Martok's First Grow: 30 Mystery Seeds Grow Journal, Fall 2020

We’re 3 days into Week 5 of flowering. After getting some cal-may and light nutrients in them Tuesday, the yellowing appears to have stopped and they generally look healthier. Making sure pH is correct after mixing nutrients and cal-mag.

The other tent is 5 days Into Week 2 of flowering. I replaced the male plant with the small window plant I had going.

The single auto is getting close to harvest. More hairs are brown everyday on the biggest buds so keeping my eye on them and the trichomes. I’d like to let some of them get a little amber.

59A12C84-D054-40D9-95F8-3D0A7750769E.jpeg

AED6CDC8-1029-41CF-93AB-93171621E127.jpeg

8B3A49B1-F371-410A-9D19-EC1941C5B36C.jpeg

7E539F98-EDF7-4D86-9265-220EE9A0C8A7.jpeg

85820422-C8DC-4852-B386-5B6086D6217C.jpeg

CBE06600-BC29-4DF5-9D64-98FE86978808.jpeg

6A0D0309-1FDD-49B3-9DC7-8448DB861EAD.jpeg

D741E400-A658-4855-BC3D-E583AC9592F3.jpeg
Just enjoying the grow:popcorn:

Hey what’s up big guy?

Nice bends and elbows, they are packing on weight. Hey - My pleasure! I like the way you think ahead on this, you’ve got great instincts. The part about lowering N on the NPK side to make way for the N that’s in cal-mag... shows you’ve been studying up. Now that you mention it there is one brand / blend of cal-mag that is zero on the N, too bad I’m a stoner and forgot to mention that part until now. But you’ve got a fine work around planned. Yeah man - you’ve got this nailed - just keep her between the ditches!

Ok awesome, hoping to get some of those zero-N bloom nutrients soon. I've checked out @Emilya's thread about making your own cal-mag and I'm really pumped to give that a try with eggs from my our happy chickens in the future.

I’d recommend bud washing plus the low and slow fridge curing, combined it will beat the pants off most anything your crew has ever smoked...

I don’t do the baking soda & lemon juice version of bud washing, for mine it’s just 3 buckets lukewarm tap water, not too hot, not too cold... Bear in mind the lemon juice & baking soda version is how professional chefs wash veggies. I mention the last one as a remedy, say you have heavy critters, maybe bud rot or powdery mold at harvest, there is a version where you use hydrogen peroxide mix in first bucket to clean up the funk. Anyway thought you should know & tuck that one away just in case.

And great! I've been slowly wrapping my head around that very cool thread @PK shared about the low and slow curing. What a fascinating thread! Me and the folks are gonna talk about how we could best do this, we might have a spare mini fridge/freezer (bigger than dorm size, about 4-5ft tall, slim). Might have to go traditional with the auto coming up while we make room or figure it out for the main harvest.

And good tip about the washing! That's a new concept to me too this past week, I've seen the 3 buckets and h202 methods about equally so far.

Welcome, pal! Thanks for checking it out! :welcome:

You're just in time the good stuff I think in the next few weeks.
I came across your grow strangely, looking for what other people were using for light in a 4X4. I just flipped my girls and I've been told by :420: community my lights suck. After doing some research, I find they're right. I see your using two similar lights in your 4x4. I only have one BESTVA 1000. I was wondering if another one would work.

A
I came across your grow strangely, looking for what other people were using for light in a 4X4. I just flipped my girls and I've been told by :420: community my lights suck. After doing some research, I find they're right. I see your using two similar lights in your 4x4. I only have one BESTVA BESTVA 1000. I was wondering if another one would work.
Ah okay I see, yeah the ones in my 4x4 are pretty similar. I think you could add a second one of the same and get great results, personally. However, in my early weeks they were kinda slow. I found they responded really great with the veg and bloom switches flipped on for 90% of the time, creating that 'blurple' color.

Eventually, though I would like that MARS HYDRO 3000W and would like to use the two iSmilies in my 1x4' veg and seedling chambers of the tent.

A

Ah okay I see, yeah the ones in my 4x4 are pretty similar. I think you could add a second one of the same and get great results, personally. However, in my early weeks they were kinda slow. I found they responded really great with the veg and bloom switches flipped on for 90% of the time, creating that 'blurple' color.

Eventually, though I would like that MARS HYDRO 3000W and would like to use the two iSmilies in my 1x4' veg and seedling chambers of the tent.
Yes.. looking at the ts3000 as we speak. I have to buy something. My one light isn't enough. I had know Idea.

Same, man, I had a similar issue when I got my lights. I originally got one of each before learning I needed to double my lights in both of the tents.
The idea of spending more money and shelving light I have. Are you happy with quality and yields with those two lights. Would you do anything different. Would you if you had another chance buy 1 bigger better light instead of just adding one more to 4X4 setup?

If you can make a space somewhere for the light you have, it might be great for seedlings and veg. Then you could flip to flowers under your new big one in the 4x4, so you’re always in flowering.

I was definitely running low on funds which is why I went with my 2 iSmiles in the 4x4. I’ll get my first harvest from them in another month, and I’ll have a better idea about results. But I’m very pleased with them so far personally. They’re huge plants now and seemhave grown according to the expected timeline so far.

If I could do it again, I would have maybe gotten one bigger MARS HYDRO for my 4x4, and stuck one of the iSmiles in my 3x3.

Have you started any plants under your light yet? I would maybe start them and when you see growth you’ll feel a lot better about perhaps just adding a second light. Or if you’re unhappy, you can upgrade. One light would be fine for the first week or two imo.

PlThe idea of spending more money and shelving light I have. Are you happy with quality and yields with those two lights. Would you do anything different. Would you if you had another chance buy 1 bigger better light instead of just adding one more to 4X4 setup?

The idea of spending more money and shelving light I have. Are you happy with quality and yields with those two lights. Would you do anything different. Would you if you had another chance buy 1 bigger better light instead of just adding one more to 4X4 setup?
Also one advantage of having the two lights instead of one big one was being able to adjust the height of half the tent’s light if I need to depending on your plants’ growth and if it’s uneven or different ages.

Hey plant daddy,

Don’t follow my lead here but I started with T5 fluorescents and it wasn’t enough, got a 315 cmh light, it did good but I wanted to grow some honkers, got a 600 hps and it did real good but still wasn’t satisfied and got 2 mars sp250‘s....

It’s true - your current fixture won’t be wasted, use it for clones seedlings and veg as Martok said but get another light for flower and then with 2 setups you can run perpetually. You don’t have to have a tent for the clones, seedlings and veg since light leaks can’t hurt them - all you need is to keep temps right and you can grow on a shelf or on top of the fridge. Then use your tent and the new light for flower... anywho - hope this helps and that you get it figured out!

Almost 5 full weeks in flowering now, growing more concerned with leaf issues. The yellowing and even purple a couple leaves....starting to worry about my roots. In a perfect world I would have up-potted these before flipping or once I knew the males were out....hoping they hold on a few more weeks.

The ones in 5 gal are 2 weeks into flowering now, so far so good. They got water and nutrients and cal-mag last night. The Auto is getting closer.

01A66AF6-53FB-45BE-AF92-0211A4E96003.jpeg

92E7E5E1-1A82-4148-AB25-F51273F7F8A7.jpeg

772EB369-D287-4A1A-BDF2-5D1F65ADE656.jpeg

2E56EB3A-193B-4941-ABB9-CF8822C8DA72.jpeg

8691279B-D2AA-4E0D-AFC0-C5A1E0C9502C.jpeg

FC92CDBE-180B-4AFE-B347-DBB6654D96D6.jpeg

086560B0-9D9C-4E3D-98EB-40520F56F0F0.jpeg

2DCF489B-A009-4E30-8988-3D5C230A25CC.jpeg

Hey plant daddy,

Don’t follow my lead here but I started with T5 fluorescents and it wasn’t enough, got a 315 cmh light, it did good but I wanted to grow some honkers, got a 600 hps and it did real good but still wasn’t satisfied and got 2 mars sp250‘s....

It’s true - your current fixture won’t be wasted, use it for clones seedlings and veg as Martok said but get another light for flower and then with 2 setups you can run perpetually. You don’t have to have a tent for the clones, seedlings and veg since light leaks can’t hurt them - all you need is to keep temps right and you can grow on a shelf or on top of the fridge. Then use your tent and the new light for flower... anywho - hope this helps and that you get it figured out!
I pulled the trigger on a Mars ts3000. Having a little buyers remorse thinking I'm gonna wish I spent more and got two smaller ones. Either way... My plants will appreciate new light and I'm in. I'll cross bridges as they come. This comment and other have all help guide me in making a tough decision. I could have spent more. I could have spent less. I think I chose something in the middle. I'm curious 013. What size space do you have those sp250's in? light still hasn't shipped which means I can still change my order lol.

Hey plant daddy,

I'm stuck with only having 4 plants at a time. I have a very supportive wife, but when I floated the idea of a veg tent, I got shut down. :headbanger:

I pulled the trigger on a Mars ts3000. Having a little buyers remorse thinking I'm gonna wish I spent more and got two smaller ones. Either way... My plants will appreciate new light and I'm in. I'll cross bridges as they come. This comment and other have all help guide me in making a tough decision. I could have spent more. I could have spent less. I think I chose something in the middle. I'm curious 013. What size space do you have those sp250's in? light still hasn't shipped which means I can still change my order lol.
to call a user you need a @ in front of their username.. This will notify the user.

I'm stuck with only having 4 plants at a time. I have a very supportive wife, but when I floated the idea of a veg tent, I got shut down. :headbanger:
might need to do some magic work and get her approval :thumb:

to call a user you need a @ in front of their username.. This will notify the user.

might need to do some magic work and get her approval :thumb:
I will keep trying... She is very idealistic about the legality of the grow. I will keep deploying the Magic as often as I can tho.:laugh:

I will keep trying... She is very idealistic about the legality of the grow. I will keep deploying the Magic as often as I can tho.:laugh:
i'm not sure of your states rules for growing, but definitely have a look at the fine print.

I'm pretty sure even a seedling counts as a plant here in Victoria Canada.
oh shit. lol, greetings from van bc. yes, even seedlings count as plants, but you can grow 4 in flower. seedlings aren't flowers stage yet, but double check the rules. i don't want to miss inform you

Back
Top Bottom