Mars-Hydro TSL-2000: Unboxing & Installation

the way things are going it will be bitcoin wallet payments before you know it. Mars has always been huge here since we are both in australasia and with our close ties to China and the trade we have, it has always made it easy to get your products via ebay or stores but none of the bricks and mortar stores here have your new line as of yet. But we usually get it before the rest of the world. unlike U.S stuff which we usually get last. i.e QBs.

Can you believe that only 1 supplier in all of Australia can supply QBs here at all. I got quoted $660 AUD for a qb from the states which costs u.s citizens only like $250 US. Its crazy hence my reluctance for QBs. They are very expensive here $580 for 288 with up to a 2 month wait AU stock or i have to go through the states. Its like $150 AUD for delivery alone
Right now we don't sell the TS to our retailers, but soon will do, so hopefully soon you can get better price local. :) I admit we have very limited AU resellers, most of our resellers are located in US, Canada, EU, and you are right, maybe we should focus on AU as well. :D Do you have any good local store to recommend? PM me? :thanks:

So would 2.....TS-2000 work in a 4x4? Or would that be overkill?
Two of the TSL-2000 is 600w, not overkill, but you will get great result. If you don't want it too much wattage, you can adjust the wattage lower :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The other big problem for retailers is old stock. The LED / COB market is moving towards a whiter light. HLG, and now Mars-Hydro are leaders in this swing. Now, imagine that you have 10 - 20K invested in the older low cost lights. What are is the retailer going to do with them? You may have to dispose of them at fire sale prices, or even recycle them. There's no other way, and the retailer would take a beating.

Factory direct sales gets rid of this problem. The factory simply holds the release of new product until stock levels are sufficiently depleted. The same thing can be accomplished with a distribution network, but will require close cooperation of the chain with the manufacturer.
right at the point. :slide:

Right now we don't sell the TS to our retailers, but soon will do, so hopefully soon you can get better price local. :) I admit we have very limited AU resellers, most of our resellers are located in US, Canada, EU, and you are right, maybe we should focus on AU as well. :D Do you have any good local store to recommend? PM me? :thanks:
ill get back to you in the next couple weeks. a friend of mine owns one of the biggest chains in australia. Chat soon:high-five:

ill get back to you in the next couple weeks. a friend of mine owns one of the biggest chains in australia. Chat soon:high-five:
Thank you MH, I look forward to hearing from you soon. :hippy:

Thank you MH, I look forward to hearing from you soon. :hippy:

What do you recommend for UV light exposure? There seems to be a correlation between UV light and phytochemical production, and I know optic LED is 650$ for 604w of CREE COB, small chip Epistars, and has UV light and IR. I see that the TSL provides IR, but why not move to include UV light?

as I mentioned, some can provide uv,but that should be uva, not uvb. And some provide uvb simply add a T5 tube on the light. Please trust me, if there is uvb chips that is be stable to use, we will try to add.

It's a good concept, IMHO, but would probably be better to offer some kind of optional fluorescent tube add-on if you want to add UV lighting to your product line. That allows for adjustment while still running the main lighting at 100% output (and hours).

I have no idea if such a thing would be a good seller for your company. It might be worth asking in your main thread, in order to get input from a number of your current - and potential new - customers.

It's a good concept, IMHO, but would probably be better to offer some kind of optional fluorescent tube add-on if you want to add UV lighting to your product line. That allows for adjustment while still running the main lighting at 100% output (and hours).

I have no idea if such a thing would be a good seller for your company. It might be worth asking in your main thread, in order to get input from a number of your current - and potential new - customers.
I do have the same suggestion before, to make spydre like lights on our SP 250, but it was rejected, for our SP 250 is bigger than those tubes, and will be much heavier, and to invest another design is not in plan right now, so maybe in futuer will find some other ways to improve on the current model.

Reptile UV light will provide both uva and uvb radiation, you only need 6 hours per day(according to a 1987 paper on THC and uva/uvb). MIGRO has a good video on uva and avb light sources, production and cost to run.

I’ve seen evidence uvb does more damage than it’s worth. Optic LED has UVA included in their spectrum somehow, not sure what they’re using.

Yeah, im trying convince my local hydro to start stocking more than cmh, cob and hid for that exact reason but they are reluctant
The only Hydro store within 160 km from me has no knowledge of LED's, I was just talking to him about it yesterday, so I went online and was just looking at the ts 1000 and ts 2000 today!
@SmokeSara can you inbox me some $ numbers for a Canadian customer?

How's that light doing @Old Salt ?

I’ve seen evidence uvb does more damage than it’s worth. Optic LED has UVA included in their spectrum somehow, not sure what they’re using.
Yes, plants only needs very small portion of uv light, too much will have bad influence on the growing

The only Hydro store within 160 km from me has no knowledge of LED's, I was just talking to him about it yesterday, so I went online and was just looking at the ts 1000 and ts 2000 today!
@SmokeSara can you inbox me some $ numbers for a Canadian customer?

Hi Canuckush, PM sent, please check. ;)

It's still hanging around in the tent. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm impressed with the TSL-2000. Even with a failed seed run, and limiting growth to 9 colas in the tent, it looks like I'll have my biggest harvest yet. It's so good I got a second TS series light.

It's still hanging around in the tent. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm impressed with the TSL-2000. Even with a failed seed run, and limiting growth to 9 colas in the tent, it looks like I'll have my biggest harvest yet. It's so good I got a second TS series light.
Hi Old, when will you begin with the new grow with the TSW 2000? haha!

Hi Old, when will you begin with the new grow with the TSW 2000? haha!
The seeds have been dropped. Now I need to get the tent up. I have to finish fixing the damage from the hurricane first.

Yeah, we have a federal relief agency that spends millions of dollars every year - because people can't seem to figure that out.

It's like, each year, they wake up thinking, "No, they outlawed hurricanes and other major weather events at the end of last year, so we're golden now."

There's a place here in town that floods. People don't live there - because it floods. We might be hillbillies, but we're not dumb hillbillies ;).

Yeah, we have a federal relief agency that spends millions of dollars every year - because people can't seem to figure that out.

It's like, each year, they wake up thinking, "No, they outlawed hurricanes and other major weather events at the end of last year, so we're golden now."

There's a place here in town that floods. People don't live there - because it floods. We might be hillbillies, but we're not dumb hillbillies ;).

Once and done is my response to those flooded by recurrent events. Power and communications anywhere in North America are subject to outages from local to regional due to natural or man made events.

Back
Top Bottom