MARS LED Lighting Choices

HazeyHaze

Hey guys, got a few questions regarding Led lights.
I've been looking into mostly mars reflectors, though Im not to sure on what Im going to need.
On a $1-350 dollar budget.

Space isnt that large, your average closet, 3x3x8 , And im expecting to grow 4 decent plants assuming I have FFOF Soil , FFTrio nutes, a good airflow etc. etc. Let me know what you think would be best, or if you could even suggest a better light for me.

I'm debating, On either

Two MarsHydro 300W Reflector Veg/Flower switch / 180W True Watt
96PCS*3W
14600 Lumen, 559mmx264mmx50mm
4 PANELS ALL TOGETHER

Or

One MarsHydro 450W Reflector Veg/Flower switch / 280W true watt
144PCS*3W
21900 Lumen, 559mmx264mmx50mm
THREE PANELS

Orrrr

One MarsHydro 700w grow panel / 330W true watt
140PCS*5W
18900 Lumen, 380mmX380mmX90mm

ONE PANEL

What would be the best?
Im not sure, assuming two 300w reflectors.

Considering having two mars 300w reflectors would give me a 600w fake estimate, and 360 true watts VS. 700 watt fake estimate, 330 true watts, And I can shift them around since its two.
I've read that mars reflectors only have 3w diodes, vs. a non reflector having 5w diodes. But the reflector series has the veg/flower cycle switches. So im not sure, but my self estimate would be two 300w reflectors, which at a good deal, cost's the same as a 700w, and almost half of the 450w.

I have the 900watt Mars,,I would get it for that space, wish I bought the 1200 you almost never have all the light you want, more light more yield get all the light you can :thumb:

I just got the Mars Hydro Reflector 144x3, and that singular model now ships with 144x5 watt LEDS.

Just a little "Wattage" information concerning the new Mars Hydro Reflector 144x5w unit I installed. According to my Kill A Watt, the panel is pulling 363 true watts from the wall with both Veg and Flower lights engaged. Flower only is pulling 302 watts, Veg only is pulling 94 watts. I know 302+94 doesn't equal 363, but those are the numbers being drawn.

I need to buy a new light for a 3'x3', one plant, scrog grow by the end of the month... Trying to decide between the 900 Mars 2, or the SS 315 cmh.. The 110v SS315 draws about 360 watts... I've found the 315 shipped for $440... still a little pricey... The 900 Mars 2 is about $90 cheaper... The Mars site rates the Mars 2 900 at a 400-450 watt draw... Since i've only used 430 HPS before, i'll only be changing the quality of the light, and not saving much on power or heat... If i had the money i'd buy both and do a side by side, wishful thinking.........

get the Mars 900 It would be a perfect fit for a 3x3 tent. I had to keep it about 28" above plants for veg, now its 18" above during late stage of flower,you don't hear many people talk about distance of lite above plants wish they would add that info ;),I had to start high and work my way low until she = KUSH PLANT didn't like it then backed it off a little, this would save everyone a little time

I highly appreciate all the feedback ladies , and gentlemen! Think i'm going to settle with the 900w once I get the cash saved up for it. Im glad I asked around, I wanted the medium pick light, not too expensive, not too cheap, and gonna do the job for what i'm intending.
Thanks for the measurements 4 finger, I'll be sure to set my babies up accordingly and see how they react, still in a money saving phase, with a couple bagseed's and cfl's going together untill I get that led. Jb, I really like the reflector, but if the 900w is going to do the job, I think I want to invest in a 900, and then get some of those reflector series. Not too experienced with Led grows, And I cant have the heat from a HID/HPS, I could bare with it, but I really cant afford a high velocity air intake and outake system that it would require. I have a few half ass fans at the moment, think im gonna go out and buy a few old squirrel cages and flanges in a couple days. Supergroomer, may I ask how many plants in your flower tent, and what the distance from them are? Cause my intention really, is get the maximum yield I can out of what I invest, to make up for my investments. So getting rid of a half ounce would cover my whole $500 dollar budget. and then my next cycle, would be merely my own satisfaction.

I highly appreciate all the feedback ladies , and gentlemen! Think i'm going to settle with the 900w once I get the cash saved up for it. Im glad I asked around, I wanted the medium pick light, not too expensive, not too cheap, and gonna do the job for what i'm intending.
Thanks for the measurements 4 finger, I'll be sure to set my babies up accordingly and see how they react, still in a money saving phase, with a couple bagseed's and cfl's going together untill I get that led. Jb, I really like the reflector, but if the 900w is going to do the job, I think I want to invest in a 900, and then get some of those reflector series. Not too experienced with Led grows, And I cant have the heat from a HID/HPS, I could bare with it, but I really cant afford a high velocity air intake and outake system that it would require. I have a few half ass fans at the moment, think im gonna go out and buy a few old squirrel cages and flanges in a couple days. Supergroomer, may I ask how many plants in your flower tent, and what the distance from them are? Cause my intention really, is get the maximum yield I can out of what I invest, to make up for my investments. So getting rid of a half ounce would cover my whole $500 dollar budget. and then my next cycle, would be merely my own satisfaction.
,This is what you get with the mars 900watt this was on day 37 of flower in a 4x4 scrog net
day_37_of_flower_Kush_016.JPG
,hope this helps

Nice, How many plants and how long did you veg?? clone or seed?? Be sure to let us know how it finishes...

[1 ] 00 Kush plant, vegged her for 9 weeks from seed, now on day like maybe 56?I believe in scrog for sure ,I think if you have the space veg for a couple months to get a nice yield.:lot-o-toke:

[1 ] 00 Kush plant, vegged her for 9 weeks from seed, now on day like maybe 56?I believe in scrog for sure ,I think if you have the space veg for a couple months to get a nice yield.:lot-o-toke:

I so agree ... if you have the space, veg as long as you can. Best yields and quality IMHO:goodjob: Nice looking canopy!

Sara,
Do you know If/When the other Mars Hydro Reflector series (besides the 144x5w) might be available with 5w LEDs?
Thanks
JB

In US? I believe now we have the 96x5w, as to other lights, might still be waiting some times :circle-of-love:
Sara,
Do you know If/When the other Mars Hydro Reflector series (besides the 144x5w) might be available with 5w LEDs?
Thanks
JB

Ni Hao Sara,

I know that you have been helping other members get the high quality lighting they need for years! I think I am going to buy a lighting system soon but I am not sure what to get.

I am just trying to get as much power as possible for a small first time grow on a budget (I'm thinking the 700W might be possible, but I see the prices vary depending on where you look).

Will there be any problem with shipping to Canada? I don't want to get stuck with huge shipping fees on top of the cost of the light. I would be using this for both veg/bloom - it would be my one and only primary light.

xièxie Sara! :Namaste:

Sorry for my late reply alphahelix, have you ordered the light yet? :circle-of-love: Can you tell me more about your growing space so I can recommend the right light to you? We have stock in Canada so there will be no tax needed. :thumb: You can email me if you like to. I will get back to you ASAP. :thanks:
Ni Hao Sara,

I know that you have been helping other members get the high quality lighting they need for years! I think I am going to buy a lighting system soon but I am not sure what to get.

I am just trying to get as much power as possible for a small first time grow on a budget (I'm thinking the 700W might be possible, but I see the prices vary depending on where you look).

Will there be any problem with shipping to Canada? I don't want to get stuck with huge shipping fees on top of the cost of the light. I would be using this for both veg/bloom - it would be my one and only primary light.

xièxie Sara! :Namaste:

I've been researching this subject through this awesome forum, I'd like to set myself up with a capn style perpetual grow, I also want to go with led instead of hps, unless the leds won't be able to equal or better the results, the system calls for a giant scrog of a single plant under a 600hps
In a 4x4 area, I've heard so many mixed opionons already I'm still not sure what to go with and I may even get a led and a 600hps and do a side by side journal, so if anyone is able to give advice on this matter id really appreciate it, also if anyone knows of any good journals with 1 plant in scrog under a led I'd really like to read it, this is the link for the grow system from this forum I'd like to mimic
How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors

Back
Top Bottom