Mashikag's Soil AK-48 & Aurora Indica - First Grow & First Grow Journal - 2013

mashikag

First I should start with mentioning that this is my first grow ever so I am anticipating making a lot of mistakes.

Strains grown:
7x Nirvana Aurora Indica:
  • is an F1 hybrid of Afghan and Northern Light.
  • predominantly Indica.

5x AK-48(feminized):
  • Hybrid

Current stage:
  • Today(8 September) it's the 8th day since the begining of germination
  • 5th day since moving them into seedling flats filled with soil.

Grow room:
1.2m x 1.2m grow tent.

Light:
600watt HPS.

Soil:
Currently they are planted in Bio-Bizz Light Mix but with time I will put them into larger pots filled with Bio-Bizz All Mix.

Pot sizes:
Currently - seedling flats.
Near future - 13,5 litre square poly pots when their time comes.

Aircooled:
4" Extractor fan

Temp of Room:
So far it's been pretty bad ranging from 26 - 32 C.

RH of room:
Also pretty bad so far ranging from 25 - 40%.

PH of media:
Not sure.

Any pests:
None.

Watering:
Aprox. every 3 days(seedling flats).

Type and strength of ferts used:
Right now none are used, however I have them ready to use:
  • Bio-bizz top max
  • Bio-bizz bloom
  • Bio-bizz grow

re: Mashikag's Soil AK-48 & Aurora Indica - First Grow & First Grow Journal - 2013

So I came across first problem pretty quickly. I think I had my light set up to high and the plants have grown long and thin in stem. Yesterday(day 4) I had lowered the light and they haven't grown much higher since then and the leaves got a bit wider too. The longest plant is now around 9 cm high(day 5).

The pictures below show their current state(AK-48 on the left from the white boarder and AI on the right):
DSC_003810.jpg

DSC_004314.jpg

DSC_00458.jpg

re: Mashikag's Soil AK-48 & Aurora Indica - First Grow & First Grow Journal - 2013

subscribed. you have a lot of stretch in your seedlings, you may be able to lower your light. place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat from the light bulb and place your light above the plants at that level, raise the light as your plants grow. why do your temperatures range to 32° Celsius, is your ambient air temperature high or do you need a stronger exhaust fan? if your temperature ranges to 32° Celsius consider a cooltube reflector and a stronger inline fan for your exhaust.

Well about the temperature the tent is situated in a corner of my bedroom and there is no much airflow in there and the warm that is pumped out from the tent is let out straight back into the bedroom just over the tent. Also I haven't got any oscillating fan inside as of yet. I am considering 400watts now tbh, it would reduce the temperature at least a bit and also it would help my electricity costs. If it would still be too hot I would have to invest in the cooltube reflector then just as you said.

Btw is there anything I can/should do about the stretch in my seedlings?

here is what you can do to lessen the stretch

you have a lot of stretch in your seedlings, you may be able to lower your light. place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat from the light bulb and place your light above the plants at that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

I am sorry I should have specified that I have already used your tip when writing the other post and what I meant was is there anything else I can do to help them out. Today two of the plants started bending a little, possibly due to weight of the leaves(my guess). I have provided them with support so and also I got a tip from another thread that I could cover a bit of the stem when replanting them into the bigger pots.

After I will come back from work tonight I'll put up some pictures of them.

Day 7 in soil:

Max temp - 28.9 C
Lowest temp - 20.2 C

Max hum - 50%
Min hum - 34%

Today I needed to provide them with some sort of support as many of them have leaned to their sides. My guess would be that's because of the way they are stretched out.

DSC_005112.jpg
DSC_005010.jpg
DSC_004712.jpg
DSC_00409.jpg

Day 8 in soil:

Max temp: 29.8 C
Min temp: 19.9 C

Max hum: 50%
Min hum: 33%

DSC_004410.jpg
DSC_004610.jpg
DSC_004817.jpg
DSC_005310.jpg

Lot's of computer issues as of late. But I've finally arrived and subbed.

You're going to getting in trouble with those stretched out plants. Set your light down lower. Put your hand at the top of the canopy. Lower the light until you can "just" feel the heat.

Day 9 in soil(watering day):

Temp range: 28.9 - 19.9 C
Hum range: 63 - 43%

DSC_004818.jpg
DSC_004714.jpg
DSC_00459.jpg
DSC_004110.jpg

Day 10 in soil:

Temp range: 31 - 21.4 C
Hum range: 65 - 50%

DSC_006311.jpg
DSC_005916.jpg
DSC_005615.jpg

Hey brother, Light Addict gave you some good advice. I'm about to go out the door for the weekend. When I get back I'll post some pics of my mother plants. They are only under CFL's but are pretty nice specimens.

Have a good a weekend. :peace:

For the past ~10 days I didn't have access to internet so I could not make updates on my journal. Anyways Im back now. I have replanted the plants on Thursday evening into 13.5 liter(not fully filled) poly pots. I used bio bizz All mix for 10 of the pots and for two weaker ones I used Light mix that I had left over. Few of my stronger(faster growing plants) have developed yellow, curled up leaves at the bottom and they keep on curling up even more. I am not sure if this could magnesium deficiency or nitrogen or maybe ph of the water? What is your guess people? I need a little feedback and tips on what to do with them.

Below I attach few photos of the plants. On some of the pics you can see the bottom leaves. Btw sorry for the quality, tonight I will upload better quality photos.

IMG_067215.JPG
IMG_067016.JPG
IMG_066826.JPG
IMG_066519.JPG
IMG_066120.JPG
IMG_066021.JPG
IMG_065927.JPG
IMG_065621.JPG
IMG_065422.JPG
IMG_065320.JPG
IMG_065221.JPG

Looking good my friend are you gonna do see of green? As its gonna get awful crowded.

Thank you for the kind words. Sea of green is not what I have originally planned. There is still one row of free space in front so I would be able to fit in another 4 pots. I have placed them closely for now so they are all close to the light as possible.

Day 23 in soil - watering day:

My AK-48's are looking very good in my opinion, however I am having difficulties with the AI's. A lot of them have very dry, all yellow, curled up leaves at the bottom and also curled up and yellowish-brownish tips of the top leaves. My guess is that it's a combination of nitrogen deficiency and heat stress. Today together with watering I have fed them with Bio Grow so will see in few days if there is any improvement in the bottom part of the plants. About the heat stress I am planning on improving my ventilation system but it will take me another week at least to get all the parts and assemble it if not 2.

Aurora Indicas:
DSC_009816.jpg
DSC_008613.jpg
DSC_008318.jpg
DSC_008212.jpg
DSC_008021.jpg
DSC_00789.jpg
DSC_007512.jpg
DSC_007312.jpg

AK-48's:
DSC_009916.jpg
DSC_009713.jpg
DSC_009613.jpg
DSC_007919.jpg
DSC_007212.jpg
DSC_00667.jpg

General preview:
DSC_009015.jpg
DSC_010113.jpg
DSC_010216.jpg

Day 29 (watering day):

No real problems(at least not that I am aware of), the babies are starting to produce some smell. :love:
DSC_04216.JPG
DSC_03912.JPG
DSC_03974.JPG
DSC_03958.JPG
DSC_04059.JPG
DSC_04014.JPG
DSC_04242.JPG
DSC_04263.JPG

Back
Top Bottom