Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

My fault, Doc - I told him to stop spoon feeding. It was in that post right before his? :laugh:

He put 2 gallons in there twice, just a few days apart, along with the daily water down the top, and he could feel moist soil a few inches down, so the pot isn't likely to be very dry.

Or maybe it is dry - I'm not there. :laugh:

In any case, the plant is big enough to deal with a 20 gallon pot now. :slide:

My fault, Doc - I told him to stop spoon feeding. It was in that post right before his? :laugh:

He put 2 gallons in there twice, just a few days apart, along with the daily water down the top, and he could feel moist soil a few inches down, so the pot isn't likely to be very dry.

Or maybe it is dry - I'm not there. :laugh:

In any case, the plant is big enough to deal with a 20 gallon pot now. :slide:

Aye, that it is. This small amount of water down the top thing is helpful in larger sized containers. It's not good to have a parched upper root system and a moist lower, but it's even worse to have a moist upper and parched lower root zone.

The idea is to avoid both and get the entire container filled with roots. So, we wanted the soil to dry out uniformly, avoiding a week of parched upper roots, etc.

Containers are tricky and finnicky.

Day 69 Veg

I should have went with my instinct. The leaves looked just a little droopy last night, but I decided to be sure she was dry and ready for water. I checked on her around 12:30 this afternoon, and there was no doubt she was ready for the rescue drench.

3 gallons distilled water
3 OZ Transplant
18ML Tea

Brix + WayAhead tonight at lights on.

She may have been able to take another .5 - 1 gallon water, but I have absolutely no room between pot and saucer. The pot actually bulges out a little past the saucer. I was afraid to give her too much and have a real mess on my hands. Next time I'll try for 3.5 gallons and see what happens.

I tied her down a little more to even the canopy. Just before flip, I'll give her the final pruning she needs. That's when I'll take my clones.

Super cropping just doesn't work for me lol.... I broke another small top when experimenting with the technique. 2 for 2 now. I just don't think that will be part of my style when I get one. LST and scrog i can handle.

Here is a pic before I did anything to her.

DSCN035514.jpg

I'm all caught up, a great journal, awesome harvest, beautiful nugs! You've got some lucky friends! Where are they in the cure process? The new plant is looking awesome too.

I'll pull up a chair and follow this one if you don't mind. I'll start my DBHBB journal soon for documentation purposes but there won't be much happening for 30 days.

Rock on!

:theband:

I'm all caught up, a great journal, awesome harvest, beautiful nugs! You've got some lucky friends! Where are they in the cure process? The new plant is looking awesome too.

I'll pull up a chair and follow this one if you don't mind. I'll start my DBHBB journal soon for documentation purposes but there won't be much happening for 30 days.

Rock on!

:theband:

It's 10 days into the cure now. The green grass smell is mostly gone when I first open the jars.

I rolled a blunt for my GF last night. While breaking up the buds, the most amazing smells started to fill the kitchen. Sorry, I absolutely suck at describing smells and tastes.

Going off Doc's advice, I bought a couple mangoes to go with the blunt.

I learned I hate mangoes... lol

I only managed 2 small bites before I had to give up.

I took two big hits off the blunt. No black pepper training wheels. My tolerance is non-existent so needless to say, I got pretty medicated. I was right on the edge of anxiety, but did not feel like I needed to calm down with the black pepper.

The smoke was very smooth. I never coughed. The ashes were pure white, and burned very evenly. The best blunt I've rolled (about 1.5 grams), even though I don't really like blunts. I like a regular joint. Not a fan of bowls or bongs either.

The buds are so sticky and still a little green, they cannot easily be ran through the grinder yet. Have to break them up by hand. I may leave the lids off the jars a little longer tonight.

My GF has a high tolerance. Daily smoker from sun up to sun down. She just said it only take 3 hits off a joint to get medicated from a cold start. Still amazes me at how much she can smoke though. She just keeps going and going... lol

DSCN035614.JPG

I used to smoke blunt back in college. But then I bought a bong. Never went back. It's been my go to for over 20 years. I still have my first one. I do like to smoke a joint though. I like using a roller to get an even burn.
Glad it isn't causing you anxiety. You should be able to partake in your hard work.

Cheers mason

It's 10 days into the cure now. The green grass smell is mostly gone when I first open the jars.

I rolled a blunt for my GF last night. While breaking up the buds, the most amazing smells started to fill the kitchen. Sorry, I absolutely suck at describing smells and tastes.

Going off Doc's advice, I bought a couple mangoes to go with the blunt.

I learned I hate mangoes... lol

I only managed 2 small bites before I had to give up.

I took two big hits off the blunt. No black pepper training wheels. My tolerance is non-existent so needless to say, I got pretty medicated. I was right on the edge of anxiety, but did not feel like I needed to calm down with the black pepper.

The smoke was very smooth. I never coughed. The ashes were pure white, and burned very evenly. The best blunt I've rolled (about 1.5 grams), even though I don't really like blunts. I like a regular joint. Not a fan of bowls or bongs either.

The buds are so sticky and still a little green, they cannot easily be ran through the grinder yet. Have to break them up by hand. I may leave the lids off the jars a little longer tonight.

My GF has a high tolerance. Daily smoker from sun up to sun down. She just said it only take 3 hits off a joint to get medicated from a cold start. Still amazes me at how much she can smoke though. She just keeps going and going... lol

DSCN035614.JPG

Your girlfriend sounds kinda brixy....big plus IMO.

It sounds like you might want to leave the lid off the jar overnight in a cool, dry place.

Day 71 Veg

I gave her another good pruning. Took 6 clones. More LST to shape her how I like it.

Fixed my light. I now have 20 inches she can grow and still have 18 inches from light to canopy.

I should be able to let her veg for another week before I have to flip.

Hoping that will will give me Water/Flip >> Growth Energy >> Water >> Cat Drench at bud set.

Doc? Should I continue a couple cups of water daily to keep the top of the soil hydrated? And, how often do I spray WayAhead?

DSCN037312.jpg
DSCN037112.JPG
DSCN037213.JPG

Looking nice and low mason. How much longer before you flip?

Well, I have 20 inches to play with now. This new 20 gallon pot is tall. It's almost taller than where my screen was last grow.

She didn't stretch much last grow. I'm thinking of flipping in a week. Other than foliars, she'll be on autopilot. No more training/pruning. I'd like to get her as healthy as possible before the flip. Last grow the soil went flat second week of flower. I'm determined to not let that happen again.

I love the shape she took. She'll be a big beautiful girl I'm hoping.

I did get a little too aggressive with the LST and gave her an episiotomy . She'll be fine though. She just needs a few stitches :rofl:

Day 71 Veg

I gave her another good pruning. Took 6 clones. More LST to shape her how I like it.

Fixed my light. I now have 20 inches she can grow and still have 18 inches from light to canopy.

I should be able to let her veg for another week before I have to flip.

Hoping that will will give me Water/Flip >> Growth Energy >> Water >> Cat Drench at bud set.

Doc? Should I continue a couple cups of water daily to keep the top of the soil hydrated? And, how often do I spray WayAhead?

DSCN037312.jpg
DSCN037112.JPG
DSCN037213.JPG

It's recovering nicely. Let it veg for one more dry cycle. After it dries out this time, give it Growth Energy and put it into bloom. I don't always begin bloom with GE. Usually it's Transplant, but you're already in the final container and you want that calcium for the new foliage and roots that will be forming, so GE.

In the meantime, just a bit of water to keep the top slightly moist....borderline dry, rather than borderline wet.

I would also recommend the following foliar schedule:

DeStress immediately, mixed at 3/4 strength. Hose off the plant, tops, bottoms, nooks, crannies, stems and all. It will dislodge bugs and help with everything else going on growth wise.

At least 2 days later BUT BEFORE THE CONTAINER RUNS DRY spray Brix and Wayahead10x normally. If you need to do a very light watering to extend the bone-dry marker a couple day, that's fine. You want to do this Brix/Wayahead spray when the soil is dry. The roots will begin to take care of the myco as the soil drys out, and the foliars will greatly assist in getting everything working together and at top efficiency.

Then we should see something.

OK...

I mixed 8 Fl. Oz. water with 3ML Destress and sprayed every square inch of her holding the sprayer close to get some good pressure. I remember you talking about spraying like this when the mites came to town, but I had forgot about it until you mentioned it again here.

2 cups of water over the top of the soil.

I accidentally bumped the main stem that had a little split in it and made it a little bigger. Stupid me... I loosened the ropes a little and tied the two main stems together as tight as I dared to close the split.
:oops:

Changing subject...
Here are some pics of the other clone I gifted to a friend. I think she's looking great after a little LST. The plant is in a 10 gallon fabric. I gave him half a kits worth of drenches, foliars, and recharge to finish her with. She's being flipped to flower tonight.

IMAG26821.jpg
IMAG26811.jpg
IMAG26832.jpg

Back
Top Bottom