pay this small sum for the light. I only mention this so that members are aware that they may have to pay a small amount if their prize is imported.

Along with the light itself, a power cord, hangers, documentation, and promotional material is enclosed in the box.

full

Bottom of the Light & Box Contents

full

Top of Light & Box Contents

If you use the supplied wire hangers in your installation, you will lose about 14" or 35 cm of your vertical grow space. Since I mounted the light in a 2' X 4' X 5' (60 X 120 X 150 cm) tent, I removed the clips from the wire hanger, and connected them to the carabiner on the ratchet hanger.

full

TSL-2000: Hanging Options

Each side of the fixture has a driver associated with it, and the intensity of the light is adjusted separately for each side. To adjust the intensity, remove the small plug on the driver, and turn the control with a small phillips (crosshead) screwdriver. No force is required. Drop the head of the screwdriver through the hole, and turn it slowly until it descends into the control. Replace the plug when you are finished to keep water and dirt out.

full

Adjusting the Intensity

Next I made a small modification to the fixture. I drilled three 3/16" (5 mm) holes in the sides of the driver mounting plate to secure the power cords with cable ties.

full

Base Plate Modification to Secure Power Cords

I hung the TSL-2000 in my tent...

full

TSL-2000 Installed in a 2' X 4' X 5' (60 X 120 X 150 cm) Grow Tent

... and turned it on.

full

TSL-2000 in Action

Now we get to sit back and watch the plants grow. While we are waiting for the plants, I should mention that this is a light weight fixture. Care must be taken not to bang it around, or you may end up with a bent reflector.

It seems that the drivers for the TSL-2000 can easily be mounted outside of your grow area. All that would be needed is a pair of extensions for the cables between the drivers and the board for the LEDs. No soldering would be required. @SmokeSara, can you confirm this?

Would that light cover a 2mx2mgrow area

No. You would need at least four of them. They draw about 300W each, and you need that per square meter. The manual states coverage is 3' X 6' (90cm X 180cm).

Ok thanks what’s price if u don’t mind me asking

Unknown. They are not on the Mars-Hydro website yet. My best guess would be $250 USD. You may be better off with the TSW-2000. It has the same electronics, and boards, but they are arranged side by side, rather than end to end. All we really know yet is in @SmokeSara's initial post for Mars Hydro Giveaway Time: Come And Win TS-2000 High PPE Led Grow Light! It seems that the TSW-2000 fixture is rated for a 4' X 4' (120 cm X 120 cm) area.

That’s awesome! Congratulations. What’s she going to grow? ;)
The light will be used in my seed run. All the plants are under it now, but I'll try to keep one of each strain under it for the full grow. The strains are Cream & Cheese, Candida, and Sapphire Scout.

good stuff Salt, thats awesome, free is always good, or, almost free, LOL.. Cheers to MarsHydro!

When @Dabbing Grandma told me the light will be given to her husband, I was wondering who he might be. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone,:thanks: we all enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy the grow with our lights.
By the way, you might be the first one who get the light. :laugh::yahoo:and I have no idea they put so many stickers in, :hookah:

Would that light cover a 2mx2mgrow area
One of it can cover 3x6 during veg, and 2x4 during flowering, coverage like reflector 144 :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom