Mars II 1600 overkill in 3x3?

WOLFtick3t

Looking for a light for a 3x3 tent. Was about to pull the trigger on a Mars II 1600 and then started wondering if that was a waste of money, and more importantly a waste of power, for a 3x3 tent with 4 autos in 3 gallon pots.

Would a 900 be better? Something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!

Hiya @WOLFtick3t I have various Mars and Vipaspectra, and they really do a great job. That 1600 pulls around 620w from the wall I think, should be plenty good for a 3 x 3 flower area. I might consider researching Mars Hydro's newer stuff though unless you are buying it used or getting a fantastic price on it. There's better tech out there now with white light that grows stuff more efficiently than the older tech, probably for cheaper than what you'd pay for that 1600 new. Cheers mate, gl to your grow!:yahoo:

EDIT: You might look at the Mars Hydro TS 2000 specifically for your 3 x 3.

To give you some scope, I have a Mars Hydro 700 that pulls around 380 off the wall, it BARELY covered a 3 x 3. It did cover it though, and I got good weed! Probably just shy of .5g/w which isn't great but not terrible either. I recently bought a 2x4 quantum board direct from China that is awesome, you might look into those also.

Alright, so I did a bit of reading on these quantum panels, the TS series, and they sound too good to be true? But then everyone seems to love them so I’m not going to argue, especially at half the cost.

Alright, so I did a bit of reading on these quantum panels, the TS series, and they sound too good to be true? But then everyone seems to love them so I’m not going to argue, especially at half the cost.
Yes the TS series are quantum boards and produce white light instead of the blurple. Here mine under the 1000. I've had it about a week and a half and my plants have responded greatly.
IMG_20190805_101236.jpg
IMG_20190805_101220.jpg

Awesome, really appreciate the info!

Real Quantum boards use Samsung top bin diodes
The pretenders use something else, in this case cheaper Epistar diodes

Okay so not quantum boards but “quantum style boards”.

whats an example of an actual quantum board I could read up on?

Looking for a light for a 3x3 tent. Was about to pull the trigger on a Mars II 1600 and then started wondering if that was a waste of money, and more importantly a waste of power, for a 3x3 tent with 4 autos in 3 gallon pots.

Would a 900 be better? Something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!
Mars II 1600 will be too much, Mars II 900 will be fine, you can also try out the TSW 2000. :circle-of-love:

Quntum Board means a lot smaller wattage chips on one PCB board which will give out more balanced light, bigger coverage. So actually it is a kinda of light design.
BTW, compare to the normal quantum board in the market, Mars didn't copy them, we have our own design, we add the reflector cup, which will give 20% more light output in the coverage area to help you grow better. ;)

Back
Top Bottom