Mars II 400w LED From TopLED

You're the man, Seraphim, nice work!

Man, I love reading posts like this--I scored a Mars II 900 watt for a song from their eBay store (the bidding war came down to the last few seconds) and just started using it for the flower compartment in my crazy double-decker homegrown closet cabinet. I feel better about my decision to use the Mars light each time I see something like this.

I am currently running a mogul-base 250 watt CFL and four 26-watt CFLs for the veg compartment, but I hope to upgrade to a 96x3 reflector or a veg spectrum Mars II 400 or 700. Just for perspective, either of these LED panels will use less power than my current CFLs and will probably blow away the CFLs' production. That's impressive.

I have a mars-II 400 in Veg spectrum (all I use for veg) and I can confirm that it blows away those CFLs!!!

I am looking at the Mars II 400 for a 3x2x6 cabinet. I emailed the company and they told me it was too much for that space and I should buy one of their older models. I thought the 400 covered a 3x3 area. I am 3x2. More light is better right?

Supergroomer
go with the biggest light you can afford , the 400 would be great & if U feel another is needed then add
but really go for newer light you will be pleased
I have 3 of the 400's & I plan on more I like the small foot print of the 400's

I am looking at the Mars II 400 for a 3x2x6 cabinet. I emailed the company and they told me it was too much for that space and I should buy one of their older models. I thought the 400 covered a 3x3 area. I am 3x2. More light is better right?

Supergroomer

That's about the same size as my cabinets, and I wouldn't hesitate to use the 400. I'm far from an expert, but I feel pretty solid on this one.
Good luck!

You will not be disappointed if you go with the Mars-II 400W model, supergroomer.

Supergroomer

I have a 2.5 x 2.5 grow space and TopLED told me to order a Mars 1200 for it...

you'd be better of with a P300 from PlatinumLED tbh, it will out perform a Mars 400, and draw much less power..

I have a 2.5 x 2.5 grow space and TopLED told me to order a Mars 1200 for it...

I'm sure those Platinum LEDs are pretty awesome, and I totally agree that Mars Hydro has a bit of a language barrier on their support side that could use some work.

However, at $369 that P300 doesn't look nearly as appealing as the Mars II 400 for $189. You're right; the Platinum draws a little less juice than the Mars, particularly when the Platinum is in veg, but that's a few years' worth of power to get to the breakeven point considering that the Platinum is nearly double the cost. The Mars also uses 5W LEDs vs. 3W on the Platinum, which will supposedly better penetrate the canopy. The 5W is newer tech in any case.

Sure, the Mars website looks like it was written by someone with a less-than-cursory knowledge of English. Sure their advice may be wonky sometimes. Personally, I could care less what the manufacturer tells me, I want some damn evidence. I've seen plenty of evidence here to show that the Mars works pretty damn well, especially for the money. And from what I've read, pretty much all LED grow lights are made in the same damn place anyway.

Supergroomer, if you think the 400 might be too big for you, there's always the Reflector series, the smallest one (48x3) only sells for $96.99. They also have a veg/flower switch too, which is pretty badass if you only have one tent.

Have a great day guys!

I agree with iluvsnow 100%.

I'm sure those Platinum LEDs are pretty awesome, and I totally agree that Mars Hydro has a bit of a language barrier on their support side that could use some work.

However, at $369 that P300 doesn't look nearly as appealing as the Mars II 400 for $189. You're right; the Platinum draws a little less juice than the Mars, particularly when the Platinum is in veg, but that's a few years' worth of power to get to the breakeven point considering that the Platinum is nearly double the cost. The Mars also uses 5W LEDs vs. 3W on the Platinum, which will supposedly better penetrate the canopy. The 5W is newer tech in any case.

Sure, the Mars website looks like it was written by someone with a less-than-cursory knowledge of English. Sure their advice may be wonky sometimes. Personally, I could care less what the manufacturer tells me, I want some damn evidence. I've seen plenty of evidence here to show that the Mars works pretty damn well, especially for the money. And from what I've read, pretty much all LED grow lights are made in the same damn place anyway.

Supergroomer, if you think the 400 might be too big for you, there's always the Reflector series, the smallest one (48x3) only sells for $96.99. They also have a veg/flower switch too, which is pretty badass if you only have one tent.

Have a great day guys!

5w LEDs are unproven tech, and certainly not 'new'. they also run very, very hot, requiring adfitional cooling, and also which means you can't get the unit as close as units with 3w LEDs and secondary lensing, which the Platinum units have. Cursor has grown a 7 foot+ plant from seed under a Platinum unit, penetration is not an issue.

Platinum's LEDs are made in the US, and are not the bottom shelf widespread cheaper Chinese units used in most of the other LED panels :peace:

You know what .. frankly I think it is just bad taste to go on a vendor's thread and start promoting a competing product. Plain and simple. Bad taste man.

How would you like for us to go on the Platinum thread and start promoting MARS?

I think out of common courtesy one should respect that this thread is about MARS not Platinum. Read the title.

This isn't a vendors thread, it's someone asking for info, which I am providing. to be honest, I wouldn't care if someone talked about other LED panels in a Platinum thread, you can even do it in my journal if you like, I don't care.

I don't work for MARS or any other vendor. Just a guy growing some love. It makes no difference to me what anyone buys.

You sir, are rude and out of order. I will not entertain you further.

Good day.

Hello Theengineer,U said platinum led made in US, please provide some factory picture to us. like this pictures. I hope everyone can tell the truth.All the information we provide are real .
10579394_538201386313189_1059785175_n.jpg
IMG_8172.JPG
IMG_81544.JPG
QQ_20140916181937.jpg
QQ_20140916181932.jpg
IMG_81474.JPG
IMG_81363.JPG
IMG_81334.JPG
5w LEDs are unproven tech, and certainly not 'new'. they also run very, very hot, requiring adfitional cooling, and also which means you can't get the unit as close as units with 3w LEDs and secondary lensing, which the Platinum units have. Cursor has grown a 7 foot+ plant from seed under a Platinum unit, penetration is not an issue.

Platinum's LEDs are made in the US, and are not the bottom shelf widespread cheaper Chinese units used in most of the other LED panels :peace:

why would I provide factory images on behalf of PlatinumLED, and even if I did, how would it prove or disprove that the LEDs they use are made in the USA?

your pictures are very nice, but I'm not sure that they prove PlatinumLEDs are not US made. I'm very confused by your post, and your questioning of the truth, but will give you the benefit of the doubt and put it down to a language thing as I don't think you'd really be so silly as to accuse another manufacturer of lying about where their LEDs come from..

I've tested both the all-in-one spectrum vs. flowering-specific during the flowering stage. In my opinion, my results were much better using the flowering-specific lights. I've repeated my tests thru 3 grows now, and still contend the flowering-specific lights produce better results.
I am striving to perfect my grow, in order to get licensed and produce the finest, organically grown weed available.

Back
Top Bottom