Martha Stewart will help to develop various CBD products

This little tidbit was reported in the news yesterday. She'll lend her name to her first venture with Canopy Growth, “sensible products for people’s beloved pets.” Now if I had to name one person on this planet I don't trust, that would be Martha Stewart. I bought towels she put her name on, and after five washings figured I could put them in with other laundry. They bled their dye, destroying over three hundred dollars worth of clothing. I contacted her company many times in an attempt to at least get acknowledgement of this. It was a black hole, nothing came back. This was twenty years ago. The towels still bleed after hundreds of washings. It seems she, and her company have only one concern - their bottom line.

So, Canopy Growth has given me another reason to stay well clear of their products.

I feel ya Old Salt, seems like manufacturers that get celeb involvement/endorsements often spend way more on the celeb than the product. I will say though if there's something left of your towels to wash after 20 yrs, someone did something right along the way. I can't really call my decades old towels towels anymore lol. More like big frayed rectangles of cloth that once dried something!

As much as I dislike any Big Business Branding, especially on OUR beloved culture WE share, this could be helpful to OUR cause.

In smaller communities, like where I live, demonization of Cannabis is STILL very popular in the "better homes and gardens" crowd. These people are VERY influential, as they are very active in the community, and more importantly, the city/township/county government. Their specific opinions affect the lives of people they've never met. These people Worship ole Martha, and the ground she walks upon. So, if Martha says CBD is something good enough for her namesake, so shall it be for them as well.

Soon enough, the local "knitting club" will work WITH OUR cause, instead of Demonizing it.

Note: Martha can walk the Plank, as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom