Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

Man I have to admit, it would be awesome to be able to grow plants, share seeds, clones and buds with other growers. You guys are living the life out there! Keep it up GB80.

Mussh- What are you waiting for? Move your ass on over here!:)

the wife and I have been talking about it.
any suggestions for a nice area?

Thank you Griz for the smoke report! Very good explanation of the traits and thorough review.:bravo: I do appreciate the time you took to put the review together. I know who to call when I need a smoke report done on one of my grows! :thumb: Thanks again!

Mussh- What are you waiting for? Move your ass on over here!:)

Anytime man! You are really good at what you do and pictures don't do justice. I'm glad to not only have had the benefit of seeing the pictures but getting to enjoy it as well.

Colorado is awesome, legalization just makes it more so. It is awesome that I have someone to call when I have extra plants looking for a home, need some advice or just want to get together and shoot the shit. It was also awesome to meet you in person, you are a really cool dude.

Anytime man! You are really good at what you do and pictures don't do justice. I'm glad to not only have had the benefit of seeing the pictures but getting to enjoy it as well.

Colorado is awesome, legalization just makes it more so. It is awesome that I have someone to call when I have extra plants looking for a home, need some advice or just want to get together and shoot the shit. It was also awesome to meet you in person, you are a really cool dude.

Agreed! Great to meet you too and anytime you need anything you give me a call. Post it up when you pop those beans! I'm pretty excited to watch them grow since I don't have the time to start a completely new grow right now. You are a pretty cool dude yourself, I think I'm a good judge of character, and you seem pretty straight forward. It was a pleasure to meet you Griz!

Mussh- Pretty much anywhere in Colorado is a nice place. You just got to do your homework before you decide to rent or buy. Like anywhere else, there will be places you might not feel safe for your family to live. Cost of living will be a little higher when you move to a city with a lot of military bases. Just do your homework. You know what city I live in, it's a good place to live and a few forum members live in this area so its good for social calls and sharing:passitleft: lol

So with all the problems I was having with the big Purps, I decided to chop it a few days ago. This WAS NOT the jello cup purps.
I'm going to attempt a quick smoke report. I'm not expecting it to be as good as Griz smoke report or same format but here we go.

Purps- Total dried 28.4 grams. Grown under MarsHydro mars2 900 watt LED (430 actual).
First let me say that the name does not describe the bud color at all. The color of this bud was more yellow with hints of green and beautiful amber pistils. Giving the buds an almost fuzzy look to them.
Smell- A bit of chemical smell along with honey, fresh cut grass and slight pine aroma.
Taste-(burned) Green taste almost hay. Probably from trimming wet as I know the taste well from past harvests. Has a slight "purple" flavor, but more natural. Finish with a blast of green tea and honey. Reminds me of Arizona Green Tea.
Effect- Creeper for sure. After a couple minutes I found myself wanting to smoke more. However, I waited and finally effects were felt about 7 minutes in. The high comes on slowly, very deep body buzz. If I didn't have to walk the dog, I could have easily sat on the couch and gotten lost in a good movie. About 30 minutes in, I got that tired feeling. The Indica trait I strive most for. Sleep was immanent if I didn't get up and do something productive. After pushing through the bout of extreme sleepiness, the buzz finally calmed down to a point of euphoric relaxation. Buzz has lasted about 2 hours and is fading as I type.

Overall thoughts- Decent Flower having good bag appeal with a wonderfully Mello Indica buzz. Pain just seemed to melt away along with my motivation. Good night meds for me, as it helps me relax to the point of wanting to pass out where I sit. Not at all speedy. Taste I believe was waisted on a wet trim. I think drying, then trimming would have brought out the flavors I was hoping to see dominate the flower. Potency was medium at best. Not so strong I was uncomfortable, yet not so weak I was longing for more. Desired effects for seasoned smokers would take more than what I use for myself. 4 or 5 small tokes from a pipe had me feeling right where I wanted to be. Coming down, I am noticing a slight headache. Kind of what I get when bud isn't fully cured and it makes sense, as the flower was just jarred yesterday.
Conclusion- I would give this harvest of "Purps" a final grade of
7/10.
Not disappointing, but certainly not what I was hoping for... will try to post pics tomorrow.
End.
GB80

Side by side defoliation update:
No Defoliation plant on left- looking really healthy, nice dark leaves, buds ahead of the other plant. I'd say she looks about a week ahead.
Defoliated plant- went in the tent 3 days after the non defoliated plant, but is behind in hight, bud growth and root mass. She dosent drink as much as the non defoliated plant.
So far, I am feeling like an idiot defoliating..... plant just seems happier at this point in time.

Screenshot_2015-08-21-19-03-46.png

Very nice test you ran there. Subbed

Very nice test you ran there. Subbed

Thanks, I was trying to complete the side by side but it's not going good. The non defoliated plant has light burn to the point of no return. Along with the other issues she had, I decided to cull her. Going to try and cut it down and reveg it along side another couple plants. Will try another SxS in a couple months under hps.

Mussh- Pretty much anywhere in Colorado is a nice place. You just got to do your homework before you decide to rent or buy. Like anywhere else, there will be places you might not feel safe for your family to live. Cost of living will be a little higher when you move to a city with a lot of military bases. Just do your homework. You know what city I live in, it's a good place to live and a few forum members live in this area so its good for social calls and sharing:passitleft: lol

couldn't help but chime in here... only been in CO for 9 months, but I'll never leave!! just watch out for the drivers around here man; you seriously have to watch your ass on the road here!! :)

couldn't help but chime in here... only been in CO for 9 months, but I'll never leave!! just watch out for the drivers around here man; you seriously have to watch your ass on the road here!! :)

In all fairness, Denver has terrible drivers because most of those folks transferred here from Cali and don't believe in merging. Colorado Springs same thing but most of the people are transferred from Texas. Warning come winter, avoid being around anyone with Texas plates because they didn't know cars can slide.

I joke, Colorado is a diverse group of people and an awesome diversity at that. While not perfect, driving being the biggest reason, we are pretty darn close :)

I'm from Florida and I still drive better in the snow than most of these idiots here...lol
Don't even get me started on merging... from my place getting on to 115 has a half mile merge lane but everyone still stops and waits for the light to turn green. Idiots!

Finaly..... Someone like me! To many idiots who just can't get there head around the road lol

Just an update on the jello cup Purps.

It has pretty much lost all its leaves and the ones there are yellow. It's time to chop her down. I will cut her down tonight and hang her till dry. Will be a slow dry ( hopefully ). Really don't care how much the seeds progressed, but it sure would be nice to get a couple mature for future grows. So I will post a pic tonight before I chop her down, so you guys and gals in the contest will get a look. Sure does look like she will go more than I thought!
GB80

I am no longer attempting the side by side. The burnt plant wouldn't recover and the defoliated plant was given to a friend to finish up. I'm trying to get the Citrix to finish, but everyday she keeps packing on weight and new pistils. Seeds look like they are maturing good so another couple weeks before I can cut her down and clean up the tent for my next grow.
I might put in the metal halide lamp for the last couple weeks... any thoughts on that?

Hey GB. First of all it's great to hear that the jello cup is going to pull more than you thought. I remain optimistic that I'll be near to the weight if not under :) I hope the seeds are viable that you get from her, they'll need drying for a month or so anyway before being used so maybe (I've no idea) they could still mature a little if that's the case.

Sorry to hear the non defol didn't make it, everything was looking promising on your side by side until that burn but at least the other one is fine. I'd love to see a full grow side by side though as I'm still uncertain on defol at the moment (I don't use it particularly unless you count full branches when lollipopping), if ever you're thinking of running one again I'll be really interested in how it turns out.

As for adding Metal Halide to the grow I've read that this can help with production of some of the advanced terpines in MJ that LED only grows lack (lab test results from a thread discussing LED'S. It was actually an LED manufacturer that admitted this deficiency which I thought was pretty cool and honest of them. If I can remember the link I'll send it over if you're interested). As for yield I don't know whether it would affect it that much, but there's only one way to find out my friend ;)

All the best..Come on 14g! (I hope that was my guess as I've not read back lol, Come on 40g! just in case) :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom