Mars Reflector 96x5 or 144x5 for 2x3 closet?

tetralpha

i know the reflector 96 would be perfect. but would the 144 the next step up be to much for the closet? it is 21 inches deep, 35 inches wide, 7 ft tall..
i know the reflector 144 would just barely fit, but it would also be more then 34.8 watts per sq ft? im afraid if i get the mars 700 that the heat would be to much for that tiny space, seeing as my 6 23 watt cfls are running tempts to 85 with door closed >.>... i cant find a 100cfm inline at any hydro shops.. they only have hydro farm 168cfm which i might get if its not too loud...

but back to subject, would the 96x5 be perfect fit? i have a scrog net set up already. but just curious, since its the 5w diodes, does this light still penetrate enough for if i decided to grow normal? without the scrog would it penetrate the canopy enough for a decent yield? or is this basically for scrog and sog only?

any advice helps thanks :)
?

You can always get a higher CFM fan and put a speed control on it. That lets it work more quietly and usually last longer.

It depends on the price. I use the little Mars 300 since the bloom switches, etc. do nothing for me. I found them to be the best value. You could get two of them for the price of a 96x5 and have $$$ left over. I don't seem much difference in the penetration of the different models I've seen used. I prefer more smaller lights to one larger light. It allows for way more flexibility in placement and you have a backup if one goes down.

I think the coverage listed by MH is very optimistic. I'd say cut the number in half for a good bloom coverage (like 12" x 18" for the 96x5).

Sorry - duplicate post

no way????

shit. i just bought the 96x5.... i wish i would have got that sooner.. would have just got the 144 since the coverage isnt true ;/... my closet is 18inchs by 33inches.. so hopefully this will cover my scrog i got set up in there .. i guess i could put a few cfls..

also. this is my first time growing. and im doing a scrogg since itll most likely give me the best bud for my space, so, how high should my scrog net be from the ground?? i have it light 3ft high right now, just havent cut the pvc because i dont want to make it to small so im stumped lol.

i have looked at the older model mars, i might get one of those since they use the same diodes now, seem like such a steal for the price! thanks again!
i have another journal of my grow.. its going horrible. leaves are browing turning cripy, curling up on one, the stems are red, the top of the leaf where the stem connects is dark red, u can see from top of leaf, the fox farm soil turned them dark dark green with a blue hue,, idk what to do, i flushed with water, it went normal for a week, now they turned brown cripy and dieing from the bottom.. i gave 1.5m calmag to 2litres of water. fed them.. nothing tho..
growing is hard... i can see how difficult it is now...

Back
Top Bottom