Mars Hydro vs quantum board

Smithy1101

420 Member
What the better light to go with iv been looking at the mars hydro Ts series and the quantum boards I would like to know if anyone has used the 2 lights and could tell me what is the best I’m growing in a 2x2 tent with the mars hydro eco300w and I’m wanting an upgrade - many thanks

The drivers and Diods on the QB style tend to be much better than the Mars...but you pay for that too

I have all QB lights..but never used the Mars..but pretty sure a few here have

Cheers what are the QB capable off I want to run a 260w QB in my 2x2 what sort of yield do you get from these lights

Well I think iv defo made my mind up then it’s worth spending the extra money really cos then I’ll have a light for life basically just change the board every couple years or so

Think they ship everywhere

Also a sponsor here

@Budget LED

I have just rung my closets hydroponics shop they have the QB I asked about the 270watt board they said it comes duly build with warranty for £350 is that a good deal or not I just haven’t got the time for the diy route as my mars hydro has just fucked up this morning and I’m 3 weeks into flower with no light

I just got HGL 240W for $150, but I don't think it has official quantum boards, puts out 2,000-47,000 lux at 24"
The price was right compared to the Mars Hydro lights.
hlg 1.jpg

hlg 3.jpg
hlg 2.jpg

The prices seem to depend on country more than anything else.

I’ve used and own Mars, BudgetLED, and HLG... without a doubt the quantum boards are the best. HLG is amazing but my budgetLEDs plants grow neck and neck with my HLG’s... for the money go BudgetLED... if you have to have the HLG logo then get an HLG (they do look sexy) but budget is every bit as good if not better... my mars was used for a couple weeks then put in storage. Not dissing their fixtures they just are not up to par with the quantum’s... oh and I just received my first series 3 light from budget (I have an addiction to collecting lights) It’s so much brighter then it’s HLG equivalent it made the HLG look dim. Lol In short, go quantum.

I would buy a Mars Hydro TS light, they are amazing!
A QB from China was recommended to me and it has given me never ending issues and will be sold.

As proof and totally unintended as I was hoping to grow with both the Mars and the QB...
Plants on the left under the QB and plants on the right under the Mars Hydro TS-1000.
You decide!

20210116_130505.jpg

Back
Top Bottom