Mars Reflector 48 - An 'As It Is Happening' Report On The Use Of This Light

Oldbear

Hi everyone. I didn't see a thread on Mars Reflector use so I thought Id start this one.

A Little Background

I have limited indoor and outdoor growing experience.

Indoors, I have only used cfls and florescent tube grow lights.

I was looking for a basic starter level LED for a 2 x 2 cabinet grow. I need one for winter growing of 1 to 3 plants one at a time. Also I plan to use it for starting plants before moving them outdoors in late May.

My biggest challenge is odour management. The family doesn't like the smell so this is an experiment to make sure that I can keep that under control. Better lights for bigger areas will follow only if I can solve this problem. For now I'm venting the grow room (not just a tent or cabinet) hoping that this reduced pressure will prevent any airflow into the rest of the place.

I needed to find an inexpensive light that would give me reasonable results. After many interweb searches and lots of reading in these forums I pulled the trigger on the Mars Reflector.

More to come ....

Ill fill in more details on the setup.

For today, this is my little sprout on its first day under the new light, Its 7 days old and just out of the solo cup.

sproutweek12.JPG

This is the plant after one week under the Mars Reflector 16/8 on veg setting. The soil is about 18 inches below the light.

I think she likes it :)

F3AB803D-DD68-4341-888B-1036B6F083C3.jpeg

Its called Channel. Don't know that much about it as it was a freebie. Thanks for stopping by :welcome:

I found this write up but I'm not 100% sure its the same thing:

Channel+

Indoor vegetative period: 2 to 3 weeks.
Indoor flowering period: Very fast, 45 to 50 days.
Indoor production (per m2): 600 grams or plus.
Outdoor height: 3 m.
Outdoor flowering period: Late September.
Outdoor production: Very high, occasionally more than 1 kg.
THC: 15% to 20%.
CBD: Very high.
Genetics: Highly potent Indica, with a Skunk touch.

Enormous aroma and amazing bouquet, perfect for SCROG cultivation. It grows up like a Sativa, thin and without many leaves. When flowering it grows taller but keeps a compact shape, as an Indica. Very fast {45 to 50 days}, and suitable for all kind of growers and growing systems. Brilliant as a mother due to the fast-rooting clones it produces. Extraordinary mental effect and also a very pleasant physical one, since its high THC and CBD percentage.

Hi everyone. I didn't see a thread on Mars Reflector use so I thought Id start this one.

A Little Background

I have limited indoor and outdoor growing experience.

Indoors, I have only used cfls and florescent tube grow lights.

I was looking for a basic starter level LED for a 2 x 2 cabinet grow. I need one for winter growing of 1 to 3 plants one at a time. Also I plan to use it for starting plants before moving them outdoors in late May.

My biggest challenge is odour management. The family doesn't like the smell so this is an experiment to make sure that I can keep that under control. Better lights for bigger areas will follow only if I can solve this problem. For now I'm venting the grow room (not just a tent or cabinet) hoping that this reduced pressure will prevent any airflow into the rest of the place.

I needed to find an inexpensive light that would give me reasonable results. After many interweb searches and lots of reading in these forums I pulled the trigger on the Mars Reflector.

More to come ....

Mars Reflector is a good choice for you to try first led
Mars is very lucky:thanks:

I am 4 weeks into bloom. one strain is black jack and the other master kush. I am using the reflector 144 in a 2x4x6 tent and love the results thus far.

Have you ever considered running a carbon scrubber for odor? I guess you've noticed by now the node spacing is tight when using led

20171116_100731.jpg
20171116_101400.jpg

Hi JD77 thanks for stopping by. Delighted you are getting great results with your Reflector 144.

Yes I'm looking into a carbon filter plus an exhaust fan. Also my little girl is very compact and stinky - exactly as advertised lol

I was thinking it was mainly the heavy indica genetics.

Do you know what it is about LEDS that contributes to tight node spacing?

Its because of the blue light in the spectrum. (tight nodes)

In veg, the plant likes the blue for growth, and like red for flower. If you were to remove most of the blue, you would get more stretch. When i had my mars, i covered the blues up with electric tape, ( yeah, over the glass ) and seen more stretch.

Its because of the blue light in the spectrum. (tight nodes)

In veg, the plant likes the blue for growth, and like red for flower. If you were to remove most of the blue, you would get more stretch. When i had my mars, i covered the blues up with electric tape, ( yeah, over the glass ) and seen more stretch.

Thats very good to know. I think I actually like the shortness of the plant now. This is my first inside grow so I may try covering up the blue and see the difference next time

Ive raised the light and shortened the time to 16/8. The plant is stretching a bit. I need to keep her short because of cabinet height.

JD77 I don't think you could put tape on your Reflector. There is no glass panel over the leds.

Ive raised the light and shortened the time to 16/8. The plant is stretching a bit. I need to keep her short because of cabinet height.

JD77 I don't think you could put tape on your Reflector. There is no glass panel over the leds.

very true, dont stuff them either, because of fire hazard. You could add some 3500K lights would help stretch them out also. like a cheap cob setup or strips, or wavy board. ( photon phantom)

Here we are at day 28. I'm pleased with the plant's progress and the veg performance of this light. The bloom light is on now and Ive dropped the light to 14/10. Will go to 12/12 next week.

6DC7104F-F83B-47B8-93B7-BB7017DDF041.jpeg

I do have some mild crispy tips. Operator error - didn't raise the light when I tuned on the bloom side.

Back
Top Bottom