MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor - Soilless Mix - Grow Journal

MaryJWanna

Welcome to my first Grow and Grow Journal.:welcome:
Here are some stats.

Train Wreck Strain (%90 Sativa, %10 Indica)
4x4x6 Indoor Grow Tent
Soil-less blend (mixture of perlite, verm. and peat)
10 Gallon container
H.O.G. Nutes for flowering (1 part Grow, 2 part micro nutrients, 3.5 Bloom)
600 Watt Solis Tek HPS on Solis Tek Digital Ballast
PH is from 6.2-6.6 (Water and Run-off) (Using Tap Water Ph 6.8)
20" fan for circulation
4" inline fan to scrubber.

Back Story
Vegged for 3 months from seed on 18/6 schedule
Sprouted on window sill, then a Reptile UV light/florescent, then I got a real MH

Crafty Crap=SRCOG is made out of Modified Hockey Netting Zip Tied to Posts. :bravo:

Say Hello, here she is day one of Flower

20140119_080448.jpg
20140119_080456.jpg

As you can see on some lower leaves, we had issues with calcium/mag. deficiency due to using distilled water which my rookie self didn't realize had no essential micro nutrients so I switched to tap water which has a better pH than the bottled water. (and less trips to the store :yahoo:)

:love: Love to hear your tips and tricks from your experiences. I try to research a lot (found lots of crap) but hands on experience is where its at. Hope you follow and join me in this awesome experience. :ganjamon::thanks:

Re: MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor (Soil less Mix) Grow Journal

Here is one of my most important lessons. 5 days into flowering I was tied up for a bit and neglected her. Was on an off water day and she was using more water in flowering and she dried out.:oops: Embarrassed to show this but if anyone can learn from this GOOOD!

Had a bit of a melt down, but she did come back. (won't ever let that happen again. :bitingnails:)

20140124_130724.jpg

3 days later...
20140127_141827.jpg

Lost quite a few leaves in the middle and lower that turned yellow and died.
Back on track again :slide:

She is now a much lighter color of green and was getting worried it was an N2 issue. Flushed her to be safe and then was told not to be so paranoid lol

20140206_070415.jpg
20140205_070645.jpg

Nice!! I feel better for you, those buds will smell like heavenly sticky sap, they are still a month away from a stink that will permiate everything within a 100 foot perimeter, don't judge by smell, just read everything you can about flowerring the righteousmostest way. Feed 'em hard! you will flush when you have 75% red (forgot the word for the white hairs that turn red) :thumb:

Here are her vitamins :) (Mixture ratio's listed on first page of journal)

20140207_190510.jpg

Sorry about the sideways picture... (gives your neck exercise lol)
20140207_190818.jpg

Here are some tools I use very often.

20140209_090646.jpg

Syringe - To measure out Nutes and suck water out of over flow trays when I flush. :)
pH papers - these are what I use for checking my solutions, water, run off. (saving for a pH pen as papers aren't as accurate)
Moisture meter - This is a meter with 3 functions. Two of them are garbage (pH and light) I use the moisture meter and it is very helpful with knowing when she is getting thirsty.

Hey Maryjwanna I was reading through your threads and was wondering what did you do for your plants that's was slightly getting brighter? In week 2 of flowering mines are kind of doing the same thing. Thanks and subbed

Hey Maryjwanna I was reading through your threads and was wondering what did you do for your plants that's was slightly getting brighter? In week 2 of flowering mines are kind of doing the same thing. Thanks and subbed

Hey Lazy leaf,
I have recently realized I'm not keeping them at the correct pH (I was keeping her at a soil pH and should be the pH of a hydro set up) and I was under feeding them (worried I'll burn them). So those two things are contributing to why they are the color they are. I have flushed her and I'm trying to get her happier ( change in pH and nutes) as the color she is presently should only be for later in the flowering stage. I have also raised the light as to not (bleach her out) as I have read this but not sure of its validity yet.
What I have noticed is that Train Wreck seems to be a lighter color generally in bloom or maybe we all just shit the bed on giving enough nitrogen??:hmmmm:
Check out Dresney's Grow journal (link above). She is also growing Train Wreck. Her's is a bit further ahead in flowering though. Loretta is the Train Wreck :)

I don't want them to be that light green that's what I'm trying to fix. I am also losing leaves in the middle and bottom that are turning yellow then falling off...

I'll check yours out later, hope you have pics if not post some please :) maybe we can figure something out for both of us.:high-five:

Yea I haven't been checking my ph regularly in this grow. But I'm about to start back. I move my lights up as well, and cutting back on the teas. Yea don't want my that green either right now. I check in on Dresney too.

Here she is in Week 3. Still haven't fully fixed the light green color yet. Giving her more nuts hope it will help as she is going to run out of inner fan leaves she can suck dry :(
20140210_184829.jpg

She is still growing and producing though.
20140211_091140.jpg

She is also starting to produce a stronger smell. (she wasn't too stinky prior)
So I watch and I wait ...

I think she is looking good. ;)

Some growers strip their babes down to less than what I can see in that photo around 21-24 days into flower, so as long as you correct whatever is stressing her, I'm sure she'll be just fine :)

I think your girl has a stronger sativa phenotype than mine. Loretta has fatter leaf blades than Pascalle, who is supposed to be indica-dominant. I wonder how our flowering times will compare. Where did you get your seed?

Glad she's getting stinky :yummy:

I think she is looking good. ;)

Some growers strip their babes down to less than what I can see in that photo around 21-24 days into flower, so as long as you correct whatever is stressing her, I'm sure she'll be just fine :)

I think your girl has a stronger sativa phenotype than mine. Loretta has fatter leaf blades than Pascalle, who is supposed to be indica-dominant. I wonder how our flowering times will compare. Where did you get your seed?

Glad she's getting stinky :yummy:

Hey Dresney, The seeds are from GreenHouse Seeds. The websites says 9 week flower for my Train Wreck. But will also be monitoring trichs closely :)

Here she is in Week 3.5 of the switch. She is still same light green with yellow leaves inside and on lower despite some changes made. (sorry about colour of photo, she is not THAT yellow lol) Also noticed a few red hairs :cheer:

20140213_083444.jpg

Gonna keep on keepin on, thinking about defoliation as suggested by KingJohn.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom