Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

Haha.. yeah Kriaze 14 was your guess. If there is viable seed, then I'll let it sit for a while. I'm not going to be starting any more grows till I get out of this apartment. I will be trying a couple side by sides when I do get into a house. Led vs HID (both 400 watt) is the one I really want to try. Also the defoliation, but it's going to be a few months before that all happens. I think I'll try the metal halide on my next grow. Really want to finish this tent up so I can clean it out and sterilize everything before the Lucy goes in. I don't want any crap from this grow messing that one up (stray pollen).

I was thinking about putting it(J.C.PURPS) in the dark... never done it. Read a lot where people say it's more resin glands after 24 hours and some call bullshit. Personally I call bull shit, but figure I'd try it. What the hell could it hurt? So I'll post a pic in a minute and throw her in the dark till tomorrow night then chop. Just to see if I think it made a difference.

Jello cup Purps
Looks a lot greener in the pic:) but it's mostly yellow with a touch of green in person. Anyways, it's time. I'm tired of dealing with it, and from this point on its just going to get worse. Here's the pic. I'll find the post of people who entered and post it up again. Thanks everyone! Keep your fingers crossed.

Screenshot_2015-09-07-11-43-12.png

Well mate I reckon as I've got the top weight guess I'll have this competition in the bag. I'm not in the US though so no gifts for me, but I enjoyed the taking part (and winning, you know it's coming lol).

As for the dark period I do it myself, so that may influence your decision and make you realise it must be BS if this noob does it. All the best :)

Haha.. yeah bud, too late. Wouldn't be fair, I'd have to let everyone change their guess. Good try though! I'm going to be doing another here pretty soon. I think 420 should do a contest on jello or yogurt cup grows! Would be cool to see more people doing it and getting pissed off about all the care it takes to grow a root bound plant (root bound in 3 weeks). Was fun but a pain in my ass, and I'm glad it's almost over!

I might have to try that defol side by side on my next grow, I'm really curious. Personally I tuck leaves I don't want and yellowing ones under the growth I do want. Eventually they fall off naturally. I currently feel that a plant keeps it's own balance, creating growth as needed. Since I can't order a plant what to do, I cannot ensure that cutting off the extra growth will tell the plant to quit growing leaves and focus on other things. I'm not an expert but I notice a correlation between fast development of undergrowth on my stems as the stems grow longer. I have to wonder if the intent of the small leaves is to make the stems stronger to hold more weight. Why is it that people that seem to clear the undergrowth also need to support the stems. I have some outdoor bushes in my yard with thin stems, some 36" long. If I clear the foliage from bottom to top, the stem starts to fall over as it gets top heavy. The growth down the stem supports the weight, maybe marijuana it's the same. Just a thought.

Thanks mussh!

So the Jello cup Purps has just been chopped. Drying the old fashioned way, in a cool dark closet. Checked one of the calyx and there is seed, but so small even if I removed them it probably wouldn't be more than .05 grams. They will stay in the buds since they will be smoked with the buds:). I'll give her a good trim in a few days and post up the numbers. Good luck to those who took a guess!
GB80

So the Jello cup Purps has been dried, manicured, and weighed:thumb:

Here are the guesses one more time
Kriaze - 14 g
T.G.- 4.3 g
Dennise - 8.5 g
S.F.68 - 3 g
Mussh - 5 g
Randy355 - 3.75 g

Screenshot_2015-09-11-17-35-28.png

Congrats to mussh! Only .19 of a gram off. I'll contact you by pm and set up the prize shipment.

Thank you to those who played, I would love to do this again some time soon even though it really was a pain in the butt... it was fun:)

Mods please move to completed journals, thank you

Back
Top Bottom