Mars II 400 AK-48 & Northern Lights

yum000

Day 17 Vegetation

48""x48" Tent

1 - Mars 2 400 Watt 80x5 watt chips (hope to order another near beginning of bloom, goal to own 4 400 watt Mars 2's for the tent), 1 -2011 150 watt Spectra 3 watt chips

Fabric Pots

Ocean Forest soil, cut with 10% Vermiculite, 20% Pearlite, layer of groton on bottom of pot

Fox Farm Nutrients, Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom and Solubles- Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz & Cha-Ching

I just received the Mars II today, very impressed with this light so far, solid build quality, good heat sink, very brilliant, and runs cooler than other LED's I've owned and the fans are some of the quietest I've come across. My 17 day old plants seemed to have started responding favorably to the light within the first few hours-maybe my imagination, but they seemed to have perked up to me. Anyway, I'm excited now to see what 5 watt led's can do.

IMG_117420.JPG

Im thinking about ordering some of there Mars II 900w's. Hopefully they're worth the buy. Certainly better than thousands of dollars for most other brand name panels

Day 25 Photo Update

Girls have picked up the pace since the feeding and light lowering. Going to give them several more days before I top them, then a week until I start the 12/12 cycle with a 24 hour period of darkness. I'll be installing a grid into the tent after topping.

Close up is the same AK48 as from Day 21, you can really see the progress. The Northern Lights is in the center between the 2 AK's

Veg_Day_25-3.jpg
Veg_Day_25-2.jpg
Veg_Day_25-1.jpg

Veg Day 28 Update

I topped both of the AK's, giving the Northern lights (the middle plant) a couple more days till topping, still intend on giving them 5 weeks of veg.

It's been awhile since I've had a garden, I just remembered I need to keep my grow room temps in the mid 80's a few days back, they responded right away, ran temps about 85 degrees in the tent

Day_28-1.jpg
Day_28-2.jpg

Bloom Day 3 Update...

Well, I changed my mind and ended veg after 32 days on Saturday, at midnight. I kept the girls in dark for 36 hours until noon Monday when I started the 12/12 shift for them.

Temps..

Soil just measured 69.2 degrees, ambient in the grow tent is 82.4 degrees, both just a touch too cold, bumping up the central heat a couple degrees so I"m sure they're in the optimum range for metabolism. FYI: Plants rate of metabolism;the speed of cell division/growth and processing of nutrients is influenced by the temps in their immediate environment. Soil temps should be maintained between 70-75F while you want to target 85-90F for your ambient temps, this is particularly important when growing under LED and you don't have the heat of a HPS lamp.

Lights...

12" above grid, pics were shot with a 24mm wide angle lens so there's a perception of more distance.

Watered yesterday with 74 degree RO water bubbled for a half hour or so.

Bloom_Day_3-1.jpg
Bloom_Day_3-2.jpg

I'm loving your grow, keep it up!. Subbed.
I'm also doing LED in 4'x4' space. I'll try soil next time though, I'm trying hydro and there's too much room for errors.

Back
Top Bottom